Only 2 x 6 month extension

to_dave007
On 4/8/2021 at 6:24 AM, to_dave007 said:

My old (85 this year) friend and I will go to Mactan later this month and we are both trying for 6 months. 

Will report here what happens.

So.. my old friend and I left Tuburan at 5.30am for the drive to BI Mactan on April 27th. We arrived there a couple minutes after 8..  to be greeted by the "Closed for Lapu Lapu Holiday all day 27 April" sign on the front door.  WTF.. I CHECKED the holidays in the Philippines BEFORE we did this trip.. specifically to ensure we wouldn't run into a holiday closure.  It's happened so many times now.  Only advice guard could offer is "come back tomorrow".

On the HOPE that the holiday was a local municipal holiday.. we went over to Mandaue to JMALL hoping it would be open.. And it was..  Hurray !!   We expected that we would only get 2 months extension, but we didn't want to waste the entire trip.

When we got there..  the two guys at the front called out my old friends name at first sight.  So here I am.. standing there still filling out the form, and my friend comes up to me and says they gave him 6 months..  and I turned around and he had already paid..  But we had not even been there 5 minutes.  So i went to the first counter to hand in my form and pointed out to the girl that I'm asking for 6 months..  and she looked at my passport..  and previous visa receipts.. and asked just one question "do you have children here"..  "yes".. Ok..  I'll give you 6.  And that's all it took. Cost for 6 month extension was 6,930 peso.  Same for my friend.

I still needed to wait 45 minutes to get all the way through like all the other guys there.  Only my friend breezed through.. in and out in 10 minutes.

Next stop on the trip was a store in Colon.. It too was closed for Lapu Lapu holiday.  After that everything we needed was open, and the whole day was not the bust it seemed to be shortly after 8am.

To the topic of this thread..  My friend and I now each have TWO 6-month extensions.  We have not yet tried for THREE..  That will happen now in late October this year.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
cookie47
1 hour ago, to_dave007 said:

do you have children here"..  "yes".. Ok

So that proves that Using an agent like we do (and always will ) appears to make no difference to the accual outcome which seems to more rely on the circumstances at the counter.?

• Like 1
BossHog
Just now, cookie47 said:

appears to make no difference to the accual outcome which seems to more rely on the circumstances at the counter.?

The BI at times can be more mercurial than Mercury Drug.

• Like 1
Paddy
1 hour ago, cookie47 said:

So that proves that Using an agent like we do (and always will ) appears to make no difference to the accual outcome which seems to more rely on the circumstances at the counter.?

I’d word that as “may make no difference”. There are some agents and some situations where, I believe, the fees are very worthwhile. There are also some BI offices with staff who go the extra mile to help. Legazpi seems to fit this description.

I recently assisted a foreigner in Masbate who, because of COVID and the fact that there is no BI here, had managed to overstay by almost a year. The agent we found in Manila provided excellent guidance and templates for “supporting documents” and the outcome was a successful visa catch up (about 13 months worth by the time it was done) plus a 6 month extension all within the promised timeframe. She wasn’t cheap but she IS good.

• Like 4
cookie47
14 minutes ago, Paddy said:

I’d word that as “may make no difference”.

Yes my wording could of been better.

I'm in a lucky situation.. 

The "agent" is our neighbour and a distance relative of my wife.Normally she would be working at a travel agency in Cebu.But due to Covide no work (although recently some on line work customers are returning)...

So, her fee is Zero ,We only pay BI fees, a donation for fuel and parking and eats for her and the driver..

She normally plans our matters on the same day she would normally visit the BI..

I've insisted many times on paying but no...

She's very experienced in visas and attending the BI as her agency "normally" has a lot of Korean customers....(I'm told)

Thus as a senior I find this service suits my needs.

So why am I writing this....Just to make it QUITE clear that this arrangement is completely legitimate and without impropriety.I guess when she returns to normal duties ? she may also be able to help others if the need arises but that would be a commercial arrangement.

• Like 2
Paddy

Sorry @cookie47i did not mean to imply that there was any impropriety in your arrangement. 
To the best of my knowledge we can engage anyone to represent us at the BI - with or without fees. 

• Like 3
hyaku
13 hours ago, Soupeod said:

:ROFLMAO:  So, it is possible for a third 6-month extension!  Just has to be handled correctly. 

The best way to handle this and many other things is "don't go there". I have no problems getting visas with my courier. Sent a guy last week to do the road tax on my vehicles He did it a lot quicker and easier than me. As soon as I turn up at LTO gate security throws a fit and finds some way to circumvent the Kano. Last time they sent me away as they insisted on a deed of sale.

• Like 3
cookie47
Sorry [mention=18904]cookie47[/mention]i did not mean to imply that there was any impropriety in your arrangement. 
To the best of my knowledge we can engage anyone to represent us at the BI - with or without fees. 

Paddy... Definitely....No apology needed, Didn't even consider your post an issue.

Just clarifying my end as this Saga will probably go on for years (well until a 13a comes around)... Cheers.

Sent from my M2003J15SC using Tapatalk

• Like 1
Fresh
On 4/29/2021 at 9:15 PM, Soupeod said:

So, it is possible for a third 6-month extension!

If you're old enough.

• Like 1