• Administrator
Dafey

Cebu Pacific announces additional domestic flights from June 8-30

image.png.8f6c399b5f52f3de4ee5f17a173609c6.png

Low-cost Cebu Pacific Air announced on Saturday schedules of some of its additional domestic flights from June 8 to 30, 2020, as part of the company's gradual rebuilding of its route network from the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic.

In an advisory, the additional domestic flight routes include:

image.png.9289f7a1d3a0acb78df5810b0983daee.png

Flight details as well as bookings are through the website, www.cebupacificair.com. For added flexibility, new bookings include CEB Flexi for free. This allows passengers to rebook their flights up to two times, giving peace of mind and ease to move travel dates. Meanwhile, for passengers with existing bookings, they may rebook to any of the above-mentioned flights through the “Manage Booking” page on the website, http://bit.ly/CEBmanageflight.

This is a developing situation and we will have an agile approach to rebuilding our network schedule. It may be necessary for us to add or cancel flights at last minute given the fluidity of restrictions and directives from the Inter-Agency Task Force (IATF), the Local Government Units (LGU) and other concerned government agencies, the airlines added in its advisory.  

"We will provide updates through our website and official social media accounts and endeavor to inform our passengers in a timely manner," it added. 

Moreover, it said: "We strongly urge passengers to check guidelines of the IATF, or with the LGU of origin and destination. Passengers may be asked to present proof of purpose of travel and other requirements upon entering the airport or at arrival at the destination." 

CEB has implemented new flexibility policies to give passengers peace of mind in the event their flights are cancelled. They have the following options: 

1.       Free rebooking     

Rebook to any other travel date within three (3) months. Change (rebooking) fees and fare difference are waived.

2.       Full Travel Fund     

Place the full cost of the ticket in a Travel Fund valid for one (1) year. Use the Travel Fund within one (1) year—either book a flight up to one (1) year ahead, or pay for add-ons (e.g. baggage allowance, seat selection, etc.)    

If the Travel Fund is not used within one (1) year, passengers can apply for a full refund.    

3.       Full refund    

Processing of refunds will start after the Community Quarantine is lifted and regular work schedules resume. However, due to the unprecedented volume of requests for refunds, the process will take as long as three (3) to four (4) billing cycles.  

All Cebu Pacific passengers can manage their bookings online

https://www.msn.com/en-ph/money/topstories/cebu-pacific-announces-additional-domestic-flights-from-june-8-30/ar-BB158Qv7?ocid=spartandhp

• Thanks 1
SkyMan

http://www.sugbonews.com/?pageid=1&newsid=458&fbclid=IwAR3Vn4Ju9SehUJoR5neEwp1jqFWaEnR-IlLxh7A9ysW-TAfHVxWPxkGJHB8

IDS, CAPITOL CERTIFICATIONS, ROUNDTRIP TICKETS NEEDED FOR ARRIVING DOMESTIC PASSENGERS IN CEBU

Those from other provinces of the country allowed to travel during the community quarantine period who wants to come to Cebu must bring necessary documentary requirements such as certifications, proofs of employment, and confirmed roundtrip flight ticket.

All aircraft carrier operators must also ensure hand sanitizers and disinfectants are available at check-in counters and other conspicuous places and provide face masks if needed.

Governor Gwendolyn Garcia issued Executive Order (EO) No. 17-E on Tuesday, June 2 defining protocols to be observed in the airports for domestic passengers arriving in the Province of Cebu who are not Locally Stranded Individuals (LSI) or Overseas Filipino Workers (OFW).

Protocols for LSIs and OFWs have already been in place following Garcia’s previously-issued EOs.

“Kung mu-travel sa Cebu tungod duna kay trabaho, medical or humanitarian reasons, dunay negosyo nga imung atimanon duna ta’y mga certificates nga kinahanglan i-present,” Garcia explained.

Documentary requirements

Health and emergency frontline service personnel shall present their Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) license, official identification (ID) card, hospital ID card, or any other proof of their occupation, and confirmed roundtrip ticket.

Government officials and frontline personnel must present their official ID card and confirmed roundtrip ticket.

Those travelling to Cebu for permitted work must present their company ID card and a certificate of employment stating their affiliation to the company, a certification from the Cebu Provincial Government, and confirmed roundtrip ticket.

Persons traveling for medical reasons must present a certificate from the mayor of the local government unit (LGU) having jurisdiction over his or her residence as well as a medical certificate, certification from the provincial government of Cebu and confirmed roundtrip ticket.

Persons travelling for humanitarian reasons must have certification from the Cebu Provincial Government and confirmed roundtrip ticket.

