Jump to content

Using Your Military ID at Bases in Asia


Recommended Posts

smokey

Has anyone with military id tried to go to PX zt us military base in asia  there are bases korea   japan   thailand  etc they must have a px

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrator
Salty Dog
29 minutes ago, smokey said:

Has anyone with military id tried to go to PX zt us military base in asia  there are bases korea   japan   thailand  etc they must have a px

Are you talking about an active duty ID, retired ID or VA ID?

Different countries have different rules concerning use of exchanges, commissaries and other facilities.  Some even have different rules for use of an exchange than they do for the commissary.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Soupeod
10 hours ago, Salty Dog said:

Are you talking about an active duty ID, retired ID or VA ID?

Different countries have different rules concerning use of exchanges, commissaries and other facilities.  Some even have different rules for use of an exchange than they do for the commissary.

I never understood that, unless it’s to control the black market.

Has anyone here tried to enter the exchange at the embassy?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrator
Salty Dog
3 hours ago, Soupeod said:

I never understood that, unless it’s to control the black market.

Has anyone here tried to enter the exchange at the embassy?

Some of it has to do with an agreement with the country where people who don't live there have to shop on the local economy. They don't want visitors spending there money at a cheaper US funded store.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Headshot

I have used the BX at the Naval station on Singapore, but it is really more a glorified 7-11 than anything you would recognize as a BX. You can use the BX's on Guam, but technically that might not be considered Asia. 

Edited by Headshot
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
smokey

Well i was just looking to roam and use base u know to buy american stuff so thinking korea as to my id its never been refused anywhere

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..

Capture.JPG

I Understand...