Vaccinations in the Philippines

davedude
17 hours ago, Pman said:

Any discussion thread on Duterte threatening lockdown to home or jail for not getting vaccine?

More throw them out of a helicopter ride bravado or you think they will make this a law?

I worry about this. It may affect whether I will be able to retire in the Philippines or not. A mandatory vaccine will mean my money and I remain in the states.  Net loss for the Philippines.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4
  • Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dafey

• rfm010

• cookie47

• fivestarph

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Got my first sinovac shot yesterday, city sponored done at a local school as a walk in.  Another school down the road was by appointment only.  3 hours of form filling and waiting.  Lines to pick up f

Only problem is that after a few hours, you still want another vaccine.  Aren

Update for Consolacion. I had previously registered with my Barangay health center and was told they would call when they had a schedule for Lamac, my Barangay. No issue about being a foreigner. that

Posted Images

Soupeod
21 hours ago, Pman said:

More throw them out of a helicopter ride bravado

I think that act was in some Vietnam movies 😂😂, wrong country Pman.

• Haha 1
Pman
1 hour ago, Soupeod said:

Lol ok I stand corrected :)

:)

I also won’t retire there if they do this. We were looking at moving back in the next 6 months for retirement to the Philippines. Wife was going to look at properties we might purchase on her trip there. 

Now we’re on indefinite hold also. 

Swissrider
Lol ok I stand corrected
Well, well by now everybody knows Duterte quotes. Not really worth to comnent anymore. It's just him. But of course the media (mostly foreign or often Rappler) are most happy to print every single word he says.

Gesendet von meinem SM-N950F mit Tapatalk

• Like 2
redboy
On 8/2/2021 at 3:48 AM, davedude said:

I worry about this. It may affect whether I will be able to retire in the Philippines or not. A mandatory vaccine will mean my money and I remain in the states.  Net loss for the Philippines.

If you think in the future you will be able to travel anywhere without being vaccinated I think you are naïve, it is coming, and you should get your mind around that I think. Covid is going no where, it will be here forever in some fashion. And as countries and governments struggle to deal with outbreaks they will clamp down on travel. In addition it will become a political war between vaccine manufacturers and the countries or private industry that supports them and their interests. 

Edited by redboy
  • Like 1
Irenicus
27 minutes ago, redboy said:

Covid is going no where, it will be here forever in some fashion.

Dunno about that.  Smallpox is pretty much eradicated by vaccines.  Americans born after 1980 or so no longer get the smallpox vaccine (which killed about 300 million people).

29 minutes ago, redboy said:

And as countries and governments struggle to deal with outbreaks they will clamp down on travel.

Gotta do it.

SkyMan
On 8/1/2021 at 12:01 PM, Pman said:

Any discussion thread on Duterte threatening lockdown to home or jail for not getting vaccine?

I think he recanted and said he was joking the next day.  Seems to be his habit.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Irenicus
29 minutes ago, redboy said:

In addition it will become a political war between vaccine manufacturers and the countries or private industry that supports them and their interests.

More of an ideological/political war.  Rat lickers not getting vaccinated are killing hundreds of thousands of people around the world - millions as time goes on.  Methinks at this point that it would be best just to quarantine the sick and those refusing to get a vaccine.  No reason for everyone to be locked down.

Just now, SkyMan said:

I think he recanted and said he was joking the next day. 

Yeah, people don't appreciate his sense of humor.  Like when he said he wished he had been the first to rape that woman - Any rational human would know that he was just joking around.  People nowadays are just too damn sensitive and political correctness is destroying the world.

• Like 5
cookie47
On 8/2/2021 at 3:48 AM, davedude said:

A mandatory vaccine

Vaccination I guess is a personal choice...... However...

Looking back in history mandatory vaccination is not New.

I needed Yellow fever, Cholera,And smallpox ? to be able to migrate to Australia in 1971....Stamped into my passport which I still have..Of coarse the vaccines  had probably been around long enough to be proven safe ? But also there wasn't no social media at that point to spew out bucket loads of information/or if you like disinformation ...You just got on with it.....

• Like 4
Soupeod

Getting my second dose of sinovax right now. Long lines….

I think they heard the delta variant is coming, wasn’t this crowded last time.

• Like 3
Pman
14 hours ago, SkyMan said:

I think he recanted and said he was joking the next day.  Seems to be his habit.

So it was bravado no laws upcoming?

Swissrider
So it was bravado no laws upcoming?
As already mentioned several times in this forum. You shouldn't take everything literally of what he says. But partly yes. You just have to study his personality a bit more and abandon the western view of his behaviour. Then you might understand him a little better. It doesn't mean you have to agree with it. But if you like the Philippines, just come here and don't put your plan on hold for this. No problem.

Gesendet von meinem SM-N950F mit Tapatalk

• Like 4
  • Administrator
Dafey

Vaccinations in the Philippines folks...anybody have news, info, etc.?