Owners of business establishments permitted to operate in Cebu must present a certification from the Capitol and confirmed roundtrip ticket.

Persons travelling to Cebu for connecting international flights have to show the confirmed plane tickets and proof of their residence or work abroad.

Professionals must present proof of their profession and a document reflecting the purpose of their travel along with the Capitol-issued certification.

Persons not covered by the EO who need to travel to Cebu may be issued a certification by the Capitol.

The Capitol certification will be issued within 24 hours from submission of the complete applicable documents.

Garcia said person with incomplete documents and those who show Covid-19 symptoms shall not be allowed to board the aircraft. 

While en route to Cebu, passengers shall be required to fill up a Passenger Personal Heath Declaration Form (PPHDF) which will be collected in-flight by designated airline personnel and turned over to the Department of Health (DOH) and the Bureau of Quarantine (BOQ) in Cebu.

If a passenger shows any of the Covid-19 symptoms while on flight, he or she shall be isolated at the tail end of the aircraft and be last to deplane. Upon arrival, he or she shall be accompanied to the designated holding area by ground personnel and turned over to the BOQ for assessment. 

Garcia asked aircraft operators to submit regular report reflecting the number of passengers entering Cebu with the dates of their return back to their point of origin.

Leisure travel is still strictly prohibited.

EO 17-E came about after the governor’s consultative meeting with the representatives of local airline carriers and GMR Megawide Cebu Airport Corporation (GMCAC) on Monday, June 1 to establish guidelines for arriving passengers once domestic flights at the Mactan Cebu International Airport (MCIA) resume.

Airport laboratory

Meanwhile, GMCAC Chief Executive Advisor Andrew Harrison told the governor that their Covid-19 testing laboratory can process about a maximum of 2,000 swab samples per day for arriving OFWs and LSIs. 

In previous meetings, the airport operator chief said this laboratory can help decrease the backlog of OFWs in Manila awaiting repatriation and create a momentum for Cebu’s economy once international flights arrive.

MCIA is the first airport in the country to have a Covid-19 testing laboratory. Test results from the airport laboratory will be available after 24 hours. (Mylen Manto)

• Like 1
battleborn

Leisure travel is strictly prohibited.  Well I guess I will stay home.  Too many certificates required anyway.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
SkyMan
23 hours ago, battleborn said:

Leisure travel is strictly prohibited.

Yeah, my 80 something neighbor couple were happy about being able to resume their walking around the cemetery exercise routine until I told him, I bet you'll hate that.  He says no, we like to walk.  Then you can't go.  Why, we're allowed out for exercise.  Yes, but you can't like it.  Huh?  Leisure travel is strictly prohibited so you can only go there if you don't like it......Hahahaha

• Haha 2
  • Administrator
Dafey

PAL resumes flights to 8 domestic destinations, Manila-Los Angeles

image.png.2d125cb73a4aa1fc0cd7d8a9d4ee7486.png

MANILA, Philippines — Flag carrier Philippine Airlines (PAL) resumed yesterday regular passenger flights to eight domestic and one international destination under new normal safety procedures for travelers from the Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA) terminals.

PAL spokesperson Cielo Villaluna said flights were set to eight domestic destinations that include PR1813/1814, Manila-Davao-Manila; PR1845/1846, Manila-Cebu-Manila; 2P2521/2522, Manila-Cagayan de Oro-Manila, and 2P2557/2558, Manila-Dipolog-Manila.

Four other domestic sweeper flights include PR5453/5454, Manila-General Santos-Manila; 2P4997/4998, Manila-Zamboanga-Manila, and one International flight – PR102 Manila-Los Angeles.

Face masks are compulsory for passengers upon entering NAIA terminals and upon check-in.

All passengers would be required to bring their own hygiene kits that include face masks, gloves, antibacterial wipes and hand sanitizers or at least 70 percent isopropyl alcohol.

Manila International Airport Authority (MIAA) general manager Ed Monreal said foot baths, thermal temperature scanning are already in place at the entrance of the four terminals of the NAIA and protective barriers have been installed at each check-in desk and immigration counter to provide additional safety reassurance to passengers and employees.

“We are working with all the stakeholders – including the airport immigration, health and aviation authorities – to implement such measures, and we will continue to review and consult expert advice for any development and changes. We are all aware that we have to adapt to different practices during this pandemic in our day-to-day operations,” Monreal added MIAA has unveiled enhanced health protocols and safety measures for NAIA personnel and passengers to flatten the curve of COVID-19 pandemic.

Online check-in for all flights remain suspended. This allows the airlines to assign seats based on social distancing measures where possible. Families traveling together can request to sit as a group when checking in.

PAL has amended its boarding procedures as passengers can now enter the aircraft by exact row rather than zone, from the back of the plane to the front.

