Vaccinations in the Philippines

DeedleNuts

My symptoms were similar w. Moderna, except for #2 - I had a headache a bit, but no muscle pain except the injection site. The injection had a larger volume of fluid than some other injections, and I wonder if the injection site soreness wasn't mostly just mechanical bruising or whatever. As for item 4, I described it as being tired. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dafey

• rfm010

• BossHog

• fivestarph

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Got my first sinovac shot yesterday, city sponored done at a local school as a walk in.  Another school down the road was by appointment only.  3 hours of form filling and waiting.  Lines to pick up f

Only problem is that after a few hours, you still want another vaccine.  Aren

I'm quite happy with the Sinovax. Fried rice is tasting good and my Mandarin is improving Daily.😂🙃

Posted Images

arentol
13 hours ago, Davaoeno said:

Apparently the Red Cross canceled that deal coz Moderna wouldn't allow it

Hi Davaeno, wondering if you have a source for that? Been searching online and can't find that news.

Thanks!

Aren

wondersailor

Can not be certain of any adverse reaction to my first AstraZenecia injection. Sore arm at injection site ( like most shots) and a very fatigued for 4 days. I had also made a change to my blood pressure meds the night before my vaccination, so who knows the cause?

Has anyone heard any updates on the Maderna the Red Cross was supposed to bring in in June? Has it been cancelled? 

Soupeod
8 hours ago, arentol said:

Hi Davaeno, wondering if you have a source for that? Been searching online and can't find that news.

Thanks!

Aren

I saw it in the TV news, don’t remember which one

• Like 1
  • Administrator
Dafey

I got a confirmation email for my wife and I from the Red Cross...we're on the list. Not sure what list but....

• Like 3
RogerDuMond
9 hours ago, DeedleNuts said:

The injection had a larger volume of fluid than some other injections,

Not the same with AstraZeneca as the shot is only one half ml.

Day two, my fever broke overnight, still fatigued, the swelling is gone, the muscle pain in the shoulders and neck is gone, still pain directly at the injection sight when touched. Feel much better today.

• Like 2
Davaoeno
9 hours ago, arentol said:

Thanks!

Aren

Sorry but I don't. I read it online from some Philippines news source. 

• Like 1
  • Administrator
Dafey

U.S. Will Donate COVID Vaccines To The Philippines

The U.S. is donating a still undetermined volume of COVID-19 vaccines to the Philippines.

Philippine Ambassador to the United States Jose Manuel Romualdez delivered the news in an interview with DZMM Teleradyo today, May 28, 2021.

Romualdez said he was informed of the donation "just today" as part of the United States’ help to allies. U.S. President Joe Biden had pledged that 80 million vaccines will be delivered overseas as response to the pandemic. However, U.S. authorities were not clear on the exact number the Philippines will get.

However, Romualdez was assured that the donations will be delivered to the Philippines as early as June 2021. He said the Americans will use military aircraft to deliver Moderna and AstraZeneca  vaccines to allied countries "as soon as possible."

The U.S. is one of the first countries to vaccinate a significant enough percentage of their population and are now easing their COVID-19 restrictions.

Our World In Data shows that 289 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines have been given in the U.S., with 40 percent of the population fully vaccinated. Following the U.S. are India, Brazil, and the United Kingdom.

But the country with the most number of doses administered is China at 567 million. 

The Philippines has so far administered 4.5 million doses. Some 1.03 million people have been fully vaccinated; this represents 1 percent of the 70 million adult population.

Much of the vaccines delivered to the Philippines are either donations from China or the World Health Organization’s COVAX facility.

https://www.msn.com/en-ph/lifestyle/parenting/u-s-will-donate-covid-vaccines-to-the-philippines/ar-AAKtpH9?ocid=msedgdhp

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
smokey

Well got shot one at UC  SHS  BY country mall took about 1 hour signed on line mon called tues had to dance to get talisay id accepted in cebu but after all these years i know the dance

RogerDuMond
15 hours ago, smokey said:

Well got shot one at UC  SHS  BY country mall

Which vaccine did you get smokey?

redboy
15 hours ago, smokey said:

Well got shot one at UC  SHS  BY country mall took about 1 hour signed on line mon called tues had to dance to get talisay id accepted in cebu but after all these years i know the dance

I glided through my second dose appointment of Sinovac at Consolacion SM yesterday, they never asked for anything more than a drivers license. got my laminated "travel pass" (vaccination card) at the end. 

• Like 3
smokey

Astra one for me after 4 days back to normal i would get sleepy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
bernadette

Got my first jab of Aztrazeneca last Thursday at Gun-ob Elementary School here in Lapu-Lapu City. Its was a seven long hours of waiting but it's all worth it. Day 1 I was having a slight fever, a slight headache and a sore arms. Second day I felt better. The only pain that remains is in my ams where I was injected.

• Like 2
fivestarph

Some positive news at last....

Seniors.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Administrator

Philippines among first batch of COVID-19 jab recipients of donations from US

Philippines included in first tranche of COVID-19 vaccine donation from the United States, according to the report of GMA News' Raffy Tima.

"By the end of June, in addition to the financial contributions that the US is making to COVAX that the US is willing to donate 80 million form the vaccines that are currently in the United States. That's about 13 percent that we currently have and President Biden was quite clear that that is just this month," Chargé d’Affaires at the US Embassy in the Philippines John Law said at the arrival of 2 million Pfizer vaccines from the COVAX facility.

He added that in the months to come the US plan to make more donations.

"The exact allocation is not yet determined. But we know that the Philippines is included in the initial tranche," he said, adding that "of those 80 million vaccines, 75% will be distributed through COVAX, another 25% or so will be depending on situations worldwide. We may make direct contributions. So I don't have the exact number but I know that it will be before the end of June."

The United States will purchase half a billion COVID-19 vaccine doses for lower income countries with no strings attached, US President Joe Biden said on Thursday.

https://www.msn.com/en-ph/news/national/philippines-among-first-batch-of-covid-19-jab-recipients-of-donations-from-us/ar-AAKXnGh?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1