Irenicus
5 hours ago, Pman said:

Sooo.... can you now drive down from Cebu and take the boat across to duma???

My wife wants to visit to Philippines this summer and I prefer flying into Cebu. 

BREAKING NEWS.  Less than 24 hours after the Governor of Negros sent the Executive Order saying PCR tests are not necessary to return to Dumaguete City, the mayor of Dumaguete overode the EO and you still need to have a COVID test before coming to Dumaguete.

So... ummm.... if anyone has anymore info on inexpensive, quick (mutually exclusive, probably), please let me know as we are heading up to Cebu on Monday and returning on Thursday (inshallah). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lamoe

• Kreole

• SkyMan

• Dafey

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This may be a new option. Who wants to be first to try it in the Philippines? The rest describes the process. It's worth going to the link to read it all but too much to post.  

Posted Images

rfm010
21 hours ago, Irenicus said:

... if anyone has anymore info on inexpensive, quick (mutually exclusive, probably), please let me know as we are heading up to Cebu on Monday and returning on Thursday (inshallah)

just to bring your attention back to skyman's jan 27 post i quote a section of it below.  apparently the red cross has received permission to use spit samples instead of nasal swabs.   i think there is some guinea-pigging here as they are to cross check one of every 100 spit tests with a nasal swab test to compare for accuracy.  but your concern is turnaround time and cost, so no matter to you unless you are one of the lucky 100. 

red cross should be easy enough to contact on saturday, call them if you have any problems with the internet site.  i haven't tried it.

"...Those interested in getting a saliva test must book an appointment through book.redcross1158.com, choose a location and date for the test.

But those who want to undergo the saliva test must not eat, drink, gargle or smoke cigarettes and e-cigarettes 30 minutes before they are tested.

At the testing sites, they would be given a sterilized container with a barcode and a funnel, which they can use to transfer about 1 to 2 milliliters of their saliva, unlike the “more invasive” swab test.

Experts added that the saliva test would be significantly cheaper at P2,000 compared with nasal swab tests that cost at least P3,800..."

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
rfm010

fwiw, in regard to potential time frames.   daughter had a test early morning friday at philippine genome center.  got her results within 24 hours. 

three of her potential travel companions, however, have not as of sunday night received their results.  daughter says this isn't the first time members of her group have had delayed results and, while some members in the past have tested positive, any delay in results has not correlated with results themselves. 

so get your tests done quick as a bunny and hope for the best.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
lamoe
On 3/12/2021 at 11:37 PM, rfm010 said:

just to bring your attention back to skyman's jan 27 post i quote a section of it below.  apparently the red cross has received permission to use spit samples instead of nasal swabs.   i think there is some guinea-pigging here as they are to cross check one of every 100 spit tests with a nasal swab test to compare for accuracy.  but your concern is turnaround time and cost, so no matter to you unless you are one of the lucky 100. 

red cross should be easy enough to contact on saturday, call them if you have any problems with the internet site.  i haven't tried it.

"...Those interested in getting a saliva test must book an appointment through book.redcross1158.com, choose a location and date for the test.

But those who want to undergo the saliva test must not eat, drink, gargle or smoke cigarettes and e-cigarettes 30 minutes before they are tested.

At the testing sites, they would be given a sterilized container with a barcode and a funnel, which they can use to transfer about 1 to 2 milliliters of their saliva, unlike the “more invasive” swab test.

Experts added that the saliva test would be significantly cheaper at P2,000 compared with nasal swab tests that cost at least P3,800..."

Just called my doc (eye surgery) wants PCR - nose or throat - Red Cross - appointment(book.redcross1158.com) P2,000 throat - P3,750 nose and throat - typ 1 day to get in, 24 hrs results

image.thumb.png.108a2c8ab6ac2e673038baa1f8fd67ab.png

Irenicus
On 3/12/2021 at 8:44 AM, Pman said:

Sooo.... can you now drive down from Cebu and take the boat across to duma???

My wife wants to visit to Philippines this summer and I prefer flying into Cebu. 

Another update.

The answer is yes, you can drive down from Cebu and take the boat across to Negros Oriental/Duma/Sibulan.  There is no need for a PCR test.   The Dumaguete Tourism (per orders of Duma mayor) will tell you if you are returning to Dumaguete City, you need a PCR test. At this point, that is only true if you are arriving in the Dumaguete Port.  We traveled via the Sibulan port (just north of Duma), and there is no PCR requirement.  I guess the mayor of Duma is the only one on Negros not following the governor's EO on reduced travel requirements for traveling to and from Negros Oriental.

But that could always change tomorrow.  Or in twenty minutes....

• Thanks 3
BossHog

People keep coming by wanting to swab my anus.

Bit of foreplay would be in order I say but ouch. Right in the pouch!

Can I get immunity from this and why won't they answer my texts?

• Like 2
Irenicus
19 hours ago, BossHog said:

People keep coming by wanting to swab my anus.

I'll take the anus swab over the cranial nose spelunker swab - heard that thing hurts like hell.   And after the 80's, I don't have a septum anymore so that swab would go straight into my frontal cortex.

Do the anal swab folks offer reach around service, or it that extra?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Administrator
Dafey
19 hours ago, BossHog said:

People keep coming by wanting to swab my anus

That's not a swab....

• Haha 4
Chris24
18 hours ago, BossHog said:

Can I get immunity from this and why won't they answer my texts?

Maybe the last swab spelunking expedition turned up something they didn't like......

SkyMan

Crowded?  Price wo PhilHealth?

lamoe

Got there at 7 am - wanted to be there by 6:30 - given wrong address at first - was #8 - problem with Philhealth - didn't match  I.D. - had to get verification sent - out by 8:20 - P3,409 without it.

Had to use their computer to fill out form - Didn't really start processing until 7:20 -  had 2 paperwork processors. Maybe 5 min once they started

image.png.c4024513c5a9f66a3b39084c04503411.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
lamoe

Got E-mail at 6:05 PM as promised - negative - heard of a 2nd one also near Fuentes - Vicente Soto Clinic - online registration - 2 to 4 day turn around

• Administrator
Dafey
19 hours ago, lamoe said:

Had to use their computer to fill out form

Hope you washed your hands....

• Like 1
lamoe
2 minutes ago, Dafey said:

Hope you washed your hands....

Tata was with me, we both carry small bottles of spray, she's cleanliness OCD. I finished - out came the spray bottle.

I use to wipe freshly sprayed hands on masks until she saw how filthy my mask was from  just touching banisters here.