Mom warns of hydrogen-inflated party balloons

liquido

"My son took it with him to the bedroom because he wanted to pee and suddenly we heard a LOUD explosion and the force rocked our house."     What??????

"She informed the party balloons supplier and said it apologized and admitted to using hydrogen. Co said hydrogen is a cheaper alternative to inflating party balloons."  I love it...

https://www.sunstar.com.ph/article/1885349/Davao/Local-News/Mom-warns-of-hydrogen-inflated-party-balloons

• Like 3
HeyMike

Did the Hindenburg disaster not teach us anything? Sheesh.

• Thanks 1
samatm

Wonder what would happen if you inhaled Hydrogen to make a squeaky voice? 

Daddle
46 minutes ago, samatm said:

Wonder what would happen if you inhaled Hydrogen to make a squeaky voice? 

Yes. Same effect. Maybe even better. Same health effect as helium...you will simply pass out if inhaling too many balloons too fast. Maybe not smoke at the same time?

• Haha 1
liquido

I still cannot figure out this statement?...Just bad reporting as normal?   " My son took it with him to the bedroom because he wanted to pee"

• Like 1
lamoe
6 hours ago, liquido said:

I still cannot figure out this statement?...Just bad reporting as normal?   " My son took it with him to the bedroom because he wanted to pee"

Balloon touches filament type bulb, it pops, kid startled breaks glass  = boom.

Unlikely but possible - more likely used a  match cause he saw it on Youtube.:biggrin_01:

Edited by lamoe
SkyMan
On 2/10/2021 at 10:19 AM, liquido said:

It is thought provoking.  Probably the reporting was ok but why did she decide to mention this?  Does he normally pee in the bedroom and does the presence of a balloon help?

• Haha 1