Flying in and out of the Philippines during the Pandemic

Pman

My wife is coming in July. We are so screwed. What the heck is a quarantine facility? 

it was government approved hotel from list what is it now???

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SkyMan

• Dafey

• HeyMike

• fivestarph

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's only May. These rules will change 6 more times before July.

5 hours in the transit area in Taiwan.  They had food available at a bit high but not outrageous prices. It was freezing in there. Outside temp was 73, please open a window. Yikes.   Flight to LA

Here is the current situation in Cebu. My wife arrived in Cebu on Qatar Airways this evening. We used Mactan Airport's website to assemble all the various paperwork needed for arrival, and s

Posted Images

• Administrator
Dafey
30 minutes ago, Pman said:

My wife is coming in July. We are so screwed.

It's only May. These rules will change 6 more times before July.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1
OnNo

They aren’t big on forward guidance here. Enough said.

• Like 1
  • Administrator
Dafey

Delta cuts 4 routes, including fifth-freedom service between Seoul and the Philippines

Delta cuts 4 routes, including fifth-freedom service between Seoul and the Philippines

Delta Air Lines continues to tweak its schedule in response to the pandemic.

Over the weekend, the Atlanta-based carrier cut four routes, two of which are poor performing domestic services — one transborder route to Canada and one fifth-freedom international jaunt between South Korea and the Philippines.

The routes getting axed from now through the end of the schedule in May 2022 including the following, as confirmed by a carrier spokesperson:

Atlanta (ATL) — Vancouver (YVR)

Detroit (DTW) — Quad Cities/Moline, Illinois (MLI)

New York/LaGuardia (LGA) — Chattanooga, Tennessee (CHA)

Seoul, South Korea (ICN) — Manila, Philippines (MNL)

https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/news/delta-cuts-4-routes-including-fifth-freedom-service-between-seoul-and-the-philippines/ar-BB1gzXU1?ocid=msedgdhp

• Sad 1
RogerDuMond

This is encouraging. My wife has a reservation to arrive June 5th. I did make a reservation for her to stay at a quarantine hotel for 10 days, but no charge if I cancel by June 3.

Provincial Government of Cebu has implemented a new policy of putting an end with the mandatory quarantine for the repatriated overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) and returning overseas Filipinos (ROFs) coming home to the island unless they are confirmed to be infected with COVID-19.

https://sugbo.ph/2021/mandatory-quarantine-ofws/

• Thanks 1
  • Administrator
Dafey
9 hours ago, RogerDuMond said:

My wife has a reservation to arrive June 5th

Happy for your wife Rog. However there was no mention of anyone other than OFW & ROF so I assume the foreigners still have to do 10 days.

Also, I'm not sure how to take this sentence out of the article. Sometimes when the news agency translates into English, (or even the government), it's meaning is confusing.

Unless the OFWs of ROFs are not Cebu residents, they will not need to adhere to EO 17, said spokesperson and pathologist of DOH7, Dr. Mary Jean Loreche.

Pman

From what I could figure out (guess) there are two level of hotels now. One type for anyone with no symptoms and one for people showing symptoms. So if you book the former, get there and are showing symptoms you are screwed. So I picked the enhanced or whatever so no mater what she will be able to stay. The enhanced also works for the normal quarantine. 

RogerDuMond
1 hour ago, Dafey said:

Also, I'm not sure how to take this sentence out of the article. Sometimes when the news agency translates into English, (or even the government), it's meaning is confusing.

While reading the article, I got the impression that it was saying that if you are not a resident of Cebu Island that you are still subject to federal regulations.

I am certainly not going to cancel the quarantine hotel reservations yet. lol

• Like 1
SkyMan

The MCIA arrival protocol page hasn't updated in months. They probably don't know what to do there either. 

• Haha 1
fivestarph

https://cebudailynews.inquirer.net/377718/no-international-flights-to-land-at-mcia-on-may-14-15

CEBU CITY, Philippines – The Mactan Cebu International Airport (MCIA) will temporarily stop accepting flights carrying returning overseas Filipinos (ROFs) and Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) for two days.

Cebu Governor Gwendolyn Garcia, in a virtual press conference on Thursday, May 13, 2021, announced that quarantine hotels, where ROFs and OFWs will be staying in Cebu pending their swab test results, are nearing full capacity.

As a result, Garcia said officials from the airport and national government agencies decided to momentarily close Terminal 2 of MCIA starting this Friday, May 14 until Saturday, May 15.

“Di sa ta mudawat ug incoming flights kay wa nay mabutangan… Gi-cancel na ang uban flights (and) that is why I have to call an emergency meeting (today, May 13),” said Garcia.

(We have to temporarily stop accepting incoming flights because ROFs have no places to stay. Some flights have already been cancelled and that is why I have to call an emergency meeting today, May 13.)

Also present during Capitol’s emergency meeting on Thursday were DOH-7 director Dr. Jaime Bernadas, and key officials from the Department of Interior and Local Government (DILG) – Usec. Epimaco Densing III and Central Visayas director Leocadio Trovela.

Garcia said Cebu has a total of 2,500 quarantine rooms from 35 hotels accredited as holding areas for ROFs and OFWs with pending RT-PCR (real-time polymerase chain reaction) test results.

But according to the governor, most of these have already been occupied due to an influx of ROFs and OFWs transiting Cebu on their way to their respective hometowns.

“Daghan muagi ug Cebu (para makauli) pero maapektohan sad ang taga Cebu. (Mao na nga) gipangcancel na ang uban flights,” explained Garcia.

(A lot are transiting Cebu to go home but the influx also impacted Cebu. This is why some flights have been cancelled already.)

“And I wish to repeat that please, do not think I am discriminating against non-Cebuanos. Gobernador ko sa Cebu (I am the governor of Cebu), and my authority is over Cebu province. I don’t want to overstep protocols in other local governments,” she added.

Incoming Filipino travelers from overseas will be swabbed for COVID-19 upon arrival but non-Cebu residents will have to complete a 10-day stay in designated hotels, even if they test negative of the infection.

They will also undergo another round of swab tests during the 7th day of their isolation.

For Cebu residents, they will only have to stay for a maximum of two days in isolation if they test negative of COVID-19  otherwise, they will be transported immediately to a facility for proper treatment.

OnNo
Posted (edited)

So only two days quarantine for Cebu expats with permanent residency, is the flavor of the day?

Very disorganized impossible to get consistent policy.

Edited by OnNo
  • Like 1
Davaoeno
1 hour ago, OnNo said:

So only two days quarantine for Cebu expats with permanent residency, is the flavor of the day?

Nope!   14 days

10 and 4

• Like 1
SkyMan
2 hours ago, Davaoeno said:

Nope!   14 days

10 and 4

Yeah, they increase the hotel quarantine time by 50% and suddenly they run out of hotel space.  Imagine that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
Pman
Posted (edited)

Manila has plenty of hotels for 20-30 dollars. And on up.

I think I’m paying 30 some per night for the enhanced hotel that has over 4 stars and good reviews on Expedia. 

Edited by Pman
Kabisay-an gid
On 5/13/2021 at 11:51 AM, Pman said:

Manila has plenty of hotels for 20-30 dollars. And on up.

The hotels have to be on the government-approved list.

• Like 1