Just received my Philippine drivers license

papimafioso69

A really easy process . My Illinois license was expiring next month . Because of lockdowns they were behind and giving you a 6 month extension . They wouldn’t even let me in renew, even though I  told them I was leaving the country for a while . Had to pay 400 pesos for the eye test and hearing . Going on 64 the girl couldn’t believe I had 20/20 . I explained I have lens implants . They gave me a 5 year license . I ask to also get a Motorcycle license but they told me I need to take a course to apply for one . It was 853 for the license . My NBI is in its process and then off to get my 13A . It’s a little boring in the Province . Right now just being a Chicken farmer . No checkpoint today in Tacloban . 

• Like 7
Chris24

Now you know the merits of turning off your headlights for low-traffic night driving to conserve the battery.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
rfm010
13 hours ago, papimafioso69 said:

I explained I have lens implants .

Bit of a topic change but how's that working out? 

• Like 2
papimafioso69
7 hours ago, rfm010 said:

Bit of a topic change but how's that working out? 

It’s great for distance . I could read small print without cheaters for the first 4 year’s . Doctor said that’s not uncommon 

• Like 3
papimafioso69
16 hours ago, Pman said:

congrats on license!

:)

Thanks .. I was surprised that there was no writing test 

SkyMan
10 hours ago, papimafioso69 said:

Thanks .. I was surprised that there was no writing test 

Since you converted, the test isn't required.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 10 months later...
Pman

Renewed my license today.

it had expired while I was in the USA so it was only renewed for 5 years. Said I can renew for 10 years next time. 

people are very friendly in the offices here.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Paddy
On 3/11/2021 at 7:07 PM, SkyMan said:

Since you converted, the test isn't required

I had to renew mine in December (at LTO Masbate City). It required a medical AND an online test. They gave me 10 years - didn’t ask if I wanted only 5. Refresher medicals are required at the 4 and 7 year points (2025 and 2028).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
crazygolfer

Does anyone know the timelimit for an expired DL when it can't be renewed any more? Mine expired long ago.

4 hours ago, crazygolfer said:

Does anyone know the timelimit for an expired DL when it can't be renewed any more? Mine expired long ago.

I don’t want to say for sure, but what I recall is the LTO is quite generous about renewal of an expired license. That is, many years can pass and the license is still renewable. However, there may be additional requirements because of the extended period of failure to renew. In effect, it may result in the need to take the written exam as well as the usual medical exam. 

• Thanks 1
5 hours ago, crazygolfer said:

Mine expired in 2017 but they didn’t batt an eye and renewed mine in 2022 no problem or penalties (I just mentioned I was in USA).

Computer test, hearing/eyesight medical, and fresh fingerprint scan. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1