Looks Like Phuket Will Open First

liquido

I know some of us single guys are looking to make a break..Its looking like Phuket will get the jump on the Philippines snagging tourist dollars..I guess Thailand needs it more because they normally get around 40 million people a year compared to the 5 million the RP gets..My base camp for now has been in the USA/Cozumel..My tentative plan now with Phuket coming online possibly in july is to go there TDY and if it works out I may do PCS{i just love military jargon..lol}... When the RP decides to open and is in desperate need of wanting my money the flight across the pond will be a lot shorter.. Thailand is forcing my hand because im fully vaccinated and ready....

https://us.yahoo.com/lifestyle/vaccinated-travelers-looking-beach-getaway-163027774.html

Vaccinated Travelers Looking for a Beach Getaway Can Head to Phuket in July

The popular Thai island of Phuket will start welcoming vaccinated travelers in July, according to reports, months earlier than initially expected.

Travelers who have been fully vaccinated will not have to undergo a quarantine to visit the beach destination after the country's coronavirus task force on Friday gave them the all-clear to start welcoming tourists this summer, Reuters reported Friday. By then, the island plans to have inoculated 70% of its residents.

Edited by Dafey
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
cvgtpc1
3 hours ago, liquido said:

I know some of us single guys are looking to make a break..Its looking like Phuket will get the jump on the Philippines snagging tourist dollars..I guess Thailand needs it more because they normally get around 40 million people a year compared to the 5 million the RP gets..My base camp for now has been in the USA/Cozumel..My tentative plan now with Phuket coming online possibly in july is to go there TDY and if it works out I may do PCS{i just love military jargon..lol}... When the RP decides to open and is in desperate need of wanting my money the flight across the pond will be a lot shorter.. Thailand is forcing my hand because im fully vaccinated and ready....

Will this move be permanent or you'll have a DEROS date? :P

• Haha 2
Swissrider

https://us.yahoo.com/lifestyle/vaccinated-travelers-looking-beach-getaway-163027774.html
Vaccinated Travelers Looking for a Beach Getaway Can Head to Phuket in July
The popular Thai island of Phuket will start welcoming vaccinated travelers in July, according to reports, months earlier than initially expected.
Travelers who have been fully vaccinated will not have to undergo a quarantine to visit the beach destination after the country's coronavirus task force on Friday gave them the all-clear to start welcoming tourists this summer, Reuters reported Friday. By then, the island plans to have inoculated 70% of its residents.

"By then, the island plans to have inoculated 70% of its residents."
I lived inThailand some years ago. The Thais, like the Filipinos, often have soaring plans and ideas. This is one of them. The plan is to vaccinate the locals first (I think about 400 K) and only then vaccinated tourists are allowed to enter without quarantine. But they have to show a negative test and be traceable at any time via a tracing app. IMO, none of this will happen that way. But I don't mind if I'm totally wrong.

Gesendet von meinem SM-N950F mit Tapatalk

Soupeod
14 hours ago, liquido said:

Cozumel

Didn’t you you just arrive at Cozumel?

liquido
45 minutes ago, Soupeod said:

Didn’t you you just arrive at Cozumel?

Just arrived back in the USA..Chicago has direct flights. I split my time between Cozumel and the USA...

• Thanks 1
liquido
12 hours ago, cvgtpc1 said:

Will this move be permanent or you'll have a DEROS date? :P

Permanent has never been in my dictionary...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
Chris24

I have my eye on Phuket as well and have been following the news.  It looks like Samui will be right behind it.  July won't work out for me but maybe October will, and by then we'll see how it is working out.  Air fare and hotel / Airbnb prices have not moved at all in months, which I take as a sign that demand (or lack of it) hasn't yet budged, but of course that will take some time.  I read an article that said a high proportion of tourists to Phuket are Chinese, even during normal times.