Vaccinations in the Philippines

BossHog
57 minutes ago, topcat72m said:

they are also selling Pfizer shots.

True. Pfizer shots readily available in Manila for 7k times two.

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dafey

• rfm010

• cookie47

• fivestarph

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Got my first sinovac shot yesterday, city sponored done at a local school as a walk in.  Another school down the road was by appointment only.  3 hours of form filling and waiting.  Lines to pick up f

Only problem is that after a few hours, you still want another vaccine.  Aren

Update for Consolacion. I had previously registered with my Barangay health center and was told they would call when they had a schedule for Lamac, my Barangay. No issue about being a foreigner. that

Posted Images

cookie47
Eight to twelve weeks for second dose of the AstraZenecia? Had my first poke on Friday outside Davao and was told sixteen weeks for me. This seems like it is really pushing the envelope but that's what my appointment card reads.

Wow,One month to the day for Sinovax in Cebu...

Sent from my M2003J15SC using Tapatalk

maximian
7 hours ago, topcat72m said:

I have heard that some companies are vaccinating their staff. The likes of Ayala etc. I have heard that they are also selling Pfizer shots. I know a few people who have got their shots this way. 

Where are they selling the Pfizer shots? I live close to Manila and have been looking to buy the vaccine for us and our staff but haven’t found it readily available. 

GBT62

I got the SMS last Thursday and got my first Pfizer shot in Cebu last Friday for free at the newest clinic near EMall. The place was close to empty - many more staff than patients.

I was in and out in less than an hour and the 2nd shot is set for 3 weeks time :thumbsup:

• Like 1
RogerDuMond

I could have had Sinovac a couple of weeks ago in Asturias, but my doctor said to wait for AstraZenica.

So, received my first dose of AstraZenica this morning.

The information that I was given is that the second dose will be in 12 weeks and the research is still being compiled, but they think that a booster may be needed in about a year.

There was a one hour observation period after the injection during which they took BP, pulse, blood oxygen, and temperature readings several times.

They don't expect Pfizer or Moderna to be given out here as they don't have anyway to refrigerate either to the required temperatures.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
topcat72m
1 hour ago, maximian said:

Where are they selling the Pfizer shots? I live close to Manila and have been looking to buy the vaccine for us and our staff but haven’t found it readily available. 

Ayala mall in Cebu. My wife's niece works for Ayala. She has offered Pfizer to all the family members. Some have got it some are waiting on the free shots. 

• Like 2
Edd
3 hours ago, GBT62 said:

I got the SMS last Thursday and got my first Pfizer shot in Cebu last Friday for free at the newest clinic near EMall. The place was close to empty - many more staff than patients.

I was in and out in less than an hour and the 2nd shot is set for 3 weeks time :thumbsup:

Who was the SMS from?  Who did you register with?

maximian
4 hours ago, topcat72m said:

Ayala mall in Cebu. My wife's niece works for Ayala. She has offered Pfizer to all the family members. Some have got it some are waiting on the free shots. 

So it was available if you worked for Ayala. I haven’t seen it available for sale to the general public. I am under 60, so not sure when we will be included. 

fivestarph

Senators Cynthia Villar and Nancy Binay tussled over the proposal to lift the rule stopping senior citizens from leaving their homes even if they have completed both doses of the coronavirus vaccine. 

As the Senate committee on economic affairs resumed its hearing on industries affected by the pandemic on Tuesday, May 25, Villar questioned the strict stay-at-home policy for senior citizens aged 65 years old and above.

Villar, 70, said the elderly should be allowed to leave their homes and dine at restaurants if they have completed their COVID-19 vaccination.

https://www.rappler.com/nation/cynthia-villar-nancy-binay-clash-easing-rules-vaccinated-senior-citizens

• Like 1
topcat72m
16 hours ago, topcat72m said:

I have heard that some companies are vaccinating their staff. The likes of Ayala etc. I have heard that they are also selling Pfizer shots. I know a few people who have got their shots this way. 

I wonder if these are being counted on the national figures. I say this because the national figures are still very low. But as far as I know the vaccine is widely available in cebu city at least. 

4 hours ago, maximian said:

So it was available if you worked for Ayala. I haven’t seen it available for sale to the general public. I am under 60, so not sure when we will be included. 

Yes. To workers and their families. This is why I asked above. Is the figures quoted nationally taking into account the private enterprises also offering vacancies. Ayala only being an example. I have heard also some companies in MEPZ also vaccinating their workers. 

• Administrator
Dafey

From a few pages back in this thread....

The Red Cross is basically selling the vaccine, buy one and they will distribute one to the public.

• Thanks 1
Davaoeno
2 hours ago, Dafey said:

From a few pages back in this thread....

The Red Cross is basically selling the vaccine, buy one and they will distribute one to the public.

Apparently the Red Cross canceled that deal coz Moderna wouldn't allow it

• Like 1
maximian
41 minutes ago, Davaoeno said:

Apparently the Red Cross canceled that deal coz Moderna wouldn't allow it

A drug company putting ethics before profit 😂 

RogerDuMond

My side affects from AstraZeneca.

1. Sore arm. For me, it is more than the injection site. The pain at the injection site is about a 4 out of 10 when touched and the muscle at the injection site is swollen about half a golf ball size. Not sure if the swelling is from the vaccine or the fact that I am taking a blood thinner.

2. I have a stiff neck and slightly sore shoulder muscles. Not sure if that is from the injection, or the fact that the arm made it uncomfortable to sleep last night.

3. I do have a slight headache like they said I would and today my temperature is 38C or 100F.

4. I feel kind of weak today, but that may be due to the temperature.

Better than getting Covid though.

• Like 3