Vaccinations in the Philippines

rfm010
12 hours ago, arentol said:

Would be keen to see these "mathematical models" put to the test by Western analysts.

I know some local modelers who might have something to say about the veracity of the models.  I believe octa's results can be summarized as " we dont have nearly enough stuff to go around".

• Like 1
  • Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dafey

• rfm010

• cookie47

• fivestarph

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Got my first sinovac shot yesterday, city sponored done at a local school as a walk in.  Another school down the road was by appointment only.  3 hours of form filling and waiting.  Lines to pick up f

Only problem is that after a few hours, you still want another vaccine.  Aren

Update for Consolacion. I had previously registered with my Barangay health center and was told they would call when they had a schedule for Lamac, my Barangay. No issue about being a foreigner. that

Posted Images

topcat72m

I'm no expert.

But I do agree with the idea of concentrating efforts on the major port cities.

Also these cities must be easier logistically. 

As vaccine becomes more available then move to other areas. 

fivestarph

Just got home from my 2nd SinoVac jab. Seemed more disorganised than the first shot last month.

Same  6 stage procedure as previously and they were doing 1st shot Astra same time as 2nd shot Sino. 

At least it's now over bar any side affects.

cookie47

Yep,Just got in from my second Jab.
Venue had been moved from the basketball court to the upper floor of SM Consolation. Better Venue but 3 times the people including a mix of first and second shot's. Four hours this time from start to finish.So apart from many more people things moved along ok with many helpers to guide you to each station...

Sent from my M2003J15SC using Tapatalk

• Like 1
cookie47
16 minutes ago, cookie47 said:

SM Consolation

Having been presented with our completed vaccination cards I noted to my wife that they are not going to last very long.So I suggested to go to The National book store for lamination.To our suprise a notice on the door said Free lamination of vaccination cards, No other purchase required. But we did buy a couple of pens....Not sure if this is a National policy throughout the PH.....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
mikecon3
1 hour ago, cookie47 said:

Having been presented with our completed vaccination cards I noted to my wife that they are not going to last very long.So I suggested to go to The National book store for lamination.To our suprise a notice on the door said Free lamination of vaccination cards, No other purchase required. But we did buy a couple of pens....Not sure if this is a National policy throughout the PH.....

Here in the US, the news recommended you NOT laminate them because of the booster shots they're now saying we are going to need later on. Of course, lots of people did anyway. They can always put the booster on a new card.

• Like 1
cookie47
2 minutes ago, mikecon3 said:

you NOT laminate

Ahh,Ok,yes  I understand your concern,But honestly there is no more room for any additional data.(on this particular card that was generated by the LGU..(which it states) So...Apart from personal details  Just two lower boxes with information on date and type of vaccine, Healthcare centre, Doctor.etc....So I guess as you mentioned another card will be needed for boosters.And lastly I'm not convinced (yet) that having this card would Help get me on a plane although our names WERE entered into a data base prior to being handed the card..But anyone good with Photoshop,,,Well you know what I mean...

• Like 1
cvgtpc1
3 hours ago, cookie47 said:

Nice how they're not wallet sized to easily carry anyway.  Office Depot laminates for free in the US, on the fence about doing it.

• Like 1
cookie47
18 minutes ago, cvgtpc1 said:

Nice how they're not wallet sized to easily carry anyway.  Office Depot laminates for free in the US, on the fence about doing it.

Correct,I noticed that the card "seemed" an odd Size. Certainly Higher/Taller than a credit card. 

I'll retrieve it from the Mrs and check tomorrow....

• Administrator
Salty Dog

I just carry a picture of mine on my phone. There are apps in the works to take the place of the physical card..  

• Like 3
fivestarph

I scanned and then reduced the size to credit card size. The QR code still works so will now get it laminated and keep the original in a safe place.

My original is on normal typewriter paper and is already tearing where I folded it.

• Like 3
Jawny

Baybay city has been vaccinating seniors in the past several days. Pretty well organized although it is essentially a first come first served process. The actual process takes less than fifteen minutes, though waiting makes it about a two hour experience overall. Foreigners are getting vaccinated also good with citizens. One piece of ID is all that is needed, no ACR card or passport required. The vaccine in use is Astra Zeneca. Second shots planned for eight to twelve weeks later.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
wondersailor
On 5/22/2021 at 2:38 AM, Jawny said:

Baybay city has been vaccinating seniors in the past several days. Pretty well organized although it is essentially a first come first served process. The actual process takes less than fifteen minutes, though waiting makes it about a two hour experience overall. Foreigners are getting vaccinated also good with citizens. One piece of ID is all that is needed, no ACR card or passport required. The vaccine in use is Astra Zeneca. Second shots planned for eight to twelve weeks later.  

Eight to twelve weeks for second dose of the AstraZenecia? Had my first poke on Friday outside Davao and was told sixteen weeks for me. This seems like it is really pushing the envelope but that's what my appointment card reads.

• Like 1
DeedleNuts

For most of those the first jab gives most of the immunity and the second seems more a booster from what I've read. 

• Like 2
topcat72m

I have heard that some companies are vaccinating their staff. The likes of Ayala etc. I have heard that they are also selling Pfizer shots. I know a few people who have got their shots this way. 

I wonder if these are being counted on the national figures. I say this because the national figures are still very low. But as far as I know the vaccine is widely available in cebu city at least.