Gasoline Container

Daddle
16 minutes ago, SkyMan said:

I have a couple of those I use to store used motor oil.  I don't think I'd put gas in them because the rubber seal isn't great and the caps tend to split.

I suppose one needs to really keep an eye on them.

I notice that the more upscale sari-sari vendors here have their gasoline in nice colored glass booze bottles with handmade wooden corks presented in attractive roadside displays. Organized by refinery and vintage, or something. But this is Quezon where everything is fancy like that. The common folks have to get along with recycled 2 liter water bottles from the more downscale establishments. :-)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
BossHog
1 hour ago, Daddle said:

But this is Quezon where everything is fancy like that. 

They've for the most part gotten rid of the Coca-Cola bottle nipa-roofed gas stands here. Real gas stations going up all over. But it only takes one guy. A tricycle driver was smoking a ciggy while filling up and the whole shit just went boom. Underground tanks and everything. It's now just a few black holes where the pumps were and charred earth. 

Edited by BossHog
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1
SkyMan

Yeah, a Jerry Can would be great but I'm not sure I could find one here at a reasonable price.  I'll probably put one or two in my next BBBox.

• Like 1
cookie47

On 4/5/2021 at 9:47 AM, SkyMan said:

Yeah, a Jerry Can would be great but I'm not sure I could find one here at a reasonable price.

Found on Lazada.

Not sure how to value these, Maybe in your price range.

Screenshot_2021-04-11-16-46-34-780_com.lazada.android.jpg

• Thanks 1
SkyMan
42 minutes ago, cookie47 said:

Found on Lazada.

Not sure how to value these, Maybe in your price range.

Screenshot_2021-04-11-16-46-34-780_com.lazada.android.jpg

Considering the plastic ones are p1500+.  That looks like a deal.  Too late for me to order anything now though.

• Like 1