Buying a projector instead a big screen tv

Goetz1965

It hides the drilling holes where the TV wallbracket was.

Irenicus
On 4/1/2021 at 8:59 PM, SkyMan said:

Neighbor has one and it is pretty farking sweet.  Has also gotten great reviews on Lazada.  Keep in mind that many of the screens are all made my mainstream manufacturers (LG mostly).

• Like 1
SkyMan
49 minutes ago, Irenicus said:

Neighbor has one and it is pretty farking sweet.  Has also gotten great reviews on Lazada.  Keep in mind that many of the screens are all made my mainstream manufacturers (LG mostly).

I think it's a Japanese company that has been around a while though I'd never heard of them.  It's probably what I would buy if I was going to be around long enough to enjoy it.  And if I had a big enough wall.  Hahahaha

Dutch
2 hours ago, Irenicus said:

1 hour ago, SkyMan said:

I think it's a Japanese company that has been around a while though I'd never heard of them.  It's probably what I would buy if I was going to be around long enough to enjoy it.  And if I had a big enough wall.  Hahahaha

It's a chinese brand, I would assume it uses BOE panels, not LG.
You mainly see LG panels in OLED tvs, from sony to philips to random chinese brand, they all use LG panels for their OLED models.
For good reason by the way, LG OLED panels are truly something else, going from LCD to OLED is such a massive leap, got an LG OLED here in PH and back home, I would never want to go back to using an LCD.

SkyMan
16 hours ago, Dutch said:

For good reason by the way, LG OLED panels are truly something else, going from LCD to OLED is such a massive leap, got an LG OLED here in PH and back home, I would never want to go back to using an LCD.

Are QLED and OLED basically the same but different brands? Samsung and LG?

Davaoeno
3 hours ago, SkyMan said:

No

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Dutch
5 hours ago, SkyMan said:

That's what Samsung's marketing department wants you to think.
QLED is just LCD with LED backlight, Samsung has been struggling to get their OLED tech ready for mass production, it's still not ready in 2021, QLED is some knee jerk/intermediate marketing spin to keep selling LCD panels by confusing consumers.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
SkyMan
5 hours ago, Davaoeno said:

No

3 hours ago, Dutch said:

That's what Samsung's marketing department wants you to think.
QLED is just LCD with LED backlight, Samsung has been struggling to get their OLED tech ready for mass production, it's still not ready in 2021, QLED is some knee jerk/intermediate marketing spin to keep selling LCD panels by confusing consumers.

Dang, because those OLED TVs are way expensive.