Rush Limbaugh Dead At Age 70

Chris24

Chris24

R.I.P.  I lost my interest in politics many years ago, but you were entertaining when I listened to you back in the 1990s.  You had a long run. 

Rush Limbaugh, conservative talk radio pioneer, dead at 70

Rush-e1572104673969.jpg

Rush Limbaugh, the monumentally influential media icon who transformed talk radio and politics in his decades behind the microphone, helping shape the modern-day Republican Party, died Wednesday morning at the age of 70 after a battle with lung cancer, his family announced.

Limbaugh's wife, Kathryn, made the announcement on his radio show. "Losing a loved one is terribly difficult, even more so when that loved one is larger than life," she said. "Rush will forever be the greatest of all time."

The radio icon learned he had Stage IV lung cancer in January 2020...

Complete article at: https://www.foxnews.com/media/rush-limbaugh-dead-talk-radio-conservative-icon

• Like 2
SkyMan

RIP Rush. Dittos....

• Like 2
RogerDuMond

RIP, he rekindled my interest in Conservative politics.

RogerDuMond

rush.jpg.1ba2eeeac6903f7dd1c657ee5c0317ac.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
Edwin

RIP, Rush.

The first time I heard his program I thought it was a parody. He explained things six ways to Sunday for his audience as if they were dummies. He was an expert. He would take five minutes of information and turn it into a three hour program. And people ate it up!

lamoe
On 2/18/2021 at 10:26 AM, Edwin said:

RIP, Rush.

The first time I heard his program I thought it was a parody. He explained things six ways to Sunday for his audience as if they were dummies. He was an expert. He would take five minutes of information and turn it into a three hour program. And people ate it up!

Yep, he was bombastic , egotistical, overblown - however his success shows that the he was popular with millions of listeners. 

"In December 2019, Talkers Magazine estimated that Limbaugh's show attracted a cumulative weekly audience of 15.5 million listeners to become the most-listened-to radio show in the United States."

https://cnnphilippines.com/world/2021/2/18/america-conservative-media-icon-rush-limbaugh-dead-at-70.html

"TheRush Limbaugh Show" helped popularize the political talk-radio format and usher in a generation of conservative infotainment.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rush_Limbaugh

Since its nationally syndicated premiere in 1988, The Rush Limbaugh Show became the highest-rated talk radio show in the United States. The show airs on almost 600 radio stations nationwide.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/17/business/media/rush-limbaugh-dead.html

• Like 2

he helped me cover hundreds if not thousands of miles commuting from OKC to HOUSTON regularly in the 80s..    Great  AM talk show!     I am sickened by the ugly remarks people cast upon a fellow american's grave just because they didn't like his opinions!   Pathetic!    

I don't know, but I am guessing he was a chain smoker ... guess its a job hazard. 

• Like 3
On 2/19/2021 at 12:57 AM, samatm said:

he helped me cover hundreds if not thousands of miles commuting from OKC to HOUSTON regularly in the 80s..    Great  AM talk show!     I am sickened by the ugly remarks people cast upon a fellow american's grave just because they didn't like his opinions!   Pathetic!    

I don't know, but I am guessing he was a chain smoker ... guess its a job hazard. 

Seems he smoked a lot of cigars... so maybe he wasn't a chain smoker.  Not sure if  Cigars played a role in his lung cancer but im sure it didn't help.   Lots  of non smokers get lung cancer too .  

• Like 1
10 hours ago, samatm said:

Seems he smoked a lot of cigars... so maybe he wasn't a chain smoker.  Not sure if  Cigars played a role in his lung cancer but im sure it didn't help.   Lots  of non smokers get lung cancer too .  

He was both. At one point he quit cigarettes but continued with the cigars.

I enjoyed listening to him and I'm not even a conservative. RIP.

• Like 1