• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SkyMan

• Dafey

• HeyMike

• fivestarph

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here is the current situation in Cebu. My wife arrived in Cebu on Qatar Airways this evening. We used Mactan Airport's website to assemble all the various paperwork needed for arrival, and s

FYI Update - I arrived in Manila last night from San Francisco. All went very smoothly. The NAIA process was much much simpler and smoother than a year ago: 30 minutes to the taxi. Only snag was the i

It's only May. These rules will change 6 more times before July.

Posted Images

topcat72m

Its a big step in the right direction. 

• Like 2
Ozepete
11 minutes ago, topcat72m said:

Its a big step in the right direction. 

Sure is but not a problem for us Ozzies, our ancestors evolved from being locked up!  :P  Reminds me of an old mate, the judge gave him 30 days for jobbin' a copper and asked if he had anything to say... Old mate replied "30 days judge, I could do that standin' on me head" The judge said that's good so I'll give you another 30 to get back on your feet again"  He never could STFU! :shocked:

Edited by Ozepete
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2
cvgtpc1
18 hours ago, Dafey said:

You have to search back a bit but this is less than a month old...the problem is that they change protocol often. It's hard to keep up with the latest.

I'm mostly worried about visiting then getting stuck since I still work.

• Like 1
Pman
20 hours ago, Dafey said:

Medical, student, work, hardship, etc.

My wife called the hotel. Turns out essential stay means they only accept quarantine reservations so she is fine. 

• Like 1

Based on latest Ministry of Confusion pronouncement, if you have a layover in MNL immediately prior to final destination in CEB, the Cebu quarantine rules apply? 

• Like 1
  • Administrator
Dafey
On 5/21/2021 at 8:57 PM, OnNo said:

Based on latest Ministry of Confusion pronouncement, if you have a layover in MNL immediately prior to final destination in CEB, the Cebu quarantine rules apply? 

Do you have a link to the article OnNo?

On 5/22/2021 at 3:38 AM, Dafey said:

Do you have a link to the article OnNo?

Sorry for the confusion I caused. I meant based on the distillation of the above posts and also the you tube video (above) what rules apply for the scenario I presented. 

topcat72m

https://news.abs-cbn.com/news/05/27/21/philippines-covid-19-vaccines-who-global-travel-vaccine-passport

These guys want to tell the world  WHO which vaccines should be accepted for incoming travel (pinoy) while at the same time not allowing incoming travel with any vaccine. The irony is lost on them I think. 

Go to link to see video.

Philippines wants all COVID vaccines on WHO list deemed sufficient for global travel

ABS-CBN News
Posted at May 27 2021 12:11 PM | Updated as of May 27 2021 12:27 PM

20210427-vaccine-passport.jpg
A syringe and a vial labeled "coronavirus disease (COVID-19) vaccine" are placed on a passport with printed words "COVID-19 vaccinated" in this illustration taken April 27, 2021. Dado Ruvic, Reuters

MANILA - The Philippines will seek an international agreement that would recognize all vaccines included in the World Health Organization's emergency use list as sufficient for international travel, Presidential Spokesman Harry Roque said Thursday.

Several nations are planning to introduce "vaccine passports" to make it easier for people who have been inoculated against COVID-19 to travel internationally. 

In the interview, Roque said countries should not discriminate based on brand because this might lead to "vaccine apartheid."

"I think if a vaccine makes it to the WHO emergency use list, then we should not discriminate against or in favor of any of these vaccines in that list," he told ANC's Headstart.

"That’s why I think the direction we’re headed for is to come up with an international agreement recognizing all those in the WHO EU list as vaccines which would be sufficient to allow international travel. Otherwise, there would be some kind of, for lack of a better term, ‘vaccine apartheid'," he said.

Roque said economic motivations cannot be detached from this preference for COVID-19 vaccines despite the WHO stating that all shots are safe and effective.

"If the WHO says they are all equally effective and safe, and yet you insist on specific brands, it must be because your country is manufacturing those brands and you’re marketing your brands," he said.

"That’s why it’s important to have an international agreement, otherwise we have apartheid all over again," he added.

Asked if the Philippines will speak out on this, Roque said: "I think so."

He added, China would "retaliate" if plans to discriminate based on vaccine brands would push through.

"China is not only the most populous country on earth. It is actually second largest economy, but soon to be the largest economy on earth. I think the Europeans and Americans would think twice about not allowing their citizens into China since everyone is targeting the China market," he said.

The European Union is reportedly planning to reopen its borders to foreign individuals who have been fully vaccinated with EU-approved coronavirus shots. So far the EU has approved vaccines made by Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca and Johnson & Johnson.

The bloc also announced last month plans to launch COVID travel passes, which would allow those vaccinated, recovered from COVID-19 or with negative test results to travel more easily in the region. Under this, apart from the EU-approved vaccines, countries could also issue certificates covering coronavirus shots, such as Russia's Sputnik or China's Sinovac vaccines that are only authorized on their territory.

fivestarph

Havejust seen this. Very interesting-

191608793_10159727257819589_4830860793723403244_n.jpg

Edited by fivestarph
Sibonga Simon
5 minutes ago, fivestarph said:

Has anyone heard any explanation for the flight diversions?  Will it impact outgoing flights?

• Haha 2
HeyMike
30 minutes ago, fivestarph said:

Am I allowed to say on the forum how fucked up this is?

Edit: Whoa there... what I really meant was... it's a good thing what the "powers that be" are doing... it's a really good thing. They always come up with really good decisions.

CKnKk6qWgAEGqVb.jpg.ec75640b39042edfb631de96133e59bb.jpg

Edited by HeyMike
  • Like 1
Kabisay-an gid
35 minutes ago, fivestarph said:

My asawa and I were thinking about visiting the Philippines this year, especially since we weren't able to make our annual trip in 2020 - but it looks like 2022 will have to do.

• Like 3
Kabisay-an gid
33 minutes ago, HeyMike said:

Am I allowed to say on the forum how fucked up this is?

As LinC Forums old-timers already know, NAIA has only one landing strip and has had significant flight delays for years. This newest edict will only create even longer delays. An annoying problem is going to soon become an almost intolerable one.