Vaccinations in the Philippines

wondersailor

The observation that all politics are local was clearly talking about the Philipines. No vaccine for foreigners in my barangay which is what I had really expected due to the dislike for foreigners by the captain. I had trouble getting a food pass during the local lockdown. The only thing that moved them before was when I informed them that I would next make a trip to tje mayor's office. Unfortunately, the mayor now has covid. I think the next time I contemplate moving, one of my criteria will definitely be a foreigner friendly barangay.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dafey

• rfm010

• cookie47

• fivestarph

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Got my first sinovac shot yesterday, city sponored done at a local school as a walk in.  Another school down the road was by appointment only.  3 hours of form filling and waiting.  Lines to pick up f

Only problem is that after a few hours, you still want another vaccine.  Aren

Update for Consolacion. I had previously registered with my Barangay health center and was told they would call when they had a schedule for Lamac, my Barangay. No issue about being a foreigner. that

Posted Images

BossHog
80 year old maid
Your floors must get swept about as fast as mine do. Thanks for the report. Not so sure about that Chinese vaccine: did you feel the need for another one an hour or two after the first shot?

• Haha 4
fivestarph

Had my 1st Sinovac shot this morning at UC Banilad , took 3 hours from entry to exit. 

Second shot in 1 month's time.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
stuckoutside
2 hours ago, arentol said:

Good news: Pfizer and Moderna vaccines may be here soon.

https://news.abs-cbn.com/amp/news/04/20/21/philippines-covid-vaccine-pfizer-moderna-when

Aren

These vaccines are more effective than most of the others. The problem is that they must be kept at very cold temperatures or they lose effectiveness completely.

I hope that the people handling them report if they accidentally go above temperature instead of keeping quiet out of embarrassment. Otherwise there'll be a bunch of people walking around who think they've been vaccinated but actually have not.

• Like 2
Ozepete
2 hours ago, stuckoutside said:

These vaccines are more effective than most of the others. The problem is that they must be kept at very cold temperatures or they lose effectiveness completely.

I hope that the people handling them report if they accidentally go above temperature instead of keeping quiet out of embarrassment. Otherwise there'll be a bunch of people walking around who think they've been vaccinated but actually have not.

I am sure they would have data loggers with each batch. The data logger records temperature at pre set intervals and near impossible to fake. They say that Phizer has to be stored at minus 70C but good at minus 20C for 14 days prior to use.  Minus 20C is quite doable, minus 70C requires special refrigeration equipment and a reliable power supply!!

Edited by Ozepete
  • Like 1
BossHog
5 hours ago, arentol said:

Good news: Pfizer and Moderna vaccines may be here soon.

Sounds good but look at the numbers in that article. 117,000 and 200,000 doses delivered in May/June. That's not enough for even one half of one percent of the population. And if you need two doses of those the number of people covered by those shipments is going to be really really small considering the Phil's large population of, I think, 110 million.

They do say 20 million more doses of the Moderna vaccine 'by the end of the year' but we'll see.

Edited by BossHog
  • Like 3
RR3
On 4/1/2021 at 11:23 PM, Headshot said:

According to my doctor, the only vaccine presently available in the Philippines is the Sinovac vaccine from China (you know, the same people who gave us the virus to start with), and it is only available to healthcare workers and high mucky mucks (we don't belong to either group). It is just as well. Several people have already died after receiving a Sinovac vaccination, and there have been a lot of adverse reactions ... not to mention the fact that it has between 20% and 50% efficacy (from several studies) as compared to a 90%+ efficacy for most other vaccines available around the world.

AZ and Johnsonx gives you blood clots. Folks in Europe refuse az jabs. Experts say Sinovac safe, SputnikV best. Jury Gagarin flies again 

RogerDuMond
57 minutes ago, RR3 said:

AZ and Johnsonx gives you blood clots.

That is a little misleading, 6 people developed blood clots out of the hundreds of thousands vaccinated, and if I remember correctly, they were all women. I wouldn't hesitate taking it.

• Like 6
fivestarph
21 hours ago, fivestarph said:

Had my 1st Sinovac shot this morning at UC Banilad , took 3 hours from entry to exit. 

Second shot in 1 month's time.

24 hours on and so far no side effects. in fact my blod pressure has gone down.:thumbsup:

• Like 2
cookie47

First vaccination today.(Sinovax)
Well organised at the covered basketball court in Consolacion.
Two hours house to house..
8 stations ...
Fill forms
I D
Video of possible side affects.
Height , weight, oxymeter, Blood pressure.
Speak to doctor.Asked about any previous adverse reactions, taking any medication,.....(I already got a GP clearance)...
Vaccination...
Wait 30 minutes...
Check blood pressure (which unbelievable went down).
Given card and certificate with emergency numbers.
Next vaccination May...

No effect at all including jab site..

Sent from my M2003J15SC using Tapatalk

Edited by cookie47
Spelling
  • Like 4
RR3
1 hour ago, RogerDuMond said:

That is a little misleading, 6 people developed blood clots out of the hundreds of thousands vaccinated, and if I remember correctly, they were all women. I wouldn't hesitate taking it.

Numbers are higher, there is the risk. Are you sure you are the lucky one?

• Administrator
Dafey
37 minutes ago, RR3 said:

Numbers are higher, there is the risk. Are you sure you are the lucky one?

There are 8 cases in the US out of 6,000,000 vaccinated. Do the math. You're more likely to hit the lottery than get blood clots. And , if you do it's not a death sentence. For many of us, at our tender ages and health conditions, catching the virus is more of a death sentence.

Now...I appreciate your apprehension if you don't want to get the vaccine. It is a personal choice. And if anyone would like to post facts about any of the vaccines, please feel free to do so. However, let's not try to "shame" people into getting or not getting the vaccine with half truths. If anyone has a factual article to post, please do so with a link.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
cookie47
46 minutes ago, Dafey said:

For many of us, at our tender ages and health conditions, catching the virus is more of a death sentence.

Absolutely,That was the reasoning behind my choice to participate. 

• Like 3
arentol
7 hours ago, Ozepete said:

I am sure they would have data loggers with each batch. The data logger records temperature at pre set intervals and near impossible to fake. They say that Phizer has to be stored at minus 70C but good at minus 20C for 14 days prior to use.  Minus 20C is quite doable, minus 70C requires special refrigeration equipment and a reliable power supply!!

Just to add to the above regarding the Moderna vaccine:

The Moderna vaccine must be shipped at -4 degrees Fahrenheit (-20C), which is within the temperature of a regular refrigerator freezer.

After thawing, a vial of the Pfizer vaccine must be used within five days; Moderna’s is stable at fridge temperature for 30 days and at room temperature for 12 hours. Source.

Aren

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1