Jump to content

Military Spouses getting an indefinite ID card

Recommended Posts


This was just listed in the latest issue of 'Afterburner', the retired Air Force newsletter. All I can say is....It's about time !!!!
(Sorry if this has already been posted).


Q: At what age can my spouse get an indefinite ID card?

A: Good news! The Department of Defense has lowered the age for spouses and other eligible dependents to
receive indefinite ID cards from 75 to 65. When making this change, DOD officials took into consideration the continuing
growth in the retiree population, and considered the burden the current age requirement places on both dependents and
ID card office resources. As always, the DOD relies on the self-reporting of any change in a retirees' marital status after
the age of 65 to the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System. The indefinite ID card for eligible dependents
turning age 65 will be available this summer.



  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..


I Understand...