Vaccinations in the Philippines

fivestarph
1 hour ago, lamoe said:

Camputhaw, frontliners first, then seniors, canvasing now to see how many seniors want shot. Foreigners OK,  No stock for general use yet. Fill out form - get a call when available. Can decline shot if it's from China.

Seems not all Barangays in Cebu City accept Foreigners, mine declined my Form.

Edited by fivestarph
  • Like 1
  • Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dafey

• rfm010

• cookie47

• fivestarph

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Got my first sinovac shot yesterday, city sponored done at a local school as a walk in.  Another school down the road was by appointment only.  3 hours of form filling and waiting.  Lines to pick up f

Only problem is that after a few hours, you still want another vaccine.  Aren

Update for Consolacion. I had previously registered with my Barangay health center and was told they would call when they had a schedule for Lamac, my Barangay. No issue about being a foreigner. that

Posted Images

to_dave007

My Swiss friend (64) accepted to waiting list in Balamban.

• Like 1
Swissrider
If these barangays would reject foreigners for financial or capacity reasons, I could maybe understand it. Otherwise not.

Gesendet von meinem SM-N950F mit Tapatalk

• Like 1
arentol

Just curious, are you guys asking at Barangay Halls? 

Aren

to_dave007
42 minutes ago, arentol said:

Just curious, are you guys asking at Barangay Halls? 

I didn't ask.. but my Swiss friend asked at the barangay level.. either Health Officer or Barangay captain or officials.. whoever was managing the list.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
fivestarph
53 minutes ago, to_dave007 said:

I didn't ask.. but my Swiss friend asked at the barangay level.. either Health Officer or Barangay captain or officials.. whoever was managing the list.

Based on this I will recheck with our Association office and see whether my Form is back with them. If not maybe they have had a change of heart..

• Administrator
Dafey
19 hours ago, fivestarph said:

If Barangays are not allowing foreigners they should allow the foreigner to "purchase" the vaccine from a private institution, if they want. At the moment the only vaccines that are legal in the Philippines are government funded.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
to_dave007

Department of Health Implementing Guideline

Point II-G - It is further clarified that all Filipinos including overseas Filipino Workers, and other groups with legal residency status in the Philippines (i.e. foreign nationals, diplomats) shall be included in the priority group appropriate to their circumstance. For example, said individuals meeting the eligibility criteria for Priority Group A2 (senior citizens), Priority Group A3 (adults with controlled comorbidities), and the like may masterlist ~ with their respective local government units (LGU) subject to supply availability.

https://doh.gov.ph/sites/default/files/health-update/dm2021-0157.pdf?fbclid=IwAR1MfSc02ZN2S3zaC9EwuaD1GeFKsB_yYIURhpIOntx-jjxXYUmHh2Agb3U

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4
to_dave007

I was expecting that a vaccination passport may be required to travel.

This makes that a LOT less certain, as us government takes position against vaccination passports.

• Like 2
Swissrider
I was expecting that a vaccination passport may be required to travel.
This makes that a LOT less certain, as us government takes position against vaccination passports.

I don't understand why the world cannot agree on a digital vaccination certficate. Also in Europe they are having back and forth disussions. Apparantly there are concerns about data protection. Before we had the yellow WHO certificate and if it's getting digitized, it doesn't matter, does it ? Google etc. know 10 times more about us than this passport in question.

Gesendet von meinem SM-N950F mit Tapatalk

• Like 4
to_dave007
2 minutes ago, Swissrider said:

I don't understand why the world cannot agree on a digital vaccination certficate. Also in Europe they are having back and forth disussions. Apparantly there are concerns about data protection. Before we had the yellow WHO certificate and if it's getting digitized, it doesn't matter, does it ? Google etc. know 10 times more about us than this passport in question.

I didn't put my comment here to debate the PRO and CON of having a vaccine passport..  no doubt there will be many on each side of that argument.  However..  my own personal REASON for getting vaccinated was to support air travel since I assumed a vaccine passport would be required..  However...  it does not seem so certain now !!!  

• Like 2
cookie47
1 hour ago, to_dave007 said:

For example, said individuals meeting the eligibility criteria for Priority Group A2 (senior citizens)

FYI......My wife and I both seniors (and I DO understand I'm not a citizen.. been down that discussion before)... We were requested by the BOD (board of directors of our subdivision)to fill in a form so a certificate of residency can be issued. (Which it was)...

ALSO  We have also had a meeting with a Barangay representative (a nurse) to fill out another form ,Basic info plus any comorbilities. (I was told to use my driver's licence as I'd).  I..questioned the nurse intensely if I was 100% included in vaccination.She asked do I have an ACRI card...Yes,,, No problem she said......I also had to get a certificate from my GP as I do have slight hypertension....Now with this in Mind we were booked last Tuesday..(Cancelled) ....Today...(Cancelled).Can't really get good info why....

So there we go, It appears it's going to be Sinofax..... (anything for me).

I will keep you posted when or if it happens...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
to_dave007
6 minutes ago, cookie47 said:

I was told to use my driver's licence as I'd).  I..questioned the nurse intensely if I was 100% included in vaccination.She asked do I have an ACRI card...Yes,,, No problem she said......

Very interesting..  I had ASSUMED that "residency status" in the DOH notice would refer to resident VISA status (13A or SRRV) ...  but ACRI card and Drivers license..  and perhaps even something like a house and CEBECO bill could be used to show residency.

• Like 1
cookie47
4 minutes ago, to_dave007 said:

Very interesting..  I had ASSUMED that "residency status" in the DOH notice

Yes ,I thought exactly the same that you would have expected at least a 13a or SRRV or whatever. and im still wondering if it will happen at alI I didn't expect it.

• Like 1