Vaccinations in the Philippines

fivestarph
On 6/11/2021 at 10:54 AM, fivestarph said:

Some positive news at last....

Seniors.jpg

Would appear with effect 16th June 2021..

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dafey

• rfm010

• cookie47

• fivestarph

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Got my first sinovac shot yesterday, city sponored done at a local school as a walk in.  Another school down the road was by appointment only.  3 hours of form filling and waiting.  Lines to pick up f

Only problem is that after a few hours, you still want another vaccine.  Aren

Update for Consolacion. I had previously registered with my Barangay health center and was told they would call when they had a schedule for Lamac, my Barangay. No issue about being a foreigner. that

Posted Images

• Administrator
Dafey

Bulk of fresh vaccines going to surge areas

MANILA, Philippines — Sixty percent of the vaccines of Sinovac and Pfizer-BioNtech that arrived in the country recently are for “centers of gravity” or areas now seeing surges in COVID-19 cases, the Department of Health (DOH) said yesterday.

At a public briefing, DOH Undersecretary Maria Rosario Vergeire said it is really part of the priority framework for the COVID-19 jabs to consider the “geographic burden” of the disease in allocating vaccines.

As such, 60 percent of the one million doses of Sinovac vaccines procured by the government and some 2.2 million doses of Pfizer-BioNtech jabs donated through the COVAX Facility would go to areas with the most cases.

“Areas that are having an increase in cases will be given additional allocation for these batches that have arrived,” said Vergeire, adding that the DOH expects vaccination activities to resume tomorrow, June 14.

She did not mention specific areas but noted that parts of the Visayas and Mindanao are now having an uptick in cases, which she referred to recently as “centers of gravity.”

Last Friday, the DOH identified the regions with high incidence of COVID-19 infections as Western Visayas, Central Visayas, Eastern Visayas, Northern Mindanao, Davao Region, SOCCSKSARGEN, Caraga and the Bangsamoro Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (BARMM).

Yesterday, Vergeire said more than 98 percent of the vaccines have already been distributed to the local government units (LGUs).

“If there are vaccines left in our warehouses, these are the buffer stocks that we keep in case there will be a shortage of vaccines. But these are really very few,” she added.

As of June 8, DOH data showed a total of 5,965,651 doses of COVID-19 vaccines have already been administered.

Also, 1,681,722 individuals have completed their inoculation while 4,632,826 have received their first dose.

Sputnik V vaccines

Another 100,000 doses of Sputnik V vaccines from Russia arrived the other night.

Vaccine czar Secretary Carlito Galvez Jr. and Russian Ambassador Marat Pavlov led the official party that received the fourth batch of Sputnik V vaccine shipments at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA) around 11 p.m. Friday.

With fast-tracked processing and releasing, the vaccine doses were immediately transported to PharmaServ Express cold storage in Marikina City for distribution by the DOH.

To date, the country has received a total of 180,000 doses of the vaccine manufactured by Gamaleya Research Institute of Russia. Sputnik V vaccines require -18 degrees Celsius storage.

Pavlov said the arrival of Sputnik V vaccines and the promise of more shipments will boost the ties between Russia and the Philippines as they mark the 45th anniversary of diplomatic relations between the two countries.

“We are ready to deliver 20 million doses of Sputnik V according to the contracts that have been signed between the Russian Direct Investment Fund and the Government of the Philippines,”

https://www.msn.com/en-ph/news/national/bulk-of-fresh-vaccines-going-to-surge-areas/ar-AAKYN9d?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531

• Thanks 1
fred42

I know foreigners that have been fully vaccinated here.. To prove it they all have a piece of photocopied white card and their details written in by red ink that is then laminated after the second jab.. No QR code,nothing.
Is that all I need to travel internationally?

cookie47
1 hour ago, fred42 said:

I know foreigners that have been fully vaccinated here

Yes correct, I have and have the laminated card and also pondered your question.

There are pages and pages on the Net talking about Vaccination cards (or proof of Vaccination).. electronic or otherwise.

The link from the article below (predominantly relating to cruise ships) However shows a Vaccination card somewhat "similar" to mine.

The article talks about an app to store vaccination details  But are any of these cards and apps going to be accepted WORLDWIDE.?

https://www.insider.com/do-i-need-proof-of-covid-19-vaccination-to-travel-2021-3

• Like 1
fred42
58 minutes ago, cookie47 said:

Yes correct, I have and have the laminated card and also pondered your question.

There are pages and pages on the Net talking about Vaccination cards (or proof of Vaccination).. electronic or otherwise.

The link from the article below (predominantly relating to cruise ships) However shows a Vaccination card somewhat "similar" to mine.

