Buying a projector instead a big screen tv

Goetz1965

When our 50" tv died 2 weeks ago I bought the best of the cheap projectors - APEMAN LC350 FullHD - but after 2 weeks I will sell it now as its too simple.

Picture is good for the price but its a hassle to adjust as its only basic manual possibilities.
I hope I can get the MI Wanbo T2 Max in the Mi Store next weekend, or have to buy online. That one is 4k more expensive but has better ways of picture optimization.
I will make a video about it in a few weeks on my youtube channel too.

But as I thought to get a projector scree to enhance the image on the wall I now found that this light green wallcolour used here is already perfect.
Luckily I got it refunded from lazada already 12$ saved.

Left with lights on - right with lights of.
The Apeman is 2,1m away and gives a 75" picture.
Only that "projector screen" is absolut rubbish lol

78083484_compareimagescrren.thumb.jpg.7544bf7fdea565c1fe62d47b4b35ace5.jpg

• Like 2
Davaoeno

At least you saved 12 dollars!!   

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
BossHog
2 hours ago, Goetz1965 said:

The Apeman is 2,1m away and gives a 75" picture.

The 'throw' is way off. You need a decent distance and, well, a decent projector. Look at the lumens when buying. They are getting cheaper but you'll still pay well over 30k pesos for a decent one. 

• Like 2
mikecon3
2 minutes ago, BossHog said:

The 'throw' is way off. You need a decent distance and, well, a decent projector. Look at the lumens when buying. They are getting cheaper but you'll still pay well over 30k pesos for a decent one. 

And Contrast, the higher, the better. Or when you're watching dark movies like Star Trek or movies filmed at night, you'll strain your eyes to make out the shapes.

• Like 2
  • Administrator
Dafey
22 hours ago, Goetz1965 said:

Left with lights on - right with lights of.

So you can't watch TV in the daytime?

• Thanks 1
Davaoeno
8 minutes ago, Dafey said:

So you can't watch TV in the daytime?

You make your choice- quality or cheap price.

In the Philippines its always cheap price 😊

• Like 1
Irenicus

My sister in law is selling a JVC PT-AT6000E projector system cheap.  PM me if interested.

Fresh
On 3/31/2021 at 5:08 PM, Goetz1965 said:

our 50" tv died 2 weeks ago

Right before I joined here I remember reading your post about buying a cheap China made TV, and saying you got a great deal.  What brand was it again?  I guess it wasn't a great deal after all.

Stick to Samsung, LG, or Sony.

cookie47
1 hour ago, Fresh said:

Sony

Yep, Sony Android with unlimited fiber data,,, 😁 So happy...

• Like 1
Goetz1965

The 50" was a Devant, bought 4 years ago in shopwise.
My 65" is now down in the sala, that Xtreme and roughly 3 years old now. So will last another year lol

The Apeman 350LC 2020 model that has 1080p I will sell and get me the Xiaomi Wanbo T2 MAx instead.
The Wanbo is 4k more but I can cntrol keystone from the remote, so its way better!

Here you can see it at 02:00mn onwards very good 

During daytime I just close the curtains and switch of the lights, its pretty good.
I also will install the screen finally - even its not giving advantage it covers the drill holes where the wallmount of my tv was and some specky areas on the wall where the paint isnt that even.

• Like 1
Dutch
39 minutes ago, Goetz1965 said:

The 50" was a Devant, bought 4 years ago in shopwise.
My 65" is now down in the sala, that Xtreme and roughly 3 years old now. So will last another year lol

The Apeman 350LC 2020 model that has 1080p I will sell and get me the Xiaomi Wanbo T2 MAx instead.
The Wanbo is 4k more but I can cntrol keystone from the remote, so its way better!

Here you can see it at 02:00mn onwards very good 

During daytime I just close the curtains and switch of the lights, its pretty good.
I also will install the screen finally - even its not giving advantage it covers the drill holes where the wallmount of my tv was and some specky areas on the wall where the paint isnt that even.

Please keep in mind that projectors need maintenance, they also don't like heat, and the bulbs need to be replaced.

Replacing bulbs is really something to keep in mind when dealing with chinese brands, they might be a lot harder to get and chances are they won't last as long, especially in a hot and humid climate.

Projectors are a bit more complicated to own compared to a TV.

I would really advise people to not get a projector unless they go for high end stuff and have a use case where a TV simply wont cut it (home cinema for example).

Goetz1965

The lamp in the Wanbo is encapsulated, so no dust gets in.Next is that Xiaomi is already a well known brand, so I sure will get a new lamp if needed. But they also tell its 30.000 hours lifetime - even its onl half that and I would watch 4 hours a day it would last me 3.750 days wich is over 10 years. So lets see what dies faster lol

I will do a video when I finally have that installed so you can see. And be sure you et updated in youtube when it dies as I make videos now about everything hehehe
But if it dies within the 1st year I do have warranty by philippine law and get it repaird/renewed for free.

Goetz1965

This is now with the screen installed. Projector is about 2,15m away (you can spot the lamp on the right) and the resulting picture is 76" diagonal.
That is the max the projector should do as color fringes are clearly visible when one is near the screen.
Also sharpness is off in the corners and not adjustable any further. But for movies and TV the picture is still good enough.
I would say this Apeman 350LC 2020 model is a good projector if you go for up to 50" picture but cost only 5.2k

IMG_7868.JPG

cvgtpc1

Would it look much different without the screen?