Split Type Aircon

topcat72m

topcat72m

I need an Aircon for the bedroom of a new build home in Minglanilla. 

I wanna start by saying I'm from Ireland and therefore have nearly no experience with aircon units aside from those installed in hotels. 

I have been pricing around and have found this Matrix brand. 

Does anyone here have any experience with them. Is there anything I should be careful of. As you can see a 1hp inverter unit can be had for P25,000. Including installation. 

Or if anyone knows of a better deal that would be great. 

Thanks in advance. 

Screenshot_20210211-125552_Facebook.thumb.jpg.04b122a45dff3c03f01bf0d9d78f65d1.jpg

• Like 1
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• topcat72m

• Davaoeno

• RogerDuMond

• Goetz1965

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ask if the installer evacuates the pipe run and indoor section when coupled and before omening the valves to the outdoor unit that holds the gas charge. If not go elsewhere, air left anywhere in a ref

This one by any chance? If this is good then the price is good. I will get the wife to call into the Pardo store and ask how much for installation. 

No experience with the brand but seems a good deal with install.  But is this just to place the condenser on the ground, does it need to be hung?  Ours is one story but still hung up high under the ea

Posted Images

RogerDuMond
3 hours ago, topcat72m said:

I need an Aircon for the bedroom of a new build home in Minglanilla. 

I wanna start by saying I'm from Ireland and therefore have nearly no experience with aircon units aside from those installed in hotels. 

I have been pricing around and have found this Matrix brand. 

Does anyone here have any experience with them. Is there anything I should be careful of. As you can see a 1hp inverter unit can be had for P25,000. Including installation. 

Or if anyone knows of a better deal that would be great. 

Thanks in advance. 

Screenshot_20210211-125552_Facebook.thumb.jpg.04b122a45dff3c03f01bf0d9d78f65d1.jpg

Go to an appliance store that carries major brands. Our last one, a couple years ago was a 1.5 hp. Carrier about 3 years ago and cost 18,000 installed, purchased from DES Marketing. ASK for the cash price, it is always considerably cheaper than the original quoted price. I would try DES or Emcor.

• Like 2
cvgtpc1

No experience with the brand but seems a good deal with install.  But is this just to place the condenser on the ground, does it need to be hung?  Ours is one story but still hung up high under the eaves of the house.  I'd check there's no extra cost for that.

• Like 2
Ozepete

Ask if the installer evacuates the pipe run and indoor section when coupled and before omening the valves to the outdoor unit that holds the gas charge. If not go elsewhere, air left anywhere in a refrigeration system greatly increases consumption and reduces system life, must be evacuated.  Also the claimed > 80% energy saving claim is absolute BS. Impossible. 

These are china made and sold under many names. The china made systems are as good or better than most unless you want to pay double for a brand name (With a chinese guts!!) and no better. 

• Like 4
topcat72m
7 minutes ago, Ozepete said:

These are china made and sold under many names. The china made systems are as good or better than most unless you want to pay double for a brand name (With a chinese guts!!) and no better. 

Thanks. I was hoping this would be the case. 

Goetz1965

Matrix is a very basic one, I would suggest spend 5k more and go for a Samsung/Koppel/Panasonic, they will be less noisy.
Installation is always around 6-7k, go to different shops and ask how much they charge, thats the best way to save a bit.

Be there when they install, and check that the don't put both copper pipes (hot and cold) into 1 isolator!

Davaoeno

I suggest you do your homework first .  I bought a Samsung inverter split  before I read the reviews .   Out of 16 reviews 16 people were unhappy with it.  I hadnt had it installed yet so I returned to the store and paid 5K more for an LG.   So far [ 2 yrs]  the LG has been fine 

• Like 2
  • Administrator
Dafey
9 hours ago, topcat72m said:

Hey TopCat,

How big is your bedroom? If it isn't huge you may want to opt for a window unit, (although it is just as easily installed in a cut out of the block wall). The reason I say this is the initial expense may be half or even less than the split Aircon. If it breaks it's easily replaceable and doing maintenance every six months for cleaning is not too hard either. One of the benefits of the split is it's ability to cool a large area.