The article talks about an app to store vaccination details  But are any of these cards and apps going to be accepted WORLDWIDE.?

https://www.insider.com/do-i-need-proof-of-covid-19-vaccination-to-travel-2021-3

I think what I was expecting was that every set of two vaccines would come with a unique QR code that would be printed and scannable on a high quality card along with the persons full biodata.
What they actually get is something that any print shop here could produce for 100.00 Peso.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1
redboy
11 hours ago, fred42 said:

I think what I was expecting was that every set of two vaccines would come with a unique QR code that would be printed and scannable on a high quality card along with the persons full biodata.
What they actually get is something that any print shop here could produce for 100.00 Peso.

yes and no. I am fully  vaccinated, and have the card which I had to get laminated myself, but on my second shot my  name and bio data, plus location was entered in a data base on a laptop, so there is an official record of sorts, how it can be utilized or accessed is another concern.

• Like 2
cvgtpc1
12 hours ago, fred42 said:

Don't feel put out, same in the US.  Kinda disappointing.  Assumed here especially it'd be like you expected.

• Administrator
Dafey

Philippines ranks 8th among 10 in Aseanvaccine rollout

MANILA, Philippines — The Philippines ranks eighth among 10 Southeast Asian nations in terms of vaccinating its whole population and second in vaccine deployment against COVID-19.

Data provided by international think tank Our World in Data this month showed that the Philippines has vaccinated only about 4.23 percent of its total population as of June 8, with 6.31 million doses of the COVID-19 vaccine administered so far.

Singapore – the second least populated nation in the region – leads with 42.8 percent vaccinated, followed by Cambodia with 16.72 percent, and Brunei – the least populated country in the region – with 11.37. With an absolute growth of at least 11 percent since April, Brunei is already ahead of Laos, which has vaccinated 9.74 percent of its population.

Meanwhile, Malaysia recorded 8.76 percent and is now ahead of Indonesia, the most populated country in the region, which had vaccinated 7.19 percent.

Thailand recorded 5.94 percent, and the Philippines was trailed by Myanmar and Vietnam at 3.26 and 1.40 percent, respectively.

In terms of doses administered the Philippines is second to Indonesia, which had deployed 31.2 million doses. The Philippines is trailed by Thailand with 5.67 million, Cambodia with 5.13 million, Singapore with 4.39 million, Malaysia with 4.1 million, Myanmar with 2.99 million, Vietnam with 1.41 million, Laos with 1.08 million and Brunei with 61,000.

Vaccine czar Carlito Galvez Jr. earlier said the Philippines is expecting to ramp up its daily vaccination rate, when vaccine supply normalizes following the arrival of 2.2 million Pfizer vaccines, one million Sinovac vaccines and 100,000 Sputnik V vaccines last week.

The National Task Force against COVID-19 said the country was expecting 12 million doses to arrive next month and about 17 million in August. Galvez said the country was still working on closing supply agreements with Pfizer and Johnson & Johnson, which is expected to yield 45 million doses.

The Philippines is currently racing its target of inoculating 70 million Filipinos by December to achieve herd immunity, while grappling with supply constraints, vaccine bias and hesitancy.

https://www.msn.com/en-ph/news/national/philippines-ranks-8th-among-10-in-aseanvaccine-rollout/ar-AAL0cw6?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
DeedleNuts
On 6/12/2021 at 6:40 PM, cookie47 said:

Seems like a really stupid concept. 

Worried about it? Get vaccinated and worry no more, particularly about the personal choices of others.

(I got vaccinated in March)

• Like 2
cookie47

Thanks for the support.

We are now both fully vaccinated (two shots of Sinovax) nearly a month ago.

Side affects very minimal and feeling fine..

Travel is WAY WAY off for us, unless immigration regulations force our hand. A 13a was our next procedure but my wife's cataract surgery has diverted some fund's.Never mind I'm still breathing.

• Like 3
topcat72m

We have the vaccine cards. Gives vaccine brand (Pfizer Astra Jansen etc) and the batch number. Your ID and dates administered. There is also a national site showing your status. Ie

waiting for 1st vaccine 

Received 1st

Received 2nd 

Fully protected 

You can see your status by logging in so I'm sure this info will be used in the EU vaccine passport program. 

• Like 4
Jawny
5 hours ago, topcat72m said:

We have the vaccine cards. Gives vaccine brand (Pfizer Astra Jansen etc) and the batch number. Your ID and dates administered. There is also a national site showing your status. Ie

waiting for 1st vaccine 

Received 1st

Received 2nd 

Fully protected 

You can see your status by logging in so I'm sure this info will be used in the EU vaccine passport program. 

Where is this online national site?  

BossHog
3 hours ago, Jawny said:

Ireland.

• Like 1
  • Administrator
Salty Dog

This thread was started for information about vaccines and vaccinations in the Philippines.

There is already a thread about vaccines and vaccinations in general, were you can discuss non-Philippine related vaccine issues.

https://www.livingincebuforums.com/topic/116412-covid-vaccines/

topcat72m
14 hours ago, Jawny said:

Ireland. Sorry I should have said.