Jump to content

Buying sailboat in Philippines?


Recommended Posts

Pman

Wife claims there are lots of used sailboats for sell cheap in Philippines. 
 

I know in Thailand you can buy sailboats and they build them there. 
 

Anyone know how easy or hard it is to find sailboats in Philippines? 
 

websites?

Thinking of moving back to Philippines but done want to give up our sailboat. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrator
Dafey

I have been wanting a Paraw like they sail in Boracay. It's a modified gaff rig that really gets up and moves.

image.thumb.png.a4669cdc5bf23f4ad2d78fd4f0fd372a.png

image.thumb.png.bca6c284658e26de20f2ddeddf160762.png

Don't know what kind of boat/yacht you are looking at but you can start here:

https://www.broadwatermarine.com/

https://samaloutrigger.wordpress.com/

https://www.pgyc.org/sail-boats-for-sale.php

 

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
Gus



W
 
 
websites?
Thinking of moving back to Philippines but done want to give up our sailboat. 



Probably not what you're looking for , but checkout YouTube channel Life on Jupiter ..
Aluminium catamaran built in ..virtually ..the mangroves ..north of Cebu city.

Sent from my Mi A2 Lite using Tapatalk

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrator
Salty Dog
14 hours ago, Dafey said:

 

image.thumb.png.bca6c284658e26de20f2ddeddf160762.png

Might be a tad small for a family of 4 to live on full time... :biggrin_01:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Pman
17 hours ago, Dafey said:

I have been wanting a Paraw like they sail in Boracay. It's a modified gaff rig that really gets up and moves.

image.thumb.png.a4669cdc5bf23f4ad2d78fd4f0fd372a.png

image.thumb.png.bca6c284658e26de20f2ddeddf160762.png

Don't know what kind of boat/yacht you are looking at but you can start here:

https://www.broadwatermarine.com/

https://samaloutrigger.wordpress.com/

https://www.pgyc.org/sail-boats-for-sale.php

 

Pgyc.org. Those classic cruisers are what I’m looking for. Thank you!

Don’t see any I can afford though.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Daddle

Sailing a boat to the Philippine Islands from the USA is easy and fun. Or Hawaii. Or HK, Thailand, Malaysia.

Going to PGYC in Puerto Galera would be the best way to get started. The sailors in the bars there know everything about everything...heh. I doubt there is any organized list of sailboats in PI...I would think that impossible.

The Philippines may be the best cruising area in the world.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
wondersailor
9 hours ago, Daddle said:

Sailing a boat to the Philippine Islands from the USA is easy and fun. Or Hawaii. Or HK, Thailand, Malaysia.

Going to PGYC in Puerto Galera would be the best way to get started. The sailors in the bars there know everything about everything...heh. I doubt there is any organized list of sailboats in PI...I would think that impossible.

The Philippines may be the best cruising area in the world.

Especially the Sulu Sea. You meet the finest people there!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Davaoeno
1 hour ago, wondersailor said:

Especially the Sulu Sea. You meet the finest people there!

I understand some of the locals will give you free room and board- sometimes for months !

  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Daddle
On 4/23/2021 at 8:03 PM, wondersailor said:

Especially the Sulu Sea. You meet the finest people there!

Yes. No joke. A friend and PGYC member was kidnapped (in Davao if I recall) and eventually executed down there. I have cruised the Sulu Sea on the Malaysia side about 10 years ago when it was more peaceful. Plenty of fabulous places to sail in PI without entering the problem areas.

500 years ago today a famous early cruiser upset the locals and got himself killed at Mactan. So nothing new.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Pman
On 4/23/2021 at 1:55 PM, Daddle said:

Sailing a boat to the Philippine Islands from the USA is easy and fun. Or Hawaii. Or HK, Thailand, Malaysia.

Going to PGYC in Puerto Galera would be the best way to get started. The sailors in the bars there know everything about everything...heh. I doubt there is any organized list of sailboats in PI...I would think that impossible.

The Philippines may be the best cruising area in the world.

I have a Prout Snowgoose. Slowly getting her in shape to do that crossing. If my wife doesn’t drag us to Philippines sooner I plan on taking a few years in the Caribbean then going through Panama and onto Philippines.  
 

right now I feel safe going up and down icw. Not taking her offshore. Lots of work ahead!

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrator
Dafey
22 hours ago, Pman said:

going through Panama

Is it open again?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrator
Salty Dog
On 4/26/2021 at 9:36 PM, Pman said:

I plan on taking a few years in the Caribbean then going through Panama and onto Philippines.

You're a far braver man than me... :)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Pman
On 4/27/2021 at 7:52 PM, Dafey said:

Is it open again?

From what I’ve heard yes. But won’t be going for years anyway if we go at all. Might just sell our boat here and buy there. Time will tell. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..

Capture.JPG

I Understand...