Cabin crew would wear in-flight full personal protective equipment (PPE) during the flight.

Travelers set to transit through the airport onto another flight will have to go through thermal screening upon disembarkation.

They would be assisted by airline personnel dressed in full PPE at the gate before boarding a connecting flight to ensure social distancing and in-flight safety measures.

Cabin baggage remains restricted to essential items such as a laptop, handbag, briefcase or baby items.

Passengers would be given single-use menus, and items such as mattresses, pillows, blankets, headphones and toys which would be hygienically sealed before use.

For international travelers, the airline recommends that passengers carry their own pen to fill out health declaration forms required at some destinations.

https://www.msn.com/en-ph/news/national/pal-resumes-flights-to-8-domestic-destinations-manila-los-angeles/ar-BB15cFm0?ocid=msedgdhp

• Like 1
BossHog

That root canal procedure some guy was asking about sounds a lot more pleasant than flying right now!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
SkyMan

A friend of mine just flew CEB-MNL on PAL.  In fact, he's boarding in Incheon to Detroit at this moment.  I don't know if this was in Cebu or Manila but he told me there was a near riot at the PAL kiosk when a flight was canceled and they were telling the PAX that refunds were no longer an option and they had to take vouchers.  Armed Philippine Army troops had to step in to defuse the situation.  The refund is still listed as an option on PAL's website but maybe that hasn't been updated yet.  Read the fine print if you sign up for a flight.

https://www.philippineairlines.com/en/ph/home/covid-19/passengeroptions

Edited by SkyMan
  • 3 weeks later...
papimafioso69

Have Domestic Flights to Province been suspended?

Been watching the cases in Leyte jumping  . Our biggest fear trying to get home is being stuck in a Airport or in a hotel in Manila . Thank you 

We’re trying to get to Leyte . I’m actually in Chicago now . Just drove through the south west and couldn’t believe that most people wouldn’t wear a mask . 

• Like 1
rizla

Unless you are married to a filipina and can prove that you are married, as a foreigner, my understanding is that you will be stopped at immigration and not be allowed entry in Phils, you will be returned to your home country (passport held) at your cost!

It is more likely you will not be allowed to board your flight from Chicago.

papimafioso69

I am married to a Filipina  so that’s not the issue . It’s if our flight makes it in and we go through the quarantine . Then it’s a flight to Tacloban if you can get one . We just read that the positive rate cases have gone up since OFW have arrived . 

SkyMan

From what I've been reading, you get tested when you arrive at NAIA.  Then you are taken to a Quarantine Hotel of your choice (from the allowed list) and basically locked up for 4-5 days waiting for your results.  If all good, then you can go back to the airport for your next flight so don't bother booking a flight until then.  Hotels, food you order, and testing all at your expense.  Then when you get to your next stop expect a 14 day quarantine.

• Like 1
  • Administrator
Dafey
3 hours ago, papimafioso69 said:

I am married to a Filipina  so that’s not the issue . It’s if our flight makes it in and we go through the quarantine . Then it’s a flight to Tacloban if you can get one . We just read that the positive rate cases have gone up since OFW have arrived . 

1 hour ago, SkyMan said:

From what I've been reading, you get tested when you arrive at NAIA.  Then you are taken to a Quarantine Hotel of your choice (from the allowed list) and basically locked up for 4-5 days waiting for your results.  If all good, then you can go back to the airport for your next flight so don't bother booking a flight until then.  Hotels, food you order, and testing all at your expense.  Then when you get to your next stop expect a 14 day quarantine.

If you have an option you might want to wait. What @SkyMan has reported was from an expat in a similar situation as you

Yes, the cases have surged in Leyte since the OFWs and LSIs have been surging back in. Depending on where you live you may be going through another 14 day quarantine, (house arrest), when you get there by order of the local barangay. It's all good, these steps are the best thing for trying to control the spread of the virus.

I would suggest you stay away from Cebu as things are starting to get bad there.

Are you entering on BB program?

• Like 1
papimafioso69

Yes I am  . Shit the way thing’s are going here in the state’s with another surge in cases , the Philippines might not let there own people comeback let alone me . 

• Like 1
Soupeod
11 hours ago, papimafioso69 said:

I don’t think Leyte is accepting anyone right now. They will not allow Filipinos to return, much less a foreigner. Since hospital and Quarantine space is maximized with covid people.

Read the posts about Cebu Q pass suspended, it has info on Leyte as well.

to_dave007

Perhaps someone can research the COVID resources utilization at the main Leyte hospitals and post it here.  I can't seem to access the www.covid19.gov.ph/issuances/ site just now..  No idea why.