• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dafey

• rfm010

• fivestarph

• BossHog

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Got my first sinovac shot yesterday, city sponored done at a local school as a walk in.  Another school down the road was by appointment only.  3 hours of form filling and waiting.  Lines to pick up f

I'm quite happy with the Sinovax. Fried rice is tasting good and my Mandarin is improving Daily.😂🙃

Update for Consolacion. I had previously registered with my Barangay health center and was told they would call when they had a schedule for Lamac, my Barangay. No issue about being a foreigner. that

Posted Images

• Administrator
Dafey
8 hours ago, topcat72m said:

Covid vaccine tracker

A useful tool for figures in an easy format. 

Soooo....we're just over 1% fully vaccinated...GO PHILS!

• Haha 2
topcat72m
1 hour ago, Dafey said:

Soooo....we're just over 1% fully vaccinated...GO PHILS!

Central visayas 17% second dose

fivestarph

I find this vaccine distribution totally confusing. I was under the impression that COVAX donated vaccines ie Pfizer, could only be given to certain categories of "Locals".

Can anyone enlighten me as to who are eligible?

• Administrator
Dafey

What you shouldn't do to your COVID-19 vaccination card

image.png.18b83178baec43ed7c0d232a91b75783.png

Local government units have been ramping up their vaccination programs in an effort to finally stop another surge of COVID-19 infections in the country. Most health workers and senior citizens have been inoculated; but for the rest of the population, getting a vaccination schedule is going to take some effort. So if you finally have your stamped vaccination card, you'll need to do your best to protect it, almost like it's the Holy Grail—in this global pandemic, it kind of is.

Take note of the things you should NOT do to your COVID vaccine card:

Post an unblurred version on social media.

Whether it's peer pressure or FOMO, people—especially our parents—seem to be more encouraged to get inoculated with the rise of "I got vaccinated" posts on social media. While that's all well and good, it's best to blur out your full name (especially your middle name), address, and birthday for security reasons.

Laminate it.

While you want to make sure that your vaccination card doesn't get folded or wet, laminating it might not be a good idea. At this point, doctors and scientists are still figuring out if inoculated people need another booster shoot in a year or so. So those cards may need to be written on again in the future, especially if there's more space aside from the usual two boxes for the vaccine stamps.

Leave it lying around.

Especially for senior citizens, vaccination cards must be with you at all times if you're going out. Some establishments like dine-in restaurants check the cards and others offer discounts for the fully vaccinated. Best to make a copy for keeping in your wallet, though, and keep the original safe at home.

Lose it.

Keep the original at home so you don't end up losing it. Local government units and vaccination sites are still scrambling to inoculate people, so you wouldn't want to have to deal with getting a replacement card and add to that chaos.

Not have a backup copy.

While a digital copy of your vaccination card may not be technically valid, you can take a photo of it and save a scanned copy on your phone or cloud. This way, you still have a backup if worse comes to worst and you actually lose your card.

https://www.msn.com/en-ph/lifestyle/other/what-you-shouldn-t-do-to-your-covid-19-vaccination-card/ar-AALaykf?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
Soupeod
On 6/18/2021 at 8:43 AM, fivestarph said:

I find this vaccine distribution totally confusing. I was under the impression that COVAX donated vaccines ie Pfizer, could only be given to certain categories of "Locals".

Can anyone enlighten me as to who are eligible?

The nurse in your Lgu

• Like 1
cvgtpc1
15 hours ago, Dafey said:

Leave it lying around.

Especially for senior citizens, vaccination cards must be with you at all times if you're going out. Some establishments like dine-in restaurants check the cards and others offer discounts for the fully vaccinated. Best to make a copy for keeping in your wallet, though, and keep the original safe at home.

Lose it.

Keep the original at home so you don't end up losing it. Local government units and vaccination sites are still scrambling to inoculate people, so you wouldn't want to have to deal with getting a replacement card and add to that chaos.

So which is it lol.

• Haha 1
cookie47
47 minutes ago, Soupeod said:

The nurse in your Lgu

Correct.It was the LGU nurse that knocked on our door looking for my wife.She must have had a "Seniors" list I "guess"?. Subsequently that's how I found out I was legible....

DeedleNuts

I hope everyone who wants to be vaccinated will be soon, and we can eliminate one excuse for whatever this last year has been.

• Like 5
  • Administrator
Dafey

PH to procure 40M Pfizer doses

The Philippine government has signed an agreement for the procurement of 40 million doses of Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine.

"We are very happy to report that the government and the management of Pfizer have finally concluded our negotiations," vaccine czar Carlito Galvez Jr. said on Sunday.

The agreement was signed on Saturday, June 19 by him and Health Secretary Francisco Duque 3rd.

Galvez said the deal with Pfizer is by far the "biggest" vaccine procurement inked by the country this year.

The delivery of the 40 million doses will begin "after eight weeks," he said.

https://www.msn.com/en-ph/news/national/ph-to-procure-40m-pfizer-doses/ar-AALebwC?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Davaoeno

There's Pfizer everywhere in Davao these days. I had multi offers at different locations

• Haha 2
fivestarph
31 minutes ago, Davaoeno said:

There's Pfizer everywhere in Davao these days. I had multi offers at different locations

Yup, even in Cebu every Tom, Dick and Harry seems now to be able to get Pfizer...

• Administrator
Dafey
Posted (edited)

Take the Covid-19 vaccine or get put in jail, threatens Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte

Philippines President Duterte lashed out at anti-vaxxers on Monday, threatening to jail those who refuse the Covid-19 vaccine.

He also said he would order officials to inoculate anti-vaxxers with a drug meant for animals.

But Duterte has not provided the legal basis for his arrest order yet, reported The Philippine Star.

Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte has threatened to arrest those who refuse Covid-19 vaccines, as the nation grapples with one of Asia's worst outbreaks.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/take-the-covid-19-vaccine-or-get-put-in-jail-threatens-philippine-president-rodrigo-duterte/ar-AALiGSz?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531

Edited by Dafey
stuckoutside
On 6/21/2021 at 3:14 AM, fivestarph said:

Yup, even in Cebu every Tom, Dick and Harry seems now to be able to get Pfizer...

How? My GF would love to know.

• Like 2
  • Administrator
Dafey

Australia’s surplus AstraZeneca Covid vaccines will be donated to neighbouring countries

image.png.816d7ba0b1d3892546e3a1291256179e.png

The federal government plans to hand Australia’s unused AstraZeneca vaccines to regional neighbours, but has refused to say how much it expects to pay for the surplus doses.

The federal government remains bound by a contract with CSL to manufacture 50m doses of the AstraZeneca vaccine, despite changing its advice this month to prefer Pfizer for people aged 16 to 60 years.

Current projections indicate that, after October, AstraZeneca will be made available on request only.

But CSL has given little indication that it will alter its production schedule, saying it is “committed to meeting our contracted arrangements with the Australian government and AstraZeneca for locally produced AstraZeneca Covid-19 vaccines”.

Asked what the government will do with surplus AstraZeneca supplies, the health department says it will donate them to other countries.

“The Australian government has made a commitment to support the countries in our region through providing doses of Covid-19 vaccines and is donating doses of AstraZeneca to the region,” a spokeswoman said.

“Any of the doses of the AstraZeneca vaccine not used in Australia will be donated overseas.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/australia-s-surplus-astrazeneca-covid-vaccines-will-be-donated-to-neighbouring-countries/ar-AALtPgG?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3