Vacationing with Filipina girlfriend during covid

• Administrator
Dafey

Wow! You're hitting all the spikey hot spots. Thiland, Brazil and Colombia. What's next...Florida and Texas?

• Haha 3
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• stuckoutside

• GwapoGuy

• SkyMan

• jaybee747

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wow! You're hitting all the spikey hot spots. Thiland, Brazil and Colombia. What's next...Florida and Texas?

So, my girlfriend and I were in a bind a little while ago due to the covid entry restrictions in the Philippines. I can't get in and that makes it hard to be together. There are probably more than a f

Filipinos get a 45 day visa on arrival -- same as Americans. I don't know if it was 30 days or 15 days before, but it has been extended for everyone.

SkyMan
4 hours ago, Dafey said:

Maybe Salty can comment on Florida, I have friends there that have no problems now.  I'm in Texas right now and no problem here. I have a mask in my glovebox in case I go into a Federal office but other than that, Texas is back to normal. 

• Confused 1
  • Administrator
Dafey

Florida is leading the nation for new covid cases daily. Texas is a close second.

• Thanks 1
SkyMan
43 minutes ago, Dafey said:

Florida is leading the nation for new covid cases daily. Texas is a close second.

Then it must be non issue everywhere because it's not an issue here.

Soupeod
3 hours ago, SkyMan said:

Then it must be non issue everywhere because it's not an issue here.

Where is here in Texas?

SkyMan
2 hours ago, Soupeod said:

Where is here in Texas?

San Antonio. 

• Thanks 1
GwapoGuy
On 5/8/2021 at 12:33 AM, stuckoutside said:

@GwapoGuy Wouldn't Greece require a Schengen visa for the Filipina?

Yes she has been to Europe before but that was a lifetime ago. Had a chance to get vaccinated but all they had on offer was Sinovac, so she passed.

Have tickets to Maldives in October.

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...
stuckoutside

We ended up making it regardless of the complexity.

For those who wish to follow, the hotel quarantine is no fun but you'll make it eventually. They no longer allow you to sit outside in the "recreation area" after you test negative twice. Pony up the money for a slightly nicer place where the reviews say that the wifi is strong. Email the hotel before booking to confirm that everything they advertise is still available.

Once you are out, you get paperwork saying that you completed the quarantine and are free to travel the country, subject to the existing covid controls.

If you can get your girl vaccinated, maybe you can find your way into one of the sandbox programs instead of doing the quarantine.

As predicted, we exited quarantine as their upsurge was dying down -- just in time for Bangkok to re-open.

Edited by stuckoutside
because
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
jaybee747
1 hour ago, stuckoutside said:

We ended up making it regardless of the complexity.

For those who wish to follow, the hotel quarantine is no fun but you'll make it eventually. They no longer allow you to sit outside in the "recreation area" after you test negative twice. Pony up the money for a slightly nicer place where the reviews say that the wifi is strong. Email the hotel before booking to confirm that everything they advertise is still available.

Once you are out, you get paperwork saying that you completed the quarantine and are free to travel the country, subject to the existing covid controls.

If you can get your girl vaccinated, maybe you can find your way into one of the sandbox programs instead of doing the quarantine.

As predicted, we exited quarantine as their upsurge was dying down -- just in time for Bangkok to re-open.

How can a Filipina travel to Thailand these days? She need to apply for a visa at the Thai consulate in Manila beforehand?

SkyMan
On 9/14/2021 at 8:56 AM, jaybee747 said:

How can a Filipina travel to Thailand these days? She need to apply for a visa at the Thai consulate in Manila beforehand?

Precovid they could get visa on arrival of 14 days or so.

stuckoutside
On 9/14/2021 at 1:56 PM, jaybee747 said:

Filipinos get a 45 day visa on arrival -- same as Americans. I don't know if it was 30 days or 15 days before, but it has been extended for everyone.

• Like 3
jaybee747
53 minutes ago, stuckoutside said:

So 45 days less 14 days in quarantine leaves you 31 days to travel, can you extend your stay once you are in Thailand?

Edited by jaybee747
stuckoutside
On 9/16/2021 at 4:28 PM, jaybee747 said:

So 45 days less 14 days in quarantine leaves you 31 days to travel, can you extend your stay once you are in Thailand?

Yes, however they recently announced that they may reduce the original visa-free entry back to 30 days sometime soon. Anything (or nothing) could happen here.

You can extend for an additional 30 days once you are in the country.

They have also had 60 day covid extensions going for more than a year. They usually continue the extensions just as the previous authorization is running out. Of course, one day, they just won't do the last minute continuation of the policy....

stuckoutside

It looks like Thailand is extending its covid visa extensions until November 26th, 2021.

This means that if you entered with a 45 day visa and extended it by 30 days, you can extend by an additional 60 days if your current expiration is before November 26th. If your timing is right and you want to, this can bring you into January.

1 hour ago, stuckoutside said:

It looks like Thailand is extending its covid visa extensions until November 26th, 2021.

This means that if you entered with a 45 day visa and extended it by 30 days, you can extend by an additional 60 days if your current expiration is before November 26th. If your timing is right and you want to, this can bring you into January.

Where did you get that info??   I know things change daily..

https://www.pattayamail.com/latestnews/news/thailands-60-days-covid-immigration-extensions-now-in-doubt-372688