Norwegian National Found Dead - Biliran

streak03
13 hours ago, Kabisay-an gid said:

Too soon to consider him a suspect, but I'm sure he's near the top of the list of people that police are going to interrogate. At this point, we don't even know if he was on duty at the time. No sense jumping to conclusions this early, the guard might have a perfectly good alibi. Hopefully the local media and authorities will keep the public posted as the investigation continues.

Do you have any verifiable documentation to support your statement, or is it just a biased opinion?

Often a foreign husband is the primary means of support for their Filipina wife and her family, so it wouldn't make sense for her to knock off her meal ticket.

Of the many thousands of foreigners who've come through this discussion forum over the last 15 or so years, the only one I remember that was allegedly killed by his Filipina asawa was James Musselwhite's Canadian neighbor in Mindanao. However, that wasn't a surprise to anybody, considering the Canadian was said to have a low opinion of his wife and Filipinos in general, and was frequently verbally abusive of them. 

Yes, sometimes the wife is involved in the death of her foreigner husband, but I've seen no hard evidence that that's true in most cases. In this current case under discussion, she MIGHT turn out to be involved, but it's too early to jump to conclusions based on personal biases.

All you have to do is read brother.  Google and a bit of research may be your friend.  Lol

Edited by streak03
Misspelled word
SkyMan
16 hours ago, Kabisay-an gid said:

Too soon to consider him a suspect, but I'm sure he's near the top of the list of people that police are going to interrogate.

I'm not sure when or why the PC world decided that referring to someone as a suspect was just too offensive and they should only be referred to as a person of interest.  But my opinion is that everyone is a suspect until eliminated.  That doesn't mean they are guilty in the least but just that they haven't been ruled out.

19 hours ago, streak03 said:

Normally the wife is involved one way or another

Do you have any verifiable documentation to support your statement, or is it just a biased opinion?

It's a pretty well known fact, at least in countries where this kind of thing is investigated properly.  No reason to assume that isn't the case here.  And normally doesn't mean always.

Often a foreign husband is the primary means of support for their Filipina wife and her family, so it wouldn't make sense for her to knock off her meal ticket.

True, but then we don't know their relationship.  He could have just told her he was going to kick her to the curb.  Perhaps she knew she would benefit from a large life insurance policy and she decided he wasn't worth keeping around.  Perhaps one of them was caught cheating.  I wouldn't jump on blaming or defending anyone right now.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
the chimp

Sorry to here about this.From what I read,it is most likely someone who is close,neighbor,family member etc.We come here to have a little peace in our lives,and it's the same old crap.Currently Im out in the province in the Surigao area,after spending 2 months in Cebu City, acclimating and preparing covid documents,tests for our trip here.I do feel more vulnerable here,as there aren't as many foreigners,the extreme poverty,which doesn't seem to be getting  any better,and most people greet me with a smile,but there are always those few who don't,it makes me a little wary and suspicious.Gone are the days of Hey Joe,it's now Hey Bro,and Ive even heard some F#$% Yous from young kids passing by,undoubtedly picked up from you tube videos. Not to mention the fact that everyone and his brother,from 6yrs up is glued to a smart phone playing video games.The level of retardation here is already high,the constant playing of these games will make it much worse.This is a very difficult culture to try and understand,Ive pretty much given up on it,have to lower my expectations,I think it will be impossible to have any filipino friends.Sorry to keep rambling off topic.I will close by saying that I knew both Harry Doyle of Surigao and I met a gentleman several years ago at the bus terminal in Ormoc Leyte.He was from Biliran,I believe his name was Harvey,he was murdered also,I never heard anything further about why.Thanks for listening,I don't get much chance to speak english beyond very small talk lately !!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4
M.C.A.
27 minutes ago, the chimp said:

