Dental service

Kreole

Kreole

I am coming to Cebu for extensive dental restoration work that may entail implants.  I am a bit anxious about finding a dentist that is highly professional, skilled with a good track record and the latest equipment such as panaroma x-ray.  I am considering one dentist at Chong Hua medical/dental complex.  His name is Dr. Charles Pactol Sia, D.M.D., M.D. whose credentials seem impressive.  Before I even get an appointment he wants me to pay P2000 for a 30 minute virtual consultation, which I find a bit strange.  First face to face appointment and panaroma x-rays are P11,000.  From there he will give me an estimate as to the cost of services based on the work needed.  Even in the US, I have never been required to have a virtual consultation.  I realize the hype around the virus has caused some caution, but in this case it seems unnecessary.  Does anyone have experience with this dentist?  If so, please share with me your thoughts.  There is another dentist listed at Chong Hua, Dr. Christine S. Carvajal, M.D. who also does implants and oral surgery but there is no answer at her office phone.

I would appreciate any recommendations as to other's experience with dentists in Cebu who are professionally qualified for high quality oral surgery and implants, and highly recommended due to his/her professional care.  In the end the money is not as important as the quality of work.  I am not put off by the above fees from Dr. Sia if the work results in a very successful result.  Dental restoration is so expensive in the US that the fees are comparable to heart surgery.  Like all medical procedures in the US the costs are insanely high, but my current experience in the Philippines is not impressive.  Thanks ahead for your kind assistance in this important matter.

Davaoeno

Most dentists here don't have their own xray equipment- they send you to an xray lab.    which makes a lot of sense if you think about it.

Last year I was told to go to the lab and get an tooth xrayed.  When I got there they quoted me 500 pesos.  I asked how much for a panorama xray and they wanted 800 pesos.

11000 for a panoramic xray and a consultation seems somewhat excessive !!

• Like 3
Soupeod
4 minutes ago, arentol said:

Sounds way overpriced to me.

You can get the panoramic x-ray and consultation much cheaper at Green Apple Dental Cebu in Ayala Terraces.

https://greenappledentalcebu.ph/

Aren

I heard that was the place to go!

• Like 3
arentol
1 hour ago, Soupeod said:

I heard that was the place to go!

Yep, they're very professional, have all the modern equipment, and are affordable to boot. I've had work done there about 6 times over the years.

Aren

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Kreole

Many thanks for the references as alternative to the dental service at Chong Hua.  I hope that someone has had experience at Chong Hua dental services so I can assess the quality of service.  Or maybe you know someone.  It would be very helpful to make comparisons.  Price is not the most important consideration, but quality of service is.  Salamat

Edited by Kreole
aabel

When I lived in Cebu, I got severe acid attack's to my teeth's. Implants had to be done and I went from Lapu to what was said to be the very best clinic somewhere in Bankal. As I dont have the papers here, I cannot give the names. They had a professor visiting one week every month from Manila. He demanded 360 X-rays to be done by a clinic close to Chong Hua, cost: 800. And so I did. And back to the professor he told me that as my implants would come close to my eye, he had to do some surgery for filling up the bone of my scull there. Ok, if needed - it had to be done. I wanted my teeth's back in function. But before I had to go abroad for 2 months.

Back after 2 months to the same dental clinic, they could not accept my former X-rays. Ok, I back to close to Chong Hua and new 800 pesos. Returning to the Bankal clinic, the professor put up a quotation. Several hundred thousand pesos and no trustful schedule. By then I was feed up by this bulling me up, payed and left.

Making a long story short; I got 4 implants for my upper teeth's WITHOUT making surgery close up to my eyes. And my dentist here in Norway showed me on disply: "There is a good distance as you can see".

The cost in Norway? To the dentist: some 650,000.- pesos. For me to pay: some 300,000.- pesos.

I can tell more, but we can take it later if someone is interested. My advice is that you can find dentists for normal services, but not for advanced.

jaybee747
On 2/17/2021 at 9:36 AM, Kreole said:

Many thanks for the references as alternative to the dental service at Chong Hua.  I hope that someone has had experience at Chong Hua dental services so I can assess the quality of service.  Or maybe you know someone.  It would be very helpful to make comparisons.  Price is not the most important consideration, but quality of service is.  Salamat

While Green Apple in Ayala is very good, it looks like most of their dentists specialized in braces, since what you are looking do is oral surgery and implants, your first question to the clinic should be which doctor is going to do the implant? And the second question to the doctor, how many implants have you done so far?

I don't know Dr. Charles Pactol Sia but it looks like he have clinic that is specialized with implants, so on paper he look solid.

His clinic site - https://www.csomfs.com/

He have few reviews in this site, but of course you cannot take it at face value.

https://www.dentaldepartures.com/dentist/cps-dental-surgery-implant-centre-queens

Kreole

That is good advice jaybee.  I will inquire at Green Apple as to the experience their dentist has in oral surgery and implants.  I don't mind paying more for more professional service, especially regarding surgery of any type.