SkyMan
21 minutes ago, Salty Dog said:

How many times have you been tested?

I think he's trying them all, looking for a positive experience.

• Haha 2
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lamoe

• Kreole

• SkyMan

• Irenicus

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This may be a new option. Who wants to be first to try it in the Philippines? The rest describes the process. It's worth going to the link to read it all but too much to post.  

Posted Images

lamoe
3 hours ago, Salty Dog said:

How many times have you been tested?

twice - would have been only once but Easter week delayed 2nd eye surgery until this Thursday. Exceeded 1st test acceptable period

BioPath - nose only -free 1 time per year - Cebu Doctors nose & throat- should be able to get any time required by doc or travel.

• Thanks 1
lamoe

Received results at 2:03 am - negative - Cebu Doc has 4 prices  - I believe they are - P5,000 no discounts, P3,400 seniors , P1,591 Philhealth, P591 senior & Philhealth

Edited by lamoe
liquido
17 minutes ago, lamoe said:

Received results at 2:03 am - negative - Cebu Doc has 4 prices  - I believe they are - P5,000 no discounts, P3,400 seniors , P1,591 Philhealth, P591 senior & Philhealth

I paid $18.00 US for my PCR test in Mexico before returning to the USA last week..As they say the testing kit looks like a pregnancy test..Got results in minutes as I sat there...So P591 is a good price you paid... 

• 3 weeks later...
Kreole

Are the current covid tests using the PCR test with a swab up the nose into the sinus?  a swap to the back of the throat?  a saliva swab in the mouth?

Swissrider
Are the current covid tests using the PCR test with a swab up the nose into the sinus?  a swap to the back of the throat?  a saliva swab in the mouth?
It's normaly taken from the nose. But if you prefer the chinese version it is also taken somewhere else. The last 3 letters are also 'nus'.

Gesendet von meinem SM-N950F mit Tapatalk

• Haha 3
HeyMike

The covid test I had when I arrived in Cebu in March was the nose and cheek swab.

The nose swab did not go very high into the nose like they used to test. My wife had a nose swab test in the States many months ago and it hurt enough to make her cry. The swab test I did here just tickled the nose hair a little. The swab did not go anywhere near the sinus.

The mouth swab was just rubbed on both cheeks.

The anus swab test was actually quite stimulating. (just kidding, they would not give me the anal test, although I requested it).

• Haha 3
Kreole

OK, thanks for the replies.

Fresh
On 4/26/2021 at 9:06 AM, HeyMike said:

The covid test I had when I arrived in Cebu in March was the nose and cheek swab.

You arrived in Cebu from an international country last month? How did you qualify, with your wife?

HeyMike
1 minute ago, Fresh said:

You arrived in Cebu from an international country last month? How did you qualify, with your wife?

Yes, I came with my wife on a balikbayan. We departed the United States (JFK airport).

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
lv2play

Is there any testing done in or near Moalboal ?
other question are there any vaccinations done in the same area around Moalboal ?

Kreole

Where in Cebu city can you get a virus test?  There is one station on Osmenia 3 blocks from the capitol and they charge 2000P = $40+ USD.  Are there any cheaper alternatives? 

Are all virus tests using PCR protocol?

If PCR tests are being mandated, how can you find out how many cycles they are using?  For example, testing cycles 25 and below are more accurate than above 25; 30 or 40 cycles doubles and triples the possibility of false positives according to the CDC and WHO which have sent out bulletins worldwide.  Did the PH get the message?

Thanks ahead for information.

lamoe
16 hours ago, Kreole said:

Where in Cebu city can you get a virus test?  There is one station on Osmenia 3 blocks from the capitol and they charge 2000P = $40+ USD.  Are there any cheaper alternatives? 

Are all virus tests using PCR protocol?

If PCR tests are being mandated, how can you find out how many cycles they are using?  For example, testing cycles 25 and below are more accurate than above 25; 30 or 40 cycles doubles and triples the possibility of false positives according to the CDC and WHO which have sent out bulletins worldwide.  Did the PH get the message?

Thanks ahead for information.

There are 6 near Fuentes Circle   BioPath  (2) / Cebu Doctors / Red Cross / Vicente Soto / DOH (dept of health)

Red Cross P2,000, Vicente Soto free w/ Philhealth I believe - 2 / 3 week wait to get test - register on line, Bio Path was free, now P3,400,  Cebu Doc P5,000 no discount, P3,400 senior, P1,600 Philhealth, P600 senior citizen (not visitor) w/ Philhealth, DOH P900 w/Philhealth online registration very long wait

Verify all prices first

Red Cross - register online  / pay online  or get paperwork and pay at BDO then take to station - first come first served - maybe senior priority

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Kreole

Salamat for the useful information.

rfm010
On 5/13/2021 at 3:53 AM, Kreole said:

testing cycles 25 and below are more accurate than above 25; 30 or 40 cycles doubles and triples the possibility of false positives according to the CDC and WHO

This strikes me as wrong.  A source would be appreciated, i'd like to see what they are getting at.

• Like 1