Vaccinations in the Philippines

samatm

Where does one even go to get registered to take the Vaccination here in Cebu.    Please post links.

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dafey

• rfm010

• cookie47

• fivestarph

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Got my first sinovac shot yesterday, city sponored done at a local school as a walk in.  Another school down the road was by appointment only.  3 hours of form filling and waiting.  Lines to pick up f

Only problem is that after a few hours, you still want another vaccine.  Aren

Update for Consolacion. I had previously registered with my Barangay health center and was told they would call when they had a schedule for Lamac, my Barangay. No issue about being a foreigner. that

Posted Images

Headshot

Nothing is standard here. Every city and municipality has its own policies and rules on who gets what vaccine. In Mandaue City, where I live, only seniors can get the good vaccines. Everybody else get Sinovac or nothing at all. I have heard through the grapevine that non-seniors have been getting Janssen, Pfizer and Moderna vaccines. Unfortunately, you have no clue what you will get until you get into the processing centers, by which you may have already spent hours in line. I was given Janssen at Pacific Mall, but they wouldn't vaccinate my wife. Today, she got notified and told to go to the Mandaue Sports Center for vaccination. When they revealed the only vaccine available was Sinovac, she told them she would wait until an effective vaccine was available.

• Like 3
cookie47
56 minutes ago, Headshot said:

she told them she would wait until an effective vaccine was available.

It's going to be quite interesting to discover in not too OR distant future that with all the issues with blood clotting, Heart issues ETC with Moderna,Astra Zenaca Janson,etc that maybe Sinovax with prove to be a right decision .Of course this is pie in the sky as such, AM I just saying that and trying to build self confidence because I have had Sinovax.If I was offered another vaccine (which is probably going to be necessary to enter certain countries the way thing are going if Sinovax is going to be shit canned long term),,, now would I take another vaccine...I don't know. But what I do think is Even though those "expert's" are saying Sinovax effectiveness is low on the list (and that's "apparently"according to some),thus due to the very short time these vaccine's have become available I still think  they are making this up as they go along.... 

Just a point of view......

• Like 2
fivestarph
1 hour ago, Headshot said:

Nothing is standard here. Every city and municipality has its own policies and rules on who gets what vaccine. In Mandaue City, where I live, only seniors can get the good vaccines. Everybody else get Sinovac or nothing at all. I have heard through the grapevine that non-seniors have been getting Janssen, Pfizer and Moderna vaccines. Unfortunately, you have no clue what you will get until you get into the processing centers, by which you may have already spent hours in line. I was given Janssen at Pacific Mall, but they wouldn't vaccinate my wife. Today, she got notified and told to go to the Mandaue Sports Center for vaccination. When they revealed the only vaccine available was Sinovac, she told them she would wait until an effective vaccine was available.

I was informed that if you refuse the vaccine offered you go to the "back" of the queue.

Headshot
1 hour ago, fivestarph said:

I was informed that if you refuse the vaccine offered you go to the "back" of the queue.

I suppose to some extent it depends on how and when you do it. She never got to the point in the process where she had to identify herself. Therefore, it isn't likely that she will be sent to the end of any queue. All they know is that she didn't get vaccinated. Second, people are crossing political boundaries to find the vaccine of their choice. One of my wife's college friends, who lives in Cebu City, went to SHS Ateneo in Mandaue City to get the Pfizer vaccine. There is nothing in this world that is less organized than a decentralized health program in the Philippines. If anybody thinks that there is some central entity tracking all of this, they are howling at the moon crazy.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
RogerDuMond
10 hours ago, samatm said:

Where does one even go to get registered to take the Vaccination here in Cebu.    Please post links.

You can ask your barangay captain where your RHU (rural health unit) is and go there to register.

• Like 1
RogerDuMond
2 hours ago, fivestarph said:

The first time I went to our RHU, they said the only thing that was available was Sinovac, but because of my age I should wait for Astra Zeneca. Later that week, they called me and told me to come in the next week and they administered the AZ. We can't get the others out here because they can't handle the refrigeration needed.

• Like 1
BossHog
26 minutes ago, RogerDuMond said:

You can ask your barangay captain where your RHU (rural health unit) is and go there to register.

On a rural provincial level I've heard quite a few folks complaining about political favoritism in the decision of which vaccine you get (everyone knows who everyone else voted for). If you're on the side of the ruling camp you get J&J or Moderna. If not you're offered the Sinovac or the Sputnik V.

That's one way to weed out the opposition I guess.

Edited by BossHog
  • Haha 3
SkyMan

FIL in Negros just got the J&J today as a senior. 

• Like 2
mikecon3

My BIL and his wife both got the J&J in Masbate this week. Was told each barangay got 60 doses. Not sure how they got to the front of the line.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
DeedleNuts

How is PH doing overall as far as getting the urban population jabbed? I've still got friends over there (in addition to the enemies I maintain in LinC) and some of them are actually afraid to get vaccinated. Which seems silly, but for healthy younger folks I'm not sure the jab is a big advantage.

I'm just ready to return. Got that remote job for a few years now, I'm coming back ;) 

RogerDuMond
9 hours ago, DeedleNuts said:

How is PH doing overall as far as getting the urban population jabbed?

In the province, the wealthy and the upper middle class are getting it, but everybody else has no interest in getting it. They are either afraid of it or don't see the point since there aren't any cases out here. That includes my 83 year old mother-in-law, who flat out refuses to even talk about it.

• Like 2
DeedleNuts
11 hours ago, RogerDuMond said:

They are either afraid of it or don't see the point since there aren't any cases out here.

In sparser places it makes more sense to wave off perhaps. I'm wondering how Manila or Cebu and so on are getting along though. I'm getting antsy, maybe enough to contact a VISA agent and see what if anything they can do.