Missing and late Text Message

cookie47

Just a heads up and no idea if widespread or localised.. (And I'm referring to Smart...

Text messages,Viber, ( and Possibly others) ....messages either not arriving or arriving late (up to 6 hour's)... confirmed with neighbors and our water bottle vendor.

• Like 1
  • Administrator
Dafey

My wife has Smart and I have Globe. She constantly has issues with them from messages not going through or arriving several hours after they were sent to her account missing money. She now only puts in what she needs for load. I have very little issue with Globe and keep 1000 or more sometimes in my account as I fund the Globe at Home account as well as my phone, both weekly. 

As far as secure text, Signal is the way to go. It is encrypted and safe. @Soupeod turned me on to that and I've been very happy with them

cookie47

Thanks for the reply,I did seriously want to change to signal and heeded the advice from @Soupeod particularly as WhatsApp who I only have two essential contacts sent me a message to say if I didn't agree to their "new"privacy policy they would pull the plug 😱.... This was in February but I think now extended.

I agree sometimes my wife's account funds seem to disappear faster than expected. Question ,,@Dafey.How did you get your contacts to change and use signal, as ALL my young ones use Messenger so it was ME that had to "follow" so to speak.Or did you just say TOO BAD I'm on Signal..haaaa....Mind you They all have Facebook ,,I don't.....

Might look at Globe... Although this is the first time I've noticed texts have gone missing or have arrived Late.I don't expect texts to arrive instantly but 6 hour's +....As an aside...My last Australian company that I worked banned texts for calling in sick as service providers in Australia say in their fine print texts are a secondary part of their service and are not Guarrenteed... Interesting....

• Like 1
  • Administrator
Dafey
3 hours ago, cookie47 said:

@Dafey.How did you get your contacts to change and use signal

Best to ask @Soupeod, he's my tech guy. I just do what he tells me. Ask him if he cot my PIN for my BDO account while you're at it!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Soupeod
16 hours ago, Dafey said:

Best to ask @Soupeod, he's my tech guy. I just do what he tells me. Ask him if he cot my PIN for my BDO account while you're at it!

There is an invite function from Signal to SMS or Email.

Once your signal sees your contact has signal, they pop up in the signal contact list within the app.

Edited by Soupeod
  • Like 2
cookie47
4 hours ago, Soupeod said:

invite function

Correct

After a short while I noticed that it had scanned my contacts and found two that apparently have Signal.

Thanks...

• Like 1
Gus
On 3/3/2021 at 7:47 PM, cookie47 said:
 particularly as WhatsApp who I only have two essential contacts ....
Mind you They all have Facebook ,,I don't.....

You might think you don't have Facebook ..but be assured , facebook has you !

Whatsapp belongs to Facebook .

Sent from my Mi A2 Lite using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Administrator
Salty Dog
3 hours ago, Gus said:

You might think you don't have Facebook ..but be assured , facebook has you !

Whatsapp belongs to Facebook .

• Like 1