My RC Hobby

hilyfe

Anybody here play remote control boats banca?

Im currently looking for a small scale size banca

Like the tour boats in cebu

images-1_zpsbc2e8cce.jpg

Just like this one on the picture

Can someone please direct me to where I can order this type of boat

Thank you

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hilyfe

• Paul

• philuk

• Mr. Mike

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Scale replica of a ship in philippines I think he did a great job lol So i asked him to make Sports fishermans yacht😁

This thing is freakin awesomeness  Like the real thing

Posted Images

philuk

you could also try looking on the rc philippines web site,  you will have to become a member to view the forum boards, and the only way to do that at the moment is by emailing corkscrew, his email is posted on the web sites front page here      www.rcphilippines.com    they have updated there servers and are having probs with the registration,

well worth the effort there is a lot of info on there. I will check to see if there are anything about what you are looking for today

philuk

Ok I have searched there boat forum, and can find nothing on banca boats, they all appear to be sunday sailors or speed freeks

One of the members on here built a real one, think it was bill H, perhaps he has plans you can scale down to build from, and all the running gear can be got from a model shop or online,

A model shop could advise you on what motor and ESC, and battery you would need

As for buying a ready made one, I doubt anyone makes one,

hilyfe

Thank you eaglebauer and philuk

Appreciated for trying to help me

I will try to keep looking

for someone who can build it for me

hilyfe

Finally I found someone who can carved a boat from a mahogany log

This is the planned I gave him

the-balangay-21_zps33966ff3.jpg

3660d1122975463-10m-thai-long-tail-www_tsunamilongtail_com_typicalfishingboat_zps54547452.jpg

BLNGHI_LIN2_zpse32d863b.jpg

The hull will look like that

philuk

Hi hylife, I started a thread for this subject on rc philippines and am seeing some very useful info on there but no plans have come forth, seems no one is making these boats other than the real ones,

I can see a few problems with a boat carved from solid wood, ( Not a problem for a static model )

1. It would need to be hollowed out as solid wooden boats dont float too well

2. even if it is hollowed out it would be difficult to get an even wall thickness

3. it would be liable to warping, splitting and cracking when it is finished due to the nature of wood, It does not like rapid climate change like going from 30 something degrees then being    dunked  into cold water, even if it is varnished. unlike steel wood will not contract to its original size at a given temperature,

It would be a far better idea if it was made with a keel and formers, and then either planked or sheeted, This would be much lighter and far more stable

thebob

The middle pic is a Thai long tail, not a bancca. 

hilyfe

Hi hylife, I started a thread for this subject on rc philippines and am seeing some very useful info on there but no plans have come forth, seems no one is making these boats other than the real ones,

I can see a few problems with a boat carved from solid wood, ( Not a problem for a static model )

1. It would need to be hollowed out as solid wooden boats dont float too well

2. even if it is hollowed out it would be difficult to get an even wall thickness

3. it would be liable to warping, splitting and cracking when it is finished due to the nature of wood, It does not like rapid climate change like going from 30 something degrees then being    dunked  into cold water, even if it is varnished. unlike steel wood will not contract to its original size at a given temperature,

It would be a far better idea if it was made with a keel and formers, and then either planked or sheeted, This would be much lighter and far more stable

I cant find anyone willing to build me one

that guy that carved out logs is the only one willing to make for me

ill pay downpayment of 100 dollars

and another after I received the boat

Our weather in hawaii is around 70 to 80 all year long

ill probably keep looking untill I find someone to build me on lol

what I like about the carved out wood is

itll be just like the hawaiian canoe

at the museum

now imagine the tourists

watching me play with a remote control that is a bangka

hahaha

heck maybe even some of the guys wi offer me money for it

if they do ill jacked up the price

and give the guy his proper cut and order more

hopefully I can help him out too

one way of helping my kababayan

as for those plastic boats

anybody can buy those toys

but not a carved out bangka

hilyfe

The middle pic is a Thai long tail, not a bancca. 

hi Bob

I meant itll be hollowed out like that one

he said he will keep floating it on the water to make sure it floats evenly

thebob

There is a Dutch guy in Moalboal who is planning to build a bancca. He has made several scale models to show the builders exactly what he wants. It takes almost as long to make a model as it does to make a full sized one! His models are ply wood just like most banccas around here are .

• Like 1
hilyfe

Hi bob

Do you know if he is willing to sell one of his models?

I woukd be so proud to show off our home made bangka here in hawaii

Ill probably even put a philippines flag on top of it

Hahahah

thebob

Hi bob

Do you know if he is willing to sell one of his models?

I woukd be so proud to show off our home made bangka here in hawaii

Ill probably even put a philippines flag on top of it

Hahahah

I'll be there again at the end of the month so I'll find out for you then.

hilyfe

That woukd be great thanx Bob:)

Paul

There is a Dutch guy in Moalboal who is planning to build a bancca. He has made several scale models to show the builders exactly what he wants. It takes almost as long to make a model as it does to make a full sized one! His models are ply wood just like most banccas around here are .

I am no model guy, by any means. But, wouldn't it be better to build it as they do bangkas, from balsa wood (or something similar), and then paint (coat) it accordingly? I mean, they have been building these boats for ages, and they seem to last a long time, properly maintained.