Escario Street - Shell vs Petron

HeyMike

Good grief, this thread is a regular online college course today.

Davaoeno
25 minutes ago, lamoe said:

Nothing, words spelled correctly - so it wouldn't sea the difference. :biggrin_01:

🤔🤔🤔    what has the ocean got to do with anything ??

• Haha 4
Kahuna
6 minutes ago, HeyMike said:

Good grief, this thread is a regular online college course today.

Until Salty sets up the "Remedial Learning" part of this forum I'm afraid this will have to do..:hi:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
HeyMike

From the posts here, I think I would still choose the Patron over the Shell or the Petron.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3
BossHog
48 minutes ago, Kahuna said:

Until Salty sets up the "Remedial Learning" part of this forum I'm afraid this will have to do.

One of the mods, a certain @Dafey, will be teaching the math course. So buyer beware.

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 3
samatm
8 hours ago, cvgtpc1 said:

I don't think anybody in my wife's immediate family has ever changed the oil in anything they ride or drive lol

Actually there is decent science supporting your in-laws.    I have not changed the oil in my Fortuner since new.   .. just top ups with high grade Oils. 

It's also better on the environment!  Ever wonder where all the dirty oil goes here in the phillipines..?

Davaoeno
1 hour ago, samatm said:

decent science

Please elaborate. I thought oil broke down over time and became contaminated with micro particles. ?

rfm010
14 hours ago, samatm said:

Ever wonder where all the dirty oil goes here in the phillipines..?

Like everything else it eventually makes its way to the see.

• Haha 2
SkyMan
16 hours ago, HeyMike said:

Cotton duck (from Dutch doek,"linen canvas")

Is that Dutch or Dutck?

• Like 1
cookie47

Below a screen shot of a much larger article from Wikipedia.Another well documented use is sealing the joint's in Air-conditioning DUCTS.

--------------------------

Specialized heat- and cold-resistant tapes were developed for heating and air-conditioning ducts. By 1960 a St. Louis, Missouri, HVAC company, Albert Arno, Inc., trademarked the name "Ductape" for their "flame-resistant" duct tape, capable of holding together at 350–400 °F (177–204 °C).[21]

In 1971, Jack Kahl bought the Anderson firm and renamed it Manco.[16] In 1975, Kahl rebranded the duct tape made by his company. Because the previously used generic term "duck tape" had fallen out of use,[failed verification] he was able to trademark the brand "Duck Tape" and market his product complete with a yellow cartoon duck logo. Manco chose the term "Duck", the tape's original name, as "a play on the fact that people often refer to duct tape as 'duck tape'",[22] and as a marketing differentiation to stand out against other sellers of duct tape.[23][24] In 1979, the Duck

SkyMan
1 hour ago, cookie47 said:

By 1960 a St. Louis, Missouri, HVAC company, Albert Arno, Inc., trademarked the name "Ductape" for their "flame-resistant" duct tape

With only 1 'to in ductape. Would it be pronounced "duc tape" or duct ape"?

A_Simple_Man

Duck tape . .  Duct tape . . who cares?  They're all obsolete since
image.png.008db4ac7d4d00a6ebbb7169a4a02711.png

• Like 1
  • Administrator
Dafey

Go back to the beginning of this thread, read the original post and how it transformed to multiple different topics.

The reason for the Moderators keeping posts on topic are for anyone doing research into "where to get an oil change in Cebu" could compare the Shell and the Petron, not to be confused with Patron. :banghead:

While it's all very interesting and someone wanting an oil change can also learn how to tape their AC ducts, (or their gorilla), we should really try to stick to the Shell & Petron on Escario.

Wanna know where your posts went?  Chances are it was Off topic

• Thanks 3