Escario Street - Shell vs Petron

lamoe

I  highly recommend shell.

Got to Patron at 8:50 for 9 am oil change (arranged yesterday), no one in garage, ask sales clerk (he's having breakfast ), find him  - here for oil change - - after you  finish eating - small bowl of rice - 9:10 - he's playing video games. Found out head mechanic had to get part so kid was goofing off. Not nearly the same amount of customers as when old mechanic was in charge.

Went across street to Shell - super busy - maybe 10 guys doing cars - "how long a wait?" - can do it now - :1frog:

Mark was the guy's name (ask for him) -  took him over an hour -  oil change & filter, topped off break fluid, needed it (kept leftover), topped off transmission fluid needed it (kept leftover), cleaned air filter, filled windshield water, checked radiator

P1,376 total w/tip P1,500

Edited by lamoe
  • Like 3
lamoe
2 hours ago, BossHog said:

Shell sells gas, Patron sells aged tequila. One you put in your car and the other in your liver. Best not to mix them up.

PatronAnejo.thumb.jpg.b1d618a20c1d127abfd734a2298b5cac.jpg

What I have is a mild form of Central Agraphia (inability to recognize misspelled words)- thanks for the heads up - tried - can't correct title

Davaoeno
14 minutes ago, lamoe said:

What I have is a mild form of Central Agraphia (inability to recognize misspelled words)- thanks for the heads up - tried - can't correct title

Mmmm  What does a severe case look like?  

Maybe buy a phone or computer with auto-correct 

• Haha 4
crazygolfer
11 hours ago, lamoe said:

topped off break fluid

Just a comment on this...

Since the fluid level was low, you should check the condition of your break pads...

Also, before topping off, you need to assure the break fluid is not contaminated in any way, if it is, better change completely...

BossHog
2 hours ago, crazygolfer said:

you need to assure the break fluid is not contaminated in any way

Yeah. You don't want to drive around with broken break fluid.

Edited by BossHog
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
cvgtpc1

I don't think anybody in my wife's immediate family has ever changed the oil in anything they ride or drive lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
lamoe
15 hours ago, Davaoeno said:

Mmmm  What does a severe case look like?  

Maybe buy a phone or computer with auto-correct 

If you  noticed the word was spelled correctly which is why auto-correct didn't highlight it. Any more suggestions?

HeyMike
6 hours ago, BossHog said:

Yeah. You don't want to drive around with broken break fluid.

Duck tape... it fixes everything.

• Like 3
to_dave007
38 minutes ago, HeyMike said:

Duck tape... it fixes everything.

Proof positive that no matter how old I get..  I can still learn something every day.  Being a British born Canadian..  and a fan of the Red Green Show..  I felt that it was my moral and ethical duty to correct your obvious spelling error.... in referring to DUCT take..  as DUCK tape.  So.. imagine my horror when i discovered...

1.     Duck Tape® Brand Duct Tape (www.duckbrand.com)
  2.     Duct tape (also called duck tape, from the material it was originally made of) is cloth- or scrim-backed pressure-sensitive tape, often coated with polyethylene. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duct_tape)

As I said..  we learn something every day.. and my apologies for doubting you.

Wonder what the spell checker would do with "duck tape" vs "duct tape".

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
BossHog
4 minutes ago, to_dave007 said:

(also called duck tape, from the material it was originally made of)

Think i learned something too. The tape was made of actual ducks? Or duck cloth? 

ps. I say duct tape, too.

Edited by BossHog
  • Like 1
HeyMike

Mods, please bare with me. I would like to learn some of the members here.

Duct tape was first invented by a female factory worker during World War II. It was originally called 'duck' tape because it was made out of a cotton duck fabric and it repelled water like a duck's back. Duck Brand duct tapes are made with three main components: rubber adhesive, cloth, and film backing.

Cotton duck (from Dutch doek,"linen canvas")

The canvases I use for my paintings is cotton duck. I would like to use linen canvas, but finances says cotton is fine.

There will be a test.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
lamoe
Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, to_dave007 said:

Wonder what the spell checker would do with "duck tape" vs "duct tape".

Nothing, words spelled correctly - so it wouldn't sea the difference. :biggrin_01:

Edited by lamoe
Kahuna

hmmm, just so we are all clear..:cool:

break

/brāk/

verb

1.separate or cause to separate into pieces as a result of a blow, shock, or strain:"the branch broke with a loud snap"Similarshattersmashsmash to smithereenscrackOppositerepairmend

2.interrupt (a sequence, course, or continuous state):"the new government broke the pattern of growth"Similarinterruptdisturbinterfere with

brake

/brāk/

noun

1.a device for slowing or stopping a moving vehicle, typically by applying pressure to the wheels:"he slammed on his brakes"

verb

1.make a moving vehicle slow down or stop by using a brake:"drivers who brake abruptly"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
lamoe

To get back on topic - I would recommend Escario Shell now over Petron