Jump to content

Vacationing with Filipina girlfriend during covid


Recommended Posts

  • Administrator
Dafey

Wow! You're hitting all the spikey hot spots. Thiland, Brazil and Colombia. What's next...Florida and Texas?

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • stuckoutside

    11

  • GwapoGuy

    4

  • SkyMan

    4

  • jaybee747

    4

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wow! You're hitting all the spikey hot spots. Thiland, Brazil and Colombia. What's next...Florida and Texas?

So, my girlfriend and I were in a bind a little while ago due to the covid entry restrictions in the Philippines. I can't get in and that makes it hard to be together. There are probably more than a f

Filipinos get a 45 day visa on arrival -- same as Americans. I don't know if it was 30 days or 15 days before, but it has been extended for everyone.

SkyMan
4 hours ago, Dafey said:

Wow! You're hitting all the spikey hot spots. Thiland, Brazil and Colombia. What's next...Florida and Texas?

Maybe Salty can comment on Florida, I have friends there that have no problems now.  I'm in Texas right now and no problem here. I have a mask in my glovebox in case I go into a Federal office but other than that, Texas is back to normal. 

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrator
Dafey

Florida is leading the nation for new covid cases daily. Texas is a close second.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
SkyMan
43 minutes ago, Dafey said:

Florida is leading the nation for new covid cases daily. Texas is a close second.

Then it must be non issue everywhere because it's not an issue here.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Soupeod
3 hours ago, SkyMan said:

Then it must be non issue everywhere because it's not an issue here.

Where is here in Texas?

Link to post
Share on other sites
SkyMan
2 hours ago, Soupeod said:

Where is here in Texas?

San Antonio. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
GwapoGuy
On 5/8/2021 at 12:33 AM, stuckoutside said:

@GwapoGuy Wouldn't Greece require a Schengen visa for the Filipina?

Yes she has been to Europe before but that was a lifetime ago. Had a chance to get vaccinated but all they had on offer was Sinovac, so she passed.

Have tickets to Maldives in October.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
stuckoutside

We ended up making it regardless of the complexity.

For those who wish to follow, the hotel quarantine is no fun but you'll make it eventually. They no longer allow you to sit outside in the "recreation area" after you test negative twice. Pony up the money for a slightly nicer place where the reviews say that the wifi is strong. Email the hotel before booking to confirm that everything they advertise is still available.

Once you are out, you get paperwork saying that you completed the quarantine and are free to travel the country, subject to the existing covid controls.

If you can get your girl vaccinated, maybe you can find your way into one of the sandbox programs instead of doing the quarantine.

As predicted, we exited quarantine as their upsurge was dying down -- just in time for Bangkok to re-open.

Edited by stuckoutside
because
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
jaybee747
1 hour ago, stuckoutside said:

We ended up making it regardless of the complexity.

For those who wish to follow, the hotel quarantine is no fun but you'll make it eventually. They no longer allow you to sit outside in the "recreation area" after you test negative twice. Pony up the money for a slightly nicer place where the reviews say that the wifi is strong. Email the hotel before booking to confirm that everything they advertise is still available.

Once you are out, you get paperwork saying that you completed the quarantine and are free to travel the country, subject to the existing covid controls.

If you can get your girl vaccinated, maybe you can find your way into one of the sandbox programs instead of doing the quarantine.

As predicted, we exited quarantine as their upsurge was dying down -- just in time for Bangkok to re-open.

How can a Filipina travel to Thailand these days? She need to apply for a visa at the Thai consulate in Manila beforehand?

Link to post
Share on other sites
SkyMan
On 9/14/2021 at 8:56 AM, jaybee747 said:

How can a Filipina travel to Thailand these days? She need to apply for a visa at the Thai consulate in Manila beforehand?

Precovid they could get visa on arrival of 14 days or so.

Link to post
Share on other sites
stuckoutside
On 9/14/2021 at 1:56 PM, jaybee747 said:

How can a Filipina travel to Thailand these days? She need to apply for a visa at the Thai consulate in Manila beforehand?

Filipinos get a 45 day visa on arrival -- same as Americans. I don't know if it was 30 days or 15 days before, but it has been extended for everyone.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
jaybee747
53 minutes ago, stuckoutside said:

Filipinos get a 45 day visa on arrival -- same as Americans. I don't know if it was 30 days or 15 days before, but it has been extended for everyone.

So 45 days less 14 days in quarantine leaves you 31 days to travel, can you extend your stay once you are in Thailand?

Edited by jaybee747
Link to post
Share on other sites
stuckoutside
On 9/16/2021 at 4:28 PM, jaybee747 said:

So 45 days less 14 days in quarantine leaves you 31 days to travel, can you extend your stay once you are in Thailand?

Yes, however they recently announced that they may reduce the original visa-free entry back to 30 days sometime soon. Anything (or nothing) could happen here.

You can extend for an additional 30 days once you are in the country.

They have also had 60 day covid extensions going for more than a year. They usually continue the extensions just as the previous authorization is running out. Of course, one day, they just won't do the last minute continuation of the policy....

Link to post
Share on other sites
stuckoutside

It looks like Thailand is extending its covid visa extensions until November 26th, 2021.

This means that if you entered with a 45 day visa and extended it by 30 days, you can extend by an additional 60 days if your current expiration is before November 26th. If your timing is right and you want to, this can bring you into January.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, stuckoutside said:

It looks like Thailand is extending its covid visa extensions until November 26th, 2021.

This means that if you entered with a 45 day visa and extended it by 30 days, you can extend by an additional 60 days if your current expiration is before November 26th. If your timing is right and you want to, this can bring you into January.

Where did you get that info??   I know things change daily..

https://www.pattayamail.com/latestnews/news/thailands-60-days-covid-immigration-extensions-now-in-doubt-372688

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..

Capture.JPG

I Understand...