I find everything in the tropics deteriorates 2-3 times as fast as in the sub tropics, say Florida. So, I'm happy to get 3-5 years out of a window unit and they work fine for a one room deal. We have a horse and a half window aircon in the living area for when we have company but only use that 1-2 times a month. Our bedroom unit is used every night and every day for nap and have gotten 5 years no problem out of a Kolin half horse for 10K PHP

Also, I had an inverter that was boasted as cutting my electric. Replaced it with a regular non-inverter and my electric was cut nearly in half. I was later told that the inverter comes into play if you are using it 24/7 but we don't. Also, that might have been that one unit.

• Like 2
MickyG

Our inverter window style is way cheaper than the same size non inverter and we do not run it daily, more so at this time of year. My mother in law like them so w have to like them as well and at least this time it is justified!

the carrier split ihp  inverter was with installation costs easily 23,000 pesos m0re expensive than same size window unit. both economical and after 5 years  no issues. i object to the silly high cost of cleaning a split....those guys are thieves. I watched a video on how to clean a split carrier here in the phils I did it and it was  very easy to do. saved me 3000 pesos and it runs well, more so when using the spray after all the cleaning was done

on the inverter units look for the cost per hour that will be on a  brown sticker it will help. the efficiency measure on a non inverted is usually on a yellow sleeve and the higher the figure the more efficient the carrier window that comes in .75 and smaller, take the edge off the high temperatures for very small rooms with a fan 

• Like 1
topcat72m

Thanks guys. 

Bedroom is 15m2 

It would be much more convenient to use a window type but it's front of house. 

Thanks @ozpete I will ensure to ask about the evacuation. 

Hoping to get this done in early March. I can get a 1hp Daikin for P24k with P7k for installation.  

"KOPPEL 1.0HP FROM 32,495 NOW 24,995 KOPPEL 1.5HP FROM 37,285 NOW 28,595 LG 1.5HP FROM 39,890 NOW 33,895 DAIKIN 1.0HP FROM 33,500 NOW 23,695 DAIKIN 1.5HP FROM 37,500 NOW 27,795"

"installation cost will be 7,000 first 10ft of copper tubing, 350/ft excess of copper tubing. inclusions: *safety bracket for outdoor *10ft copper tubing *all wiring except circuit breaker"

• Like 1
Davaoeno
51 minutes ago, topcat72m said:
52 minutes ago, topcat72m said:

would be much more convenient to use a window type but it's front of house. 

I don't understand this-  why not in front of house?

• Administrator
Dafey
1 hour ago, topcat72m said:

Bedroom is 15m2 

So the room you want to cool is about 13 feet by 13 feet? Anything over a half horse power, (maybe 3/4 horse), is overkill. If you go too large you will lose efficiency. 

topcat72m
9 minutes ago, Davaoeno said:

I don't understand this-  why not in front of house?

Because of how it looks. I will have all compressor units at the rear. Also for noise. 

In the 2nd bedroom and kitchen a window type is fine as I won't be in there trying to sleep and it's to the rear. 

7 minutes ago, Dafey said:

So the room you want to cool is about 13 feet by 13 feet? Anything over a half horse power, (maybe 3/4 horse), is overkill. If you go too large you will lose efficiency. 

Its not completely square. But total floor area is 14.5m2 or 156ft2 depending on which side of the Atlantic.

topcat72m

I have no experience. But I put the details into online calculator from a couple of manufacturers and it comes to 1hp. 

Screenshot_20210216-222413_Samsung Internet.jpg

RogerDuMond
15 minutes ago, topcat72m said:

I will have all compressor units at the rear. Also for noise. 

The farther your inside unit is away from the compressor, the more you pay for installation. I don't know for sure, but I would assume that the longer the supply and return lines are, the harder your compressor has to work to maintain the same temperature.

• Like 1