Flying in and out of the Philippines during the Pandemic

SkyMan
On 7/17/2021 at 6:07 PM, fivestarph said:

Interesting and strange. I checked the CX site and it appears one can book Hong Kong to Cebu but not vice versa?

Might be that HK isn't allowing inbounds from the Philippines? I just looked at LAX-CEB-LAX no problem. 

• Like 2
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SkyMan

• Dafey

• fivestarph

• HeyMike

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

5 hours in the transit area in Taiwan.  They had food available at a bit high but not outrageous prices. It was freezing in there. Outside temp was 73, please open a window. Yikes.   Flight to LA

Here is the current situation in Cebu. My wife arrived in Cebu on Qatar Airways this evening. We used Mactan Airport's website to assemble all the various paperwork needed for arrival, and s

It's only May. These rules will change 6 more times before July.

Posted Images

liquido
On 7/18/2021 at 6:16 AM, smokey said:

Screenshot_20210718-062449_Chrome.jpg

My wife has ticket to here august 23 as returning Filipino was 7 days now full 14 

The cost of the RT-PCR here in Thailand is around $115.00 with results in under 24 hrs...

Cost in the RP??

Edited by liquido
lamoe
7 hours ago, liquido said:

The cost of the RT-PCR here in Thailand is around $115.00 with results in under 24 hrs...

Cost in the RP??

Depends on several factors - where you are, where you to get it done, your age, and if you have PhilHealth

I've had 7 so really looked into it

Cebu City

Cebu Doc 5k - no discounts, 3.5K senior, 1.6K with PhilHealth, 600 senior and Philhealth

Red Cross - book online 2k

Some walk in clinics do only rapid - 1.6 K

Soto Fuentes - book online free but long wait

Bohol - Tagbilaran - Ramiro Hospital 1.2K I believe -  from 9 to 11 am get results that day

• Like 3
  • Administrator
Dafey

How much for an accurate one?

• Haha 1
cookie47

For those people that might be north of Consolacion (Cebu). Mendero Medical Hospital have covide testing.

My wife has had two prior to two cataract surgery's

P2100 (3 days).

Walk up, (not busy at 9.30am)

Just Off highway and Easy parking.

Get Text for results(which in our case went directly to the doctor (our directions).not sure if another option is available....

• Like 2
SkyMan
4 hours ago, Dafey said:

How much for an accurate one?

Trick question. 

• Like 1
fivestarph

I'm sure this will be of interest to someone.

Alien spouses, children, parents of Pinoys need not present entry exemption doc starting Aug. 1 – BI

July 26, 2021

The Bureau of Immigration (BI) announced that starting Aug. 1, its officers at the ports will no longer require the presentation of an entry exemption document (EED) from foreign spouses, children and parents of Filipino citizens who are traveling to the Philippines as tourists to visit their kin here.

BI Commissioner Jaime Morente said the new policy is in compliance with the latest resolution of the Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infection Diseases (IATF) which eased the entry travel requirements for foreigners related by marriage or filiation to Filipinos.

Previously, these aliens are allowed entry into the Philippines only if they have valid 9(a) tourist visas as well as an EED issued by the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) through its various embassies or consulates abroad.

Those who fail to secure and present either one of the two documents are excluded and turned back upon arrival at the ports of entry.

Under the new IATF resolution, foreign spouses, children and parents of Filipinos will only be required to present 9(a) tourist visas beginning on Saturday.

The IATF, however, instructed the DFA to include in the visa of said aliens the notation: “EED not required per IATF Resolution No. 128 (s.2021).”

“We welcome this latest ruling of the IATF as it will now be easier and convenient for foreigners whose Filipino spouses and children are currently in the Philippines to visit and reunite with their loved ones,” Morente said.

Alien spouses, children, parents of Pinoys need not present entry exemption doc starting Aug. 1 – BI

The BI chief stressed that the new travel guidelines apply only to foreigners who are not accompanied by their Filipino spouses or Filipino parents in going to the Philippines.

“Foreigners who are traveling with their Filipino spouses or parents are eligible for the Balikbayan program and they may be admitted visa-free for a one-year stay,” Morente said.

