Vaccinations in the Philippines

fivestarph
1 hour ago, BossHog said:

It appears Johnson and Johnson has filed today for emergency use in the Philippines. This may be the winner. No major refrigeration issues and it's one shot not two.

More importantly, it would go a long way in increasing vaccine acceptance as it's a recognizable American brand name in d'Phils.

Yup, but unlikely they will be donating Vaccines, so let's see if/what is ordered.

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dafey

• rfm010

• fivestarph

• BossHog

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Got my first sinovac shot yesterday, city sponored done at a local school as a walk in.  Another school down the road was by appointment only.  3 hours of form filling and waiting.  Lines to pick up f

I'm quite happy with the Sinovax. Fried rice is tasting good and my Mandarin is improving Daily.😂🙃

Update for Consolacion. I had previously registered with my Barangay health center and was told they would call when they had a schedule for Lamac, my Barangay. No issue about being a foreigner. that

Posted Images

SkyMan
11 hours ago, SkyMan said:

I haven't seen it mentioned but I was wondering if due to the limited supply they are holding back half of the shots for the second jab or are they just hoping more supplies will arrive in time?

3 hours ago, fivestarph said:

The country has run out of AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines,

:shocked:

10 hours ago, govoner said:

The Philippine government is cracking down on the system that sees its nurses come here for a competency course - with no guarantee of a job at the end of it. 

Hmmmmmmmm, I winder if it's such a problem, if they could somehow send a few testers here and then they could have guaranteed jobs waiting?  It seems rather risky as a poor nurse to have to expend the cash required for visas, airline tickets, etc. to go to NZ to take a test and find out you failed.

• Like 2
papimafioso69
2 hours ago, BossHog said:

It appears Johnson and Johnson has filed today for emergency use in the Philippines. This may be the winner. No major refrigeration issues and it's one shot not two.

More importantly, it would go a long way in increasing vaccine acceptance as it's a recognizable American brand name in d'Phils.

That’s good news . That’s my vaccine of choice  . When our Health service came around about a month ago , they wrote down JnJ for us because I have some Allergies . Honestly the USA is a big problem for us because of the massive amount of vaccines they’ve been buying . If I had stayed put in October. I’d be vaccinated already . Everyone I know that wanted one has had there’s . Like everyone else , we stay home .    Been a little on edge lately . 

• Like 3
wondersailor

Approximately a week and a half ago a representative from my barangay was going door to door registering for the vaccine to be given second week of this month. Age, medical history was taken. I was informed that those over 58 would receive the AZ vaccine and those below, the Chinese vaccine. The cost will be free and no mention of Philhealth. I live outside Davao. We will see if this happens.

• Like 3
GBT62

Interestingly, yesterday I saw a post on FB from Cebu City Public Information Office with a link to register for vaccinations. I used the following link

https://mics.cebucity.gov.ph/vims/ -

to register yesterday - not really expecting a fast or positive reply, but thought it better to try while the system was still up and running. If I need to return to AU in a hurry for a sick, close relative I'd like to be prepared just in case. Seems like due to the low uptake by seniors they just reported  - maybe they are planning to expand to other categories.

https://www.facebook.com/CityofCebuOfficial/posts/4129202023823675

fivestarph

My wife received a Registration form from Banilad barangay and asked for an extra. I filled it in and returned it. I was informed that as I was not a Filipino I was not eligible which is what I expected but as they say no harm no gain.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
wondersailor
29 minutes ago, fivestarph said:

My wife received a Registration form from Banilad barangay and asked for an extra. I filled it in and returned it. I was informed that as I was not a Filipino I was not eligible which is what I expected but as they say no harm no gain.

Which means, of course, since you are a foreigner you can not catch, transmit or contribute to the pandemic. Or could it mean that since Pinoys are routinely refused the vaccine in Western countries they refused you?

• Haha 1
BossHog
1 hour ago, fivestarph said:

I was informed that as I was not a Filipino I was not eligible which is what I expected but as they say no harm no gain.

As we all know, different local governmental units put their own spin on things. This certainly isn't a national policy. Lots of senior foreigners I know have registered with their barangays to be vaccinated. In fact, it's being actively encouraged.

Edited by BossHog
  • Thanks 3
sierra01
On 12/15/2020 at 5:11 AM, MarinePride said:

Why get a vaccine for something that is 99% survivable? It just doesn’t make any sense. Also, other people’s health is not my problem. Lock yourself inside if you’re one of the scared ones I say!

No plans on taking any vaccine.

That has to be up there vying for most stupid comment of the year.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1
MarinePride
5 hours ago, sierra01 said:

That has to be up there vying for most stupid comment of the year.

I really don't care what you think, obviously you don't have the intellectual framework to entertain points of view that conflict with your belief system.  You cannot refute what I say, you can only offer ad hominem attacks.

Edited by MarinePride
grammar
  • Thanks 2
to_dave007
16 minutes ago, MarinePride said:

I really don't care what you think, obviously you don't have the intellectual framework to entertain points of view that conflict with your belief system.  You cannot refute what I say, you can only offer ad hominem attacks.

I don't agree with his comment any more than you do..  Like you.. I feel that if one is deathly afraid of COVID.. then I agree.. lock yourself inside..  But I also don't agree with your comment..  As 99% survivable conjures images of a 1% death rate..  which in your country would be more than 3 million deaths..  which I doubt many.. including you.. would find acceptable.

We all know that COVID has brought out the most diametrically opposed positions.. and.. for better or worse..  each mans opinion carries equal weight in the democratic world most at this forum come from.  I can't fight scientologists..  or feminists.. or democrats or republicans or other extremists..  and now.. that includes the two extremes in the COVID world.

I'm not ecstatic about taking a vaccine.  But if it will be a prerequisite for getting on a plane.. as appears likely.. then sign me up. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Administrator
Salty Dog

@MarinePride @sierra01

Lets tone it down a bit. You've had your say so lets leave it at that… 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
jaybee747
3 hours ago, to_dave007 said:

I'm not ecstatic about taking a vaccine.  But if it will be a prerequisite for getting on a plane.. as appears likely.. then sign me up. 

There is no vaccine prerequisite for getting on a plane, even in Israel where the majority of the population is vaccinated, the national airline is not requiring it, they are doing 15 minutes PCR tests before boarding.

The vaccine is not FDA approved, it is only approved for emergency use, if you think that this is an emergency, take the vaccine, otherwise I will not take it.

Vaccination cards in Israel are only valid for 6 months, they are already buying more vaccines to be used in a 2nd round vaccination already this year just as insurance because nobody knows for how long the protection last, antibodies are drastically reduced 2 months after vaccination.

• Like 1
wondersailor
5 minutes ago, jaybee747 said:

There is no vaccine prerequisite for getting on a plane, even in Israel where the majority of the population is vaccinated, the national airline is not requiring it, they are doing 15 minutes PCR tests before boarding.

The vaccine is not FDA approved, it is only approved for emergency use, if you think that this is an emergency, take the vaccine, otherwise I will not take it.

Vaccination cards in Israel are only valid for 6 months, they are already buying more vaccines to be used in a 2nd round vaccination already this year just as insurance because nobody knows for how long the protection last, antibodies are drastically reduced 2 months after vaccination.

I would be very surprised if US carriers did not demand it within the next 6 months, not as a government mandate but rather a carrier mandate.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1