Flying in and out of the Philippines during the Pandemic

fivestarph

Not sure if this will include transit passengers as flights HKG to Philippines still a go.

Hong Kong announced late Sunday, Apr 18, that it will stop flights from the Philippines, India and Pakistan for 14 days starting Monday midnight, in line with its “circuit breaker mechanism” under tightened travel restrictions.

At the same time, all three countries have been moved to the “extremely high risk” category, which means anyone who had stayed in these places for more than two hours in the past 21 days are prohibited from boarding a flight to Hong Kong. This is to prevent people from these countries from entering Hong Kong via transit from another place.

http://www.sunwebhk.com/2021/04/hk-suspends-flights-from-philippines.html

• Like 1
  • Replies 906
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SkyMan

• Dafey

• HeyMike

• fivestarph

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

5 hours in the transit area in Taiwan.  They had food available at a bit high but not outrageous prices. It was freezing in there. Outside temp was 73, please open a window. Yikes.   Flight to LA

My girlfriend returned to Cebu via Qatar a few days ago.  Qatar seems to be a reliable airline to book with. The return was uneventful. Free PCR test and 24 hours in a quarantine hotel (booked 2

You couldn't possibly come up with a more apt description.

Posted Images

HeyMike
30 minutes ago, smokey said:

Well my wife due here may 5th got dusted

Cathay Pacific?

Thanks to those posting updates, this sort of thing is why I'm holding off on booking, both for myself and my mother-in law who plans to move back to the Philippines after living in the U.S. for over 20 years.  Now we're looking at October, while also watching as outbreaks continue to disrupt connections through the usual hubs.   I can't blame them as the pandemic is still with us, and it's the obvious preventive measure to take.  Interestingly, connections through Doha are showing up now when checking suggested flight itineraries online, and round trip costs via that route are about the cheapest I've seen them.  That is the "long way" for us, taking around 30 hours total vs. 22-25 hours for our normal routes.  I've never taken the easterly route, but it has also never been a way to save cost either.

She would be OK quarantining in Manila for a while before heading out to the province, as long as it would be a home quarantine with one of her sons there.  She was vaccinated months ago, but we are thinking it is best to wait until the local outbreaks have subsided again, or even until more P.I. local family is vaccinated - - thus far only one son (in the province) has been vaccinated, he is a barangay official and was able to get one.      

Interesting times and we are not out of the woods, especially globally. 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Chris24 said:

Thanks to those posting updates, this sort of thing is why I'm holding off on booking, both for myself and my mother-in law who plans to move back to the Philippines after living in the U.S. for over 20 years.  Now we're looking at October, while also watching as outbreaks continue to disrupt connections through the usual hubs.   I can't blame them as the pandemic is still with us, and it's the obvious preventive measure to take.  Interestingly, connections through Doha are showing up now when checking suggested flight itineraries online, and round trip costs via that route are about the cheapest I've seen them.  That is the "long way" for us, taking around 30 hours total vs. 22-25 hours for our normal routes.  I've never taken the easterly route, but it has also never been a way to save cost either.

She would be OK quarantining in Manila for a while before heading out to the province, as long as it would be a home quarantine with one of her sons there.  She was vaccinated months ago, but we are thinking it is best to wait until the local outbreaks have subsided again, or even until more P.I. local family is vaccinated - - thus far only one son (in the province) has been vaccinated, he is a barangay official and was able to get one.      

Interesting times and we are not out of the woods, especially globally. 

My wife's flight back to the States was canceled for May, as was Smokey's wife coming to Cebu, booked with Cathay Pacific.

I re-booked with Qatar Airways for my wife to leave in May. The price was the same as Cathay Pacific.

• Like 1
stuckoutside
18 hours ago, HeyMike said:

I re-booked with Qatar Airways for my wife to leave in May. The price was the same as Cathay Pacific.

My girlfriend returned to Cebu via Qatar a few days ago.  Qatar seems to be a reliable airline to book with.

The return was uneventful. Free PCR test and 24 hours in a quarantine hotel (booked 2 nights, but the results came in 1 day) at the agoda/booking.com rate. I believe that it has to be a hotel on the quarantine list, but need not be a "quarantine booking".

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2