He explained that those who are not traveling with their Filipino principal must apply for a 9(a) tourist visa from a Philippine consulate abroad, which they would use for entry to the Philippines.

BI Port Operations Division Chief Atty. Carlos Capulong reminded that while the exemption on alien families of Filipinos has been loosened, the ban for those coming from 10 countries due to the Covid-19 Delta variant remains.

“Those coming from India, Pakistan, Nepal, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Oman, United Arab Emirates, Indonesia, Malaysia, and Thailand are still not allowed to enter the country,” said Capulong. “This includes those who have a travel history to said countries within the last 14 days from their date of arrival,” he added.

Said travel ban, said Capulong, remains in effect until July 31, unless extended or expanded by the IATF.

https://philippineslifestyle.com/alien-spouses-children-parents-of-pinoys-need-not-present-entry-exemption-doc-starting-aug-1-bi/

Edited by fivestarph
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
SkyMan
2 hours ago, fivestarph said:

“We welcome this latest ruling of the IATF as it will now be easier and convenient for foreigners whose Filipino spouses and children are currently in the Philippines to visit and reunite with their loved ones,” Morente said.

I wonder if you still need to prove your spouse is actually in the Philippines as I believe that was part of the EED process and not the 9A.

• Like 1
Daddle

As is normal…clear as mud. Something about the 9a visa needing an EED notation. So my earlier 9a is not valid? Only new visas need notation? Sigh. 

• Like 1
seanm

I just received the 9a visa and i am trying to fly in sometime in the next month or two. I currently have a ticket on EVA which stops in Taiwan which will most likely be cancelled. 

Are there any airlines flying in daily?

I am thinking of flying Philippines airlines direct to Cebu, just want to make sure they are landing in Cebu daily.

SkyMan
7 hours ago, seanm said:

I just received the 9a visa and i am trying to fly in sometime in the next month or two. I currently have a ticket on EVA which stops in Taiwan which will most likely be cancelled. 

Are there any airlines flying in daily?

I am thinking of flying Philippines airlines direct to Cebu, just want to make sure they are landing in Cebu daily.

I think Eva has been pretty good about staying as scheduled. I think the PAL direct flight is once a week. I don't think anyone flies daily. 

What hoops did you have to jump through to get the 9A? Did you have to prove your wife is in the Philippines now?

• Like 1
seanm
On 8/3/2021 at 1:48 PM, SkyMan said:

I think Eva has been pretty good about staying as scheduled. I think the PAL direct flight is once a week. I don't think anyone flies daily. 

What hoops did you have to jump through to get the 9A? Did you have to prove your wife is in the Philippines now?

EVA just cancelled the flight today. So it is looking like Philippines Airlines, i am hopeful they will not cancel. 

Yeah, the process to get the 9A took over 5 months and a lot of paperwork, but if you have a wife or child in the Philippines and all the paperwork they will give you it, it will just take time. 

• Like 2
fivestarph

This does not look good.

Only residents and foreign domestic helpers from “high-risk” countries who were fully vaccinated in Hong Kong or the mainland previously could return starting on Aug. 9

This was made clear in an advisory issued by the HK Labour Department today, Aug 6.

That means thousands of Filipino workers, mainly first-timers who have been waiting to enter Hong Kong since the flight ban on passenger flights on the Philippines was imposed on Apr 20, will still not be able to come in.

And although the press statement only mentioned FDHs, the updated restrictions that will take place starting Monday will also affect returning residents.

This is because of Hong Kong’s insistence on not accepting vaccination records obtained in places abroad that are not designated by the World Health Organization as “a stringent regulatory authority”.

Of those newly reclassified as “high -risk” or category A places, only the United Kingdom and Ireland enjoy this preferential status. All the other countries in this category – the Philippines, Indonesia, India, Pakistan, Nepal, South Africa and Brazil are not included.

http://www.sunwebhk.com/2021/08/residents-and-fdhs-from-phl-can-enter.html

• Like 3
SkyMan
6 hours ago, seanm said:

EVA just cancelled the flight today. So it is looking like Philippines Airlines, i am hopeful they will not cancel. 

You might also consider Cathay Pacific through Taipei. They at least refund pretty fast if the flight is canceled.