PeterC

Could someone who has renewed his ACR I-Card tell me what is CGAF and BOC (Board of Commissioner's Order of Approval), which are required for ACR I Card renewal?

Req..jpg

• Like 1
fivestarph
1 hour ago, PeterC said:

Could someone who has renewed his ACR I-Card tell me what is CGAF and BOC (Board of Commissioner's Order of Approval), which are required for ACR I Card renewal?

Req..jpg

May i ask when you first got your 13a?

PeterC
40 minutes ago, fivestarph said:

May i ask when you first got your 13a?

I first got my 13A in Mar 2000, I have never seen or heard about BOC.

The CGAF may be refer to the Application for Renewal Form, Because in Immigration Department's website CGAF stands for "Consolidation General Application Form".

• Like 1
BossHog
2 hours ago, PeterC said:

(Board of Commissioner's Order of Approval)

That's the rather long (3-4 page?) letter that came with your initial 13a approval. It's embossed and stuff. If you've misplaced yours and who doesn't at our age then go ahead and get the affidavit of loss from your lawyer. And that will need notarization.

And yeah the CGAF just means application form. They could write this stuff more clearly and not expect everyone to know their internal acronyms but it is what it is.

• Like 2
Headshot

I've renewed my ACR-I card twice, and I have never heard of this requirement. Since they have lumped issuance and renewal together of a single list of requirements (to be checked as required), are you sure this is actually required for a simple ACR-I card renewal? It IS required for issuance (if you are applying for a resident visa), and it IS required if you lose your ACR-I card, or let it expire while out-of-country (if you are a 13A visa holder), but I don't think it is required for a simple renewal. Get a second opinion from another BI office.

PeterC
35 minutes ago, BossHog said:

That's the rather long (3-4 page?) letter that came with your initial 13a approval. It's embossed and stuff. If you've misplaced yours and who doesn't at our age then go ahead and get the affidavit of loss from your lawyer. And that will need notarization.

And yeah the CGAF just means application form. They could write this stuff more clearly and not expect everyone to know their internal acronyms but it is what it is.

I get my 13A in Hong Kong, I processed the application myself, the embassy in Hong Kong just stamped the 13A Visa on the passport, and did not provide me with the BOC or other documents,  if I get the affidavit of loss, I will be providing false information to the government.

SmokyMtnRon

It looks like that is only required if you went from Probationary to Permanent Resident Visa.

ACR-Renewal2.pdf

PeterC
1 hour ago, Headshot said:

I've renewed my ACR-I card twice, and I have never heard of this requirement. Since they have lumped issuance and renewal together of a single list of requirements (to be checked as required), are you sure this is actually required for a simple ACR-I card renewal? It IS required for issuance (if you are applying for a resident visa), and it IS required if you lose your ACR-I card, or let it expire while out-of-country (if you are a 13A visa holder), but I don't think it is required for a simple renewal. Get a second opinion from another BI office.

1 hour ago, Headshot said:

I also have renewed the I card twice, they never asked for the BOC.  BOC was not required even when I got my first I card.

The requirements were given by staff of  the local Immigration Office when I went there to pay the annual fee.

Compared with the information provided by SmokyMtnRon, It seems the local immigration Office staff have given me the wrong information.

I will go to Immigration Office to verify if BOC is really needed.

52 minutes ago, SmokyMtnRon said:

It looks like that is only required if you went from Probationary to Permanent Resident Visa.

ACR-Renewal2.pdf 201.54 kB · 3 downloads

Thanks for the information.

fivestarph

When I did my renewal last month, they wanted the Yellow card document and a copy of the original Visa stamp in your Passport.

PeterC
1 hour ago, fivestarph said:

When I did my renewal last month, they wanted the Yellow card document and a copy of the original Visa stamp in your Passport.

Do you mean the "Immigrant Certificate of Residence" I also have it, but it has not used for about 20 years.

PeterC
5 hours ago, BossHog said:

I got my 13A Visa 21 years ago in Hong Kong, the embassy did not issue a BOC for me.

Do you have any idea about when the Philippine government began to issue BOC to 13A Visa holder?

fivestarph
17 minutes ago, PeterC said:

Do you mean the "Immigrant Certificate of Residence" I also have it, but it has not used for about 20 years.

Yes. You need it because you do not have the BOC letter also this stamp.

MGH Entry1.jpg

SkyMan

I think what they want is a copy of the original letter granting permanent 13A that has the same big stamp that's in your passport but also has signatures and a raised seal.

fivestarph
1 hour ago, SkyMan said:

I think what they want is a copy of the original letter granting permanent 13A that has the same big stamp that's in your passport but also has signatures and a raised seal.

When I got mine in 1998 there was no letter only this and the ICoR plus a blue booklet for the Annual reports.

Edited by fivestarph
PeterC
34 minutes ago, fivestarph said:

When I got mine in 1998 there was no letter only this and the ICoR plus a blue booklet for the Annual reports.

I also got my Visa in Hong Kong, the situation was same as yours.

Do you mean the local immigration office knew you do not have the BOC and accepted the "Immigrant Certificate For Residence" instead?

Did the local immigration office explicitly require a BOC?