Vaccinations in the Philippines

redboy

Update for Consolacion. I had previously registered with my Barangay health center and was told they would call when they had a schedule for Lamac, my Barangay. No issue about being a foreigner. that was two weeks ago, after calling this week to follow up was told there was no schedule for Lamac yet. Then saw on FB that SM malls was teeming up with the local LGUs to administer vaccines and Consolacion was doing same, no further details of course.

Went to the mall yesterday to investigate, saw the area by the Cinemas but it was  closed. went to the mall office to inquire and the guard said Tuesdays and Thursdays where the days the center was open. Decided to continue my quest and this AM at 10 sharp went to the mall to see what was up and if I could possibly get vaccinated. Upon inquiring, was told today was not Lamacs schedule and there was no schedule for Lamac yet, so it is indeed being done by barangay by appointment and pre registration, however the person I spoke with said I could put my name on an alternate list and if they had no shows They would call me, put my name on a list went home, and an hour later got a call to come right away and I could get vaccinated I did, and did. and even got the optional but obligatory official selfie. Total time at center was 1 hour and 10 minutes including a 30 minute observation period at the end. word to the wise, ask ask ask, but you all know the routine.

IMG20210504124029.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dafey

• rfm010

• BossHog

• fivestarph

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Got my first sinovac shot yesterday, city sponored done at a local school as a walk in.  Another school down the road was by appointment only.  3 hours of form filling and waiting.  Lines to pick up f

Only problem is that after a few hours, you still want another vaccine.  Aren

Update for Consolacion. I had previously registered with my Barangay health center and was told they would call when they had a schedule for Lamac, my Barangay. No issue about being a foreigner. that

Posted Images

stuckoutside

A while ago, there was a news article stating that people could sign up for an appointment to get the Moderna vaccine from the Red Cross in June or July.

The two doses of the Moderna vaccine are estimated at P4,000. This means that one has to pay P8,000 to get it.
For those interested in making a reservation, please email [email protected] or call 1158.
https://philippineslifestyle.com/moderna-covid19-vaccines-red-cross-arrive/

Has anyone contacted them and gotten a response? Are there any other legitimate sources that have vaccines for purchase?

arentol
Posted (edited)
On 5/8/2021 at 12:39 PM, stuckoutside said:

A while ago, there was a news article stating that people could sign up for an appointment to get the Moderna vaccine from the Red Cross in June or July.

The two doses of the Moderna vaccine are estimated at P4,000. This means that one has to pay P8,000 to get it.
For those interested in making a reservation, please email [email protected] or call 1158.
https://philippineslifestyle.com/moderna-covid19-vaccines-red-cross-arrive/

Has anyone contacted them and gotten a response? Are there any other legitimate sources that have vaccines for purchase?

You can register for the Moderna vaccine here after May 15:

https://vaccines.redcross.org.ph/

Total cost is 6,480. 

Timeline for everything is still unclear. 

Aren

Edited by arentol
  • Thanks 1
  • Administrator
Dafey
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, arentol said:

You can register for the Moderna vaccine here after May 15:

https://vaccines.redcross.org.ph/

Total cost is 6,480. 

Timeline for everything is still unclear. 

Aren

So the way I understand it for 6480 PHP you ill receive 1st and 2nd dose and a beneficiary that the Red Cross chooses will receive the same. So you are not only helping yourself but others.

Also they intend to set up shop in 100 locations outside Manila.

Update...

There are no more slots available at this time. "out of stock sair"

Edited by Dafey
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2
1 hour ago, cvgtpc1 said:

Not to be a selfish ass but nice if you could pick the beneficiary.

That would make it a 2 for 1 deal which isn't the intent.

to_dave007

Barangay people  came to my home on Sunday asking if i like to register for vaccination here in barangay.  I responded that I prefer to wait a month or two, because i knew they would  be giving Sinovac (but I didn't tell them why)..  and I prefer Pfizer or Moderna even it there is a cost.  THEN I read here about Red Cross offering Moderna..  when they have stock again that's the path I'll try to take

1 hour ago, to_dave007 said:

Sinovac

I'm quite happy with the Sinovax.

Fried rice is tasting good and my Mandarin is improving Daily.😂🙃

• Like 5
  • Haha 2
  • Administrator
29 minutes ago, cookie47 said:

And you get a fortune cookie!

• Like 4
10 hours ago, cookie47 said:

Only problem is that after a few hours, you still want another vaccine. 

Aren

• Like 2
  • Haha 6