BossHog
6 hours ago, fred42 said:

If I were looking at the satellite map from abroad, I would easily imagine torrential rains flooding and winds etc.
I`m actually in  the midst of it all and I doubt I could fly a kite right now.. No rain either just jet.

Tropical Storm "Auring"
Tropical Cyclone: WARNING Issued at 05:00 am, 20 February 2021

"Tomorrow morning through Monday (22 February) morning: Moderate to heavy with at times intense rains over Leyte, Southern Leyte, Cebu, Bohol, Surigao del Norte, and Dinagat Islands." http://bagong.pagasa.dost.gov.ph/tropical-cyclone/severe-weather-bulletin/2

The heavy rain for Bohol. which you have as your location, is forecast for Sunday to Monday morning.

• Like 5
  • Administrator
Dafey

Looks like it's going to speed up it's travel...which is good.

• Like 1
BossHog

First storm damage here this afternoon albeit very minor. A branch came off a gmelina tree in a wind gust which is no big deal but it took out two lanzone trees I'd been growing for several years.

Power's been off since early morning and all flights to/from the island canceled today and tomorrow.

Kind of a non-event so far but waiting to see if there's any major flooding around midnight during high tide which would affect the fishermen and their families who live along the river.

bagyo.jpg.69d393884bcd5790f16a9007f5a47df9.jpg

Edited by BossHog
  • Like 3
SkyMan

image.thumb.png.1b1efba8ff071b414cd2ba36f264ce40.png

• Like 3
fred42

Still no sign of rain today or even any wind to speak of.. Tomorrow is the big day so lets see what this thing has got!! 
Bring it on!!

SkyMan

Typhoon2000.com doesn't agree with the video. 

image.thumb.png.5eb3983179a34dc11771b43d0a6749e5.png

• Like 2
  • Administrator
Dafey

Looks like the storm did a little wobble there. That's good news that it is weakening. Still a lot of rain coming though.

• Like 2
BossHog

Forced evacuations of my neighbors started at 6 AM this (Sunday) morning. The gov't will put them up in the municipal gym for a day or two until this thing blows over. Nobody's complaining as the water level is already up to the bamboo floorboards of their nipa stilt houses. Plus they'll all get some free meals out of it. Very hard to predict the water levels of a tidal river just downstream from some mountains, the hourly changes can be drastic. Playing it safe is a good thing.

Our lawyer was coming over from the mainland today for a land hearing on Monday morning. Signal #2 got raised at 5 AM though so definitely no boats going anywhere anytime soon.

Here's the 8 AM TCWS update:

1126357303_signals_auring(1).thumb.png.d79602e390acef02abdedb1b29937c39.png

Edited by BossHog
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
fred42

Sunday.
No wind. No rain.
The kite still wont fly and I had to water the tomato plants!

onemoretry

Meanwhile in Tandag City

• Thanks 3
  • Sad 2
  • Administrator
Dafey

And people wonder why they have snorkels on trucks...

• Like 1
BossHog

Two inches (five cm) of rain an hour all  afternoon according to my rain gauge. Precipitation aside, the real impressive part has been the intense thunder and lightening show we've had for the past hour as it nears sunset. Just wow. Wind is just enough to sway the coconut palms but nothing more. But that lightening!

• Like 2