cost of car and driver from Cebu to Liloan?

Kreole

I would like to travel from Liloan to Cebu and want to know what is a fair price for the trip?  Also from Cebu to Liloan?  Are there generally cars available for such trips from the RoRo docks?  Thanks ahead.

SkyMan
15 minutes ago, Kreole said:

I would like to travel from Liloan to Cebu and want to know what is a fair price for the trip?  Also from Cebu to Liloan?  Are there generally cars available for such trips from the RoRo docks?  Thanks ahead.

I don't think there's a RORO dock in Lilo-an yet.  You mean Danao?  You could probably get a half day taxi rental for p600?

to_dave007

metered white taxi should be lass then 600 for one way trip.

1 hour ago, Kreole said:

To which Liloan are you referring to?  I took it to mean you want a car from Liloan, just across from Dumaguete where the roro comes in OR do you mean Liloan, Near to Danao that 'Skyman' referred to?

• Like 2
to_dave007
1 hour ago, Edd said:

To which Liloan are you referring to?  I took it to mean you want a car from Liloan, just across from Dumaguete where the roro comes in OR do you mean Liloan, Near to Danao that 'Skyman' referred to?

Bingo !!.. The Liloan I referred to is the municipality between Consolacion and Compostela..  and I assume that's the one @SkyManmeant as well.. since he lives there.

• Like 1
SkyMan
3 hours ago, SkyMan said:

I don't think there's a RORO dock in Lilo-an yet.  You mean Danao?  You could probably get a half day taxi rental for p600?

Ok, so assuming you meant the southern Liloan across from Dumaguete, I think you'll likely need a full day's taxi rental for the round trip unless you plan to overnight in Cebu City or nearby.  I don't know the likelihood of finding a taxi available at the pier.  Are buses running now?  Ceres bus used to run from Dumaguete to CC and VV including the barge trip.  I think it would cost at least p1k for a round trip on a taxi because you'd really be paying for the taxi to make 2 round trips.  Maybe contact Ken Taxi if you want to go that route but I don't have their number.  It's been posted on this forum before.  

Is your goal the BI?  I suggest going to the Mactan BI first and only go to JMall if Mactan can't take care of you.  Or could you get to the Dumaguete BI?

Edited by SkyMan
Kreole
1 hour ago, SkyMan said:

Ok, so assuming you meant the southern Liloan across from Dumaguete, I think you'll likely need a full day's taxi rental for the round trip unless you plan to overnight in Cebu City or nearby.  I don't know the likelihood of finding a taxi available at the pier.  Are buses running now?  Ceres bus used to run from Dumaguete to CC and VV including the barge trip.  I think it would cost at least p1k for a round trip on a taxi because you'd really be paying for the taxi to make 2 round trips.  Maybe contact Ken Taxi if you want to go that route but I don't have their number.  It's been posted on this forum before.  

Is your goal the BI?  I suggest going to the Mactan BI first and only go to JMall if Mactan can't take care of you.  Or could you get to the Dumaguete BI?

Yes, my mistake for not clarifying which Lilo-an.  It is the port near Santander, and the trip would be just one way, not RT.  It may only be possible to reserve a taxi ahead in Cebu to come to Santander to pick me up and take me to Cebu.  So, that is a long distance.  I am assuming about USD $100.  Thanks for the heads up on the BI, but I do not plan to go there.  My application is still in process in Manila, since October, so in a way, no news is good news.  Salamat

• Like 1
SkyMan
1 hour ago, Kreole said:

I am assuming about USD $100.

I might come get you for $100.  :shocked:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
Davaoeno
4 hours ago, SkyMan said:

I might come get you for $100.  :shocked:

I'll do it for $95 !! Hehe 

• Haha 2
Kreole
16 hours ago, Davaoeno said:

Although, I realize you are joking, I would consider an offer like that if I cannot find a suitable alternative.  Personally, I would not drive 6 hours total for $100 including gas.  It is a long gas-guzzling drive for little reward.  On the other hand, I am not looking for a cheap ride in a taxi or car with 4 bald tires and a driver with his/her foot to the floor.

• Like 2
SkyMan
22 hours ago, Davaoeno said:

Sorry, the bidding is already up to $100. You'll have to offer to pay me more. 

• Haha 1
A_Simple_Man
On 4/8/2021 at 1:04 AM, Kreole said:

It is the port near Santander, and the trip would be just one way, not RT.

In the past I have paid many taxis or private cars a little less than US$100 to drive from Cebu to Liloan/Santander.  They used to be easy to find.  I have not done it since Covid so someone would have to give an update about that.

Getting a taxi or car from Lil/San back to Cebu is much more difficult.  I would just take the bus (again . . Covid?)

samatm

Just curious why you would't consider  flying to Duma?  

Kreole
9 hours ago, samatm said:

Just curious why you would't consider  flying to Duma?  

Cebu is my destination.  Going through Dumaguete would just add one more leg to my trip and one more possible quarantine, which seem to pop up like wack a mole.  I have opted on flying directly from Siquijor to Cebu to avoid crowded ferries and buses.  It shows that I must be desperate if I am willing to pay such an obscenely high price.   I decided years ago I would never ride a Ceres aircon bus again.  The drivers refuse to adjust the temp from freezing to some level that is hospitable to human life.  They just don't give a shit that passengers are obviously very uncomfortable and freezing to death.  This is true of every tropical country I have visited, not just the PH.  I would fuking walk to Cebu before I ever ride one of those buses again.  Since the regular ferry services have been suspended, the only option is a LITE ferry 17 hour Larena to Cebu via Plaridel.  That certainly ups the odds of catching some virus floating through the mass of passengers.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1