Sorry to here about this.From what I read,it is most likely someone who is close,neighbor,family member etc.We come here to have a little peace in our lives,and it's the same old crap.Currently Im out in the province in the Surigao area,after spending 2 months in Cebu City, acclimating and preparing covid documents,tests for our trip here.I do feel more vulnerable here,as there aren't as many foreigners,the extreme poverty,which doesn't seem to be getting  any better,and most people greet me with a smile,but there are always those few who don't,it makes me a little wary and suspicious.Gone are the days of Hey Joe,it's now Hey Bro,and Ive even heard some F#$% Yous from young kids passing by,undoubtedly picked up from you tube videos. Not to mention the fact that everyone and his brother,from 6yrs up is glued to a smart phone playing video games.The level of retardation here is already high,the constant playing of these games will make it much worse.This is a very difficult culture to try and understand,Ive pretty much given up on it,have to lower my expectations,I think it will be impossible to have any filipino friends.Sorry to keep rambling off topic.I will close by saying that I knew both Harry Doyle of Surigao and I met a gentleman several years ago at the bus terminal in Ormoc Leyte.He was from Biliran,I believe his name was Harvey,he was murdered also,I never heard anything further about why.Thanks for listening,I don't get much chance to speak english beyond very small talk lately !!

Sure is nice to hear some candor for a change, actually I don't hear that enough and for sure most of what you just shared "Been there done and experienced that".

• Like 1
Davaoeno
2 hours ago, the chimp said:

1 hour ago, M.C.A. said:

Sure is nice to hear some candor for a change, actually I don't hear that enough and for sure most of what you just shared "Been there done and experienced that".

After reading your rant full of whining and attacks on every aspect of the Philippines and Filipinos  in general the only comment I have for you is " Go Home Joe!!"

How's that for candor for you !!!

• Haha 1
the chimp
1 hour ago, Davaoeno said:

After reading your rant full of whining and attacks on every aspect of the Philippines and Filipinos  in general the only comment I have for you is " Go Home Joe!!"

THanks friend,I do appreciate your candor,but it's Bro,not Joe !

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
the chimp
1 hour ago, Davaoeno said:

Nah,I think I'll stay awhile...

• Thanks 1
M.C.A.
1 hour ago, the chimp said:

Nah,I think I'll stay awhile...

Chimp if you're ever on Laguna, send me a message I'll buy the beers and we can get together and talk we have so much in common and I can tell you've been here a while and I'll bet you don't live in one of those special private sanitized communities.

• Like 1
the chimp

hehehe you got that right! I'm staying in a native bamboo/plywood house on stilts out over the mangrove...got my wife's family a fridge 2 weeks ago,first one for them.Everything ok,still a pain in the ass setting up the mosquito net inside the bedroom every night,and the giant spiders kinda creep me out,big rat ran across the top of the wall 2 nights ago,but like you say been here ,done that.Glad to make your acquaintance !!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
streak03
12 hours ago, Davaoeno said:

Typical bullshit from folks that wear some serious rose colored glasses lol

Davaoeno
1 hour ago, streak03 said:

Typical bullshit from folks that wear some serious rose colored glasses lol

Boy do you not know me!!!  🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Administrator
Dafey

You "gentleman are having a hard time staying on topic, aren't you?

Let's try again,

Norwegian National Found Dead - Biliran

Also, if you'd like to throw insults back and forth, take it to the CR! Nobody in the open forum cares....

• Like 6
smokey

I agree with u james its often hard to believe why then if and mist are not solved because no one will file a case

smokey
On 4/2/2021 at 7:05 PM, Kabisay-an gid said:

Too soon to consider him a suspect, but I'm sure he's near the top of the list of people that police are going to interrogate. At this point, we don't even know if he was on duty at the time. No sense jumping to conclusions this early, the guard might have a perfectly good alibi. Hopefully the local media and authorities will keep the public posted as the investigation continues.

Of the many thousands of foreigners who've come through this discussion forum over the last 15 or so years, the only one I remember that was allegedly killed by his Filipina asawa was James Musselwhite's Canadian neighbor in Mindanao. However, that wasn't a surprise to anybody, considering the Canadian was said to have a low opinion of his wife and Filipinos in general, and was frequently verbally abusive of them. 

Yes, sometimes the wife is involved in the death of her foreigner husband, but I've seen no hard evidence that that's true in most cases. In this current case under discussion, she MIGHT turn out to be involved, but it's too early to jump to conclusions based on personal biases.

Gee another foreigner hummm 

Screenshot_20210412-145030_Chrome.jpg

• Sad 1