PeterC
2 hours ago, SkyMan said:

I think what they want is a copy of the original letter granting permanent 13A that has the same big stamp that's in your passport but also has signatures and a raised seal.

The problem is I do not have the letter, not because I lost it, it is because the Philippine government did not issue me the letter.

• Like 1
SkyMan
1 hour ago, fivestarph said:

When I got mine in 1998 there was no letter only this and the ICoR plus a blue booklet for the Annual reports.

What did you give them 5 years ago? 

fivestarph
1 hour ago, PeterC said:

I also got my Visa in Hong Kong, the situation was same as yours.

Do you mean the local immigration office knew you do not have the BOC and accepted the "Immigrant Certificate For Residence" instead?

Did the local immigration office explicitly require a BOC?

I did mine at J center and they did not ask for a BOC, I just presented a copy of the Passport Stamp, a copy of the info page of the passport which had the stamp, a copy of the Alien Certificate of Registration and a copy of the Immigrant Certificate of Residence.

I make 3 sets but they only took two.

PeterC
On 4/17/2021 at 1:56 PM, Headshot said:

I've renewed my ACR-I card twice, and I have never heard of this requirement. Since they have lumped issuance and renewal together of a single list of requirements (to be checked as required), are you sure this is actually required for a simple ACR-I card renewal? It IS required for issuance (if you are applying for a resident visa), and it IS required if you lose your ACR-I card, or let it expire while out-of-country (if you are a 13A visa holder), but I don't think it is required for a simple renewal. Get a second opinion from another BI office.

Checked with BI office this morning, they confirmed BOC is not required for ACR I-Card renewal.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Headshot
On 4/18/2021 at 8:06 AM, SkyMan said:

What did you give them 5 years ago? 

They only things I showed them five years (actually only 4 1/2 years) ago was my Passport with the visa in it and my old ACR-I card.

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...
arentol

Update on this topic:

I went to renew my ACR I-Card (13a) at JCentre BI yesterday. Notes:

All transactions are now categorized by day of the week. Renewals are only done on Tuesdays. I went there on a Monday and, despite the office being nearly empty, was told to return the next day. 

Required docs:

- Passport bio page copy of current passport. If visa stamp was done on an old passport, then also include bio page of old passport with stamp.

- Copy of last arrival stamp.

- Copy of visa stamp.

- Application form.

- Copy of front & back of ACR I-Card.

- Actual ACR I-Card.

- BOC Letter showing grant of permanent visa (if 13a).

I interacted with 3 different agents-- every single one of them wanted the BOC Letter. 

I apparently brought the wrong BOC Letter.. I brought the probationary visa one and not the permanent visa one. Didn't even realize that I had 2 BOC Letters and need to look for the correct one.

My card expired yesterday. The agent told me I had up to 6 months to renew the card before they'd start imposing a fine.

All docs need to be in 8.5 X 14 long white folder and fastened at top.

For what it's worth, in 2016 when I last renewed my card, the requirements were not nearly as stringent. No BOC Letter needed and not even sure if they asked for stamps. Don't really remember. 

Anyone know if the Lapu Lapu office does ACR I-Card renewals?

Aren

Edited by arentol
  • Like 2
  • Administrator
Dafey
38 minutes ago, arentol said:

I went to renew my ACR I-Card (13a) at JCentre BI yesterday. Notes:

Did they say what the fee is?

arentol
1 hour ago, Dafey said:

Did they say what the fee is?

The agent said about 4,600 pesos.

Aren

• Like 1
SkyMan
2 hours ago, arentol said:

Anyone know if the Lapu Lapu office does ACR I-Card renewals?

I'd doubt it. They're kind of limited.  I don't think they  can even do ECC.

• Thanks 1