Vaccinations in the Philippines

cookie47
8 hours ago, wondersailor said:

I would be very surprised if US carriers did not demand it within the next 6 months, not as a government mandate but rather a carrier mandate.

QANTAS CEO Alan Joyce said MONTH'S ago that proof of vaccination will be required to board...

Now I don't know if that has changed ? ( As they do)....

• Like 2
  • Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dafey

• rfm010

• BossHog

• fivestarph

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Got my first sinovac shot yesterday, city sponored done at a local school as a walk in.  Another school down the road was by appointment only.  3 hours of form filling and waiting.  Lines to pick up f

Department of Health Implementing Guideline Point II-G - It is further clarified that all Filipinos including overseas Filipino Workers, and other groups with legal residency status in the Philip

Had my 1st Sinovac shot this morning at UC Banilad , took 3 hours from entry to exit.  Second shot in 1 month's time.

Posted Images

SkyMan

I've never understood anyone arguing against someone not wanting to take the vaccine.  My own relatives in California practically attacked me for saying, I'll wait.  A dear older cousin told me my wife and I couldn't visit without vaccination.  That's fine, her choice and I respect that.  There are currently not enough jabs available for all that want it so any that don't want it or want to wait, free up some for those that do want it.  It's as if people who are getting it or have had it don't want any negative thoughts about it and everyone should be excited for them (or maybe jealous) rather than cast any doubt.  If I had it and no one had any doubts or misgivings, and problems started arising, I'd be pissed off no one had said anything.  A friend of mine just got the first Pfizzer jab and I understand his health reasons for it.  Great.  I joked it was a good thing he already had kids.  I don't think there is anyone who isn't interested in the vaccine at this time hopes it will fail though.

• Like 4
  • Administrator
Dafey

Gentlemen, the title of the thread is Vaccinations in the Philippines,

Let's try to stay on topic and keep it civil. The next one who throws a barb or starts a pissing match will be banned from the topic.

There are plenty of places in the forum to pick a fight over whether you will or won't get the vaccine and as my friend @Kahuna likes to say you shouldn't be shamed into it either way! It's your choice and we should all have our big boy pants on to make that choice.

Now, if you would like to add some "documented" info on any vaccine that is being distributed in the Philippines please feel free to educate us.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Sibonga Simon

Does anyone know if vaccine registration is being done in Cebu?  I have heard that it is in other provinces, but I have seen nothing from my LGU or Barangay.

• Like 1
SkyMan
11 minutes ago, Sibonga Simon said:

Does anyone know if vaccine registration is being done in Cebu?  I have heard that it is in other provinces, but I have seen nothing from my LGU or Barangay.

It appears to depend on the LGU.  Some are actively signing up everyone while others are saying no to foreigners or whatever.  I would suggest you check with your LGU health office.

• Like 1
Sibonga Simon
20 minutes ago, SkyMan said:

It appears to depend on the LGU.  Some are actively signing up everyone while others are saying no to foreigners or whatever.  I would suggest you check with your LGU health office.

Let me put it out there then - Carcar City is not registering anybody.

Skyman - what about your LGU?

SkyMan
12 minutes ago, Sibonga Simon said:

Let me put it out there then - Carcar City is not registering anybody.

Skyman - what about your LGU?

I don't see anything about vaccines on their normally active fb page.  I'm going back to the US in a week.  I think the country's supply has run out so it may be a while before the LGUs get more active.

Edited by SkyMan
Captainmike
On 4/1/2021 at 9:01 AM, fivestarph said:

Have any LIC members tried their luck registering for the COVID Vaccination being a Senior?

I'm a Senior (at least here in the PI) with a 13A Permanent Resident Visa. Our local Barangay Captain stopped by and told me I was on the list (he's a friend).  My understanding was you can't pay for the vaccine as its provided by the govt.  They don't have any firm date for when the vaccine will arrive but I'm on the list as an A2 (Senior).  I live in Davao del Sur in the town of Padada.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Headshot

With new COVID-19 mutations appearing (the California variants B.1427 and B.1429) that are more contagious (by 20%), more likely to require ICU care (4x), more deadly (almost 6x), less susceptible to prevention by antibodies (4x) and less susceptible to prevention from any of the existing vaccines (2x), I'm not sure what to think about COVID-19 vaccines any more. I was hoping that the Pfizer vaccine would at some point be available in the Philippines, but now... I'm just not sure.

sierra01
11 hours ago, MarinePride said:

Don't forget to get the second shot as well, you wouldn't want to get an "incomplete" on your  willingness to obey. Remember the gov't would never lie or mislead you.

Thank you for reminding me.

lamoe

Camputhaw, frontliners first, then seniors, canvasing now to see how many seniors want shot. Foreigners OK,  No stock for general use yet. Fill out form - get a call when available. Can decline shot if it's from China.

Edited by lamoe
  • Like 1
fivestarph
1 hour ago, lamoe said:

Camputhaw, frontliners first, then seniors, canvasing now to see how many seniors want shot. Foreigners OK,  No stock for general use yet. Fill out form - get a call when available. Can decline shot if it's from China.

Seems not all Barangays in Cebu City accept Foreigners, mine declined my Form.

Edited by fivestarph
  • Like 1
to_dave007

My Swiss friend (64) accepted to waiting list in Balamban.

• Like 1
Swissrider
Seems not all Barangays in Cebu City accept Foreigners, mine declined my Form.
If these barangays would reject foreigners for financial or capacity reasons, I could maybe understand it. Otherwise not.

Gesendet von meinem SM-N950F mit Tapatalk

• Like 1