Kreole
15 hours ago, rfm010 said:

This strikes me as wrong.  A source would be appreciated, i'd like to see what they are getting at.

There is lots of information if you do a search online beyond the first page of google references.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lamoe

• Kreole

• SkyMan

• Irenicus

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This may be a new option. Who wants to be first to try it in the Philippines? The rest describes the process. It's worth going to the link to read it all but too much to post.  

Posted Images

• Administrator
Dafey

This may be a new option. Who wants to be first to try it in the Philippines?

My experience using the instant at-home COVID-19 test that’s CDC-approved for travel to the US

image.png.f926c75be1d6be4d212288bab9948bf9.png

Last week, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) expanded the testing program for international travel to the United States, allowing airlines to accept at-home instant tests that include remote supervision.

I purchased a six-pack of Abbott’s BinaxNOW COVID-19 Home Test for $150 through eMed, which includes supervision for each test and currently appears to be the only at-home instant test to meet the CDC’s supervision requirement (at this time, the CDC hasn’t released a list of eligible tests).

While this eMed six-pack is compliant, a similar version sold through pharmacies may not be, so be sure to select the option that includes an “eMed Certified Guide.”

My six-pack arrived the day after I placed my order, and appeared to be valid through Sept. 17, so I’ll be able to use the remaining kits for future trips. You’ll need to order the kit before you depart the U.S., and bring it along on your trip so you can complete the test within the required three-day window.

When it was time to test, I downloaded the NAVICA app, created an account and logged in via the web browser on my computer. I then began a short questionnaire.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/tips/my-experience-using-the-instant-at-home-covid-19-test-that-s-cdc-approved-for-travel-to-the-us/ar-BB1gJAKA?ocid=msedgdhp

The rest describes the process. It's worth going to the link to read it all but too much to post.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
Kreole
On 3/20/2021 at 7:06 AM, Irenicus said:

I'll take the anus swab over the cranial nose spelunker swab - heard that thing hurts like hell.   And after the 80's, I don't have a septum anymore so that swab would go straight into my frontal cortex.

Do the anal swab folks offer reach around service, or it that extra?

You can get a saliva swap test instead of nasal.  All you have to do is spit in a cup. There is a god, after all.

Kreole
On 5/16/2021 at 6:59 AM, Dafey said:

This may be a new option. Who wants to be first to try it in the Philippines?

The rest describes the process. It's worth going to the link to read it all but too much to post.

Where in Cebu do they do the antigen test described in this post?  Cebu Pacific is offering this test ONLY for travelers to specific destinations.  There must be other locations where you don't have to take a plane.  I would gladly pay for a set of the antigen tests that Dafey describes here.

Kreole

Today I checked with Cebu Doctors and the regular price is 2,200 for antigen; for seniors it is 1,760.  The results are available in 2 hours.  But you may only have 48 hours from the time of the test results to arrive at your destination.

lamoe
19 hours ago, Kreole said:

You can get a saliva swap test instead of nasal.  All you have to do is spit in a cup. There is a god, after all.

Cebu Doc did the stick

9 hours ago, Kreole said:

Today I checked with Cebu Doctors and the regular price is 2,200 for antigen; for seniors it is 1,760.  The results are available in 2 hours.  But you may only have 48 hours from the time of the test results to arrive at your destination.

Hi-Precision also P1,400 if my memory is correct :lamoe:32 2560151

image.thumb.png.6d1906eeb5ab830b887a973b1aef879e.png

• Like 1
Kreole
4 hours ago, lamoe said:

Cebu Doc did the stick

Hi-Precision also P1,400 if my memory is correct :lamoe:32 2560151

image.thumb.png.6d1906eeb5ab830b887a973b1aef879e.png

Salamat.  I will go there.

Kreole
On 5/19/2021 at 11:33 AM, Kreole said:

Where in Cebu do they do the antigen test described in this post?  Cebu Pacific is offering this test ONLY for travelers to specific destinations.  There must be other locations where you don't have to take a plane.  I would gladly pay for a set of the antigen tests that Dafey describes here.

Apparently there is misinformation regarding the really FAST  RAPID ANTIGEN TEST. that is offered by Cebu Pacific.  I am trying to avoid the PCR tests because they have a high incidence of false positives.  The PCR test has two variants; the nose jab or the saliva.  However, the rapid test I described above is not, to my u understanding a PCR test.   The results for the one at Cebu Pacific are only good for 48 hours after receiving the test as opposed to 72 hours for the PCR. 

So, far, I cannot find anywhere in Cebu where that test is given.  I am guessing because the PCR test is so lucrative and the new test is half that price.  I am very disappointed having to pay 2000 p for a potential false positive that could land me stuck in quarantine in Cebu for 14 days.