Flying In & Out of the Philippines During Pandemic

• Administrator
Salty Dog
5 hours ago, Soupeod said:

Metro Manila (CNN Philippines, January 14) — Foreign nationals allowed to enter the Philippines starting the second half of February must prove their full COVID-19 vaccination status, the country’s pandemic task force said Friday.

So much for anti-Covid vaxxers coming to the Philippines any time soon...

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SkyMan

• Dafey

• fivestarph

• Salty Dog

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

5 hours in the transit area in Taiwan.  They had food available at a bit high but not outrageous prices. It was freezing in there. Outside temp was 73, please open a window. Yikes.   Flight to LA

Here is the current situation in Cebu. My wife arrived in Cebu on Qatar Airways this evening. We used Mactan Airport's website to assemble all the various paperwork needed for arrival, and s

It's only May. These rules will change 6 more times before July.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Salty Dog said:

So much for anti-Covid vaxxers coming to the Philippines any time soon...

After a month.

nothingbutquestions

Am I understanding correctly that we, foreign nationals (tourist visas), cannot now gain entry to RP? Beginning Feb 16, we will be able to enter if carrying proof of full vaccination?

• Haha 1
crazygolfer
9 hours ago, Soupeod said:

“Beginning 16 February 2022, proof of full vaccination shall be made a requirement for entry of all foreign nationals allowed to enter the Philippines,” said a resolution of the Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF) dated Jan. 13.

52 minutes ago, nothingbutquestions said:

Am I understanding correctly that we, foreign nationals (tourist visas), cannot now gain entry to RP? Beginning Feb 16, we will be able to enter if carrying proof of full vaccination?

There's no visa at arrival anymore, you have to apply at an Philippine embassy in your home country. To get a 9A visa, tourist visa, will be a no no unless you have specific reasons.

Those allowed to enter the Philippines have to come from green/yellow countries have an approved visa stamped in their passport already, being fully vaccinated.  Atleast, this is my understanding.

The difference between green/yellow country is the quarantine time you have to spend. ?

Edited by crazygolfer
additional info
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, nothingbutquestions said:

Really, there's no point in even asking this.  When tourists are allowed back it will be headline news.  Trying to read something in between the lines that just isn't going to be there for a long time is not helpful.  Sorry.

• Like 1
mikewright
1 hour ago, crazygolfer said:

Those allowed to enter the Philippines have to come from green/yellow countries have an approved visa stamped in their passport already, being fully vaccinated.  Atleast, this is my understanding.

The ban on people from "Red List" countries such as Spain and now Canada seems to have been lifted:

The country has also done away with completely barring travel from any particular country. Previously, such bans were imposed on “Red List” countries, or countries with critically-high transmissions or local transmission of a variant of concern. But in the new rules, travelers from “Red List” countries can now enter the Philippines but must abide by stricter quarantine and testing rules.

The new protocol will apply mostly to Filipinos who are coming from other countries since the Philippines has still not opened its borders to foreigners with tourist visas. The only foreigners currently allowed to enter the country are diplomats, and those with special business or permanent resident visas.

Philippines’ new arrival quarantine rules: 48-hour test result, no more travel ban on any country

• Thanks 1
51 minutes ago, mikewright said:

The ban on people from "Red List" countries such as Spain and now Canada seems to have been lifted:

I thought red list was ok before but just longer quarantine, like the full 2 weeks or something.

Can't load the Mactan arrival procedure page right now.  Must be updating with the new rules.

Edited by SkyMan
  • Haha 1
mikewright
17 minutes ago, SkyMan said:

I thought red list was ok before but just longer quarantine, like the full 2 weeks or something.

I think travel from "Red List" countries was previously limited to Filipinos on repatriation flights.

1. The inbound international travel of all persons, regardless of vaccination status, coming from or who have been to “Red List” countries/jurisdictions/territories within the last fourteen (14) days prior to arrival to any port of the Philippines shall not be allowed.

Only Filipinos returning to the country via government-initiated repatriation,non-government-initiated repatriation, and Bayanihan Flights may be allowed entry subject to the prevailing entry, testing, and quarantine protocols for “Red List” countries/jurisdictions/territories.

IATF RESOLUTION NO. 151-A NOVEMBER 28 2021

• Like 1

A friend of mine arrived in Manila yesterday.  He used the little white CDC vaccine card.  And he had the negative test on his phone.  Way problema.

• Like 2
mikewright
33 minutes ago, SkyMan said:

A friend of mine arrived in Manila yesterday.  He used the little white CDC vaccine card.  And he had the negative test on his phone.  Way problema.

Same here, no problems on arrival in Cebu. Probably around 40 minutes from the time we left the aeroplane until the time we exited customs, including having the arrival swab.

Very good step-by-step guide of Cebu international arrival procedures here, but out of date regarding the timing for pre-flight swab test. Don't throw away your boarding pass, you have to show it at the Validation Counter.

https://www.thepoortraveler.net/2020/07/cebu-airport-international-arrival-process/

To speed the process up, a porter collected our bags while we had the swab test. Interestingly, we haven't received the results of this test. Then a short wait until taken through customs to our waiting taxi, then to our quarantine hotel.

We did the day five swab test on Thursday, 46 hours ago, at the hotel, still waiting for results so we can leave. I have seen reports of people still waiting for results after three days, but friends of ours had their results within 24 hours.

• Like 5
  • Administrator
Salty Dog

As someone with no desire to return to the Philippines during the pandemic, I'm ammazed at what those of you who do, are willing to go through. Maybe if my wife and children were there, but it seems that many of you currently have your wife with you or are single...

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Salty Dog said:

As someone with no desire to return to the Philippines during the pandemic, I'm ammazed at what those of you who do, are willing to go through. Maybe if my wife and children were there, but it seems that many of you currently have your wife with you or are single...

I don't think you have a desire to return to the Philippines period so of course you don't understand. I have property there that is mostly taken care of for the routine stuff but it does need periodic maintenance from me. Post Odette rebuilding needs to be directed. And I need some dental work I can't afford here.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, Salty Dog said:

I guess we are a desperate bunch being single and having a GF there........

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I have committed the heinous crime of not getting vaccinated so I will not be able to return to my home in Cebu. Justice has been served. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
crazygolfer
1 hour ago, HeyMike said:

I have committed the heinous crime of not getting vaccinated so I will not be able to return to my home in Cebu. Justice has been served. 

God is fair.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1