SkyMan
1 hour ago, Dafey said:

Maybe the clock starts when you receive your results?

Possibly but from the requirement I  read from Qatar, it sounded like the swab had to be so many hours before boarding.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lamoe

• Kreole

• SkyMan

• Dafey

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This may be a new option. Who wants to be first to try it in the Philippines? The rest describes the process. It's worth going to the link to read it all but too much to post.  

Posted Images

Davaoeno
1 hour ago, Dafey said:

If you think that thru I suggest it wouldn't be logical-  because when results are received is irrelevant IMHO.

• Like 1
jaybee747
1 hour ago, Dafey said:

This is what someone at the airline told me before flying, luckily I did not took it at face value because otherwise they will not let me board! To be on the safe side I took the test 48 hours before the flight, the girl at the airport check in counter did not accept the PCR test because she said I should take it 72 hours before the flight, not 48 hours... Need to call a manager to sort it out.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 2
profits101

PAL covers these things for many countries, this is a portion of the USA update:  

Effective January 26, 2021, CDC issued an Order requiring all air passengers arriving to the US from a foreign country to get tested no more than 3 days before their flight departs and to provide proof of the negative result or documentation of having recovered from COVID-19 to the airline before boarding the flight.

https://www.philippineairlines.com/en/ph/home/covid-19/DepartingFromThePH/UnitedStates/Mainland

CDC in the US also has a pretty goof FAQ:  https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/testing-international-air-travelers.html

As one who is planning on getting out of here in March, I agree, three days before the flight is tight, very tight for turnaround standards here. You also have to be sure not to confuse the antigen "Rapid" test (not accepted) with the Swab PCR test - the one they are looking for...

Edited by profits101
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
cebu101

My girl friend is flying to a Schengen country and part of the new requirement is a Rapid Antigen test 24 hours before departure. Anybody know about a place to get the result quick?

The flight go 18:15 so the best is to take it at a place that is open in the evening?

In my home country it is possible to get the result in 15 minutes but from what I see online it takes "forever" to get the result in Philippines.

Miss Cebu by the way :)

Edited by cebu101
Fresh

2 hours ago, cebu101 said:

My girl friend is flying to a Schengen country and part of the new requirement is a Rapid Antigen test 24 hours before departure. Anybody know about a place to get the result quick?

The flight go 18:15 so the best is to take it at a place that is open in the evening?

In my home country it is possible to get the result in 15 minutes but from what I see online it takes "forever" to get the result in Philippines.

Your gf is Miss Cebu? :thumbsup:

https://ucmed.ph/onlineappointment/rt-pcr/

• Haha 1
cebu101
44 minutes ago, Fresh said:

Your gf is Miss Cebu? :thumbsup:

Hahaha :)

Thanks, but on the website it says: "Get your official Results within 24-48 hours via email." I need it faster to be sure she get on the flight.

Here are some other places Qatar Airways recommend for covid test. Anybody know how quick or slow they give results?

Allegiant Regional Care Hospital
Cebu TB Reference Laboratory
Vicente Sotto Memorial Medical Center (VSMMC)
Prime Care Alpha Covid-19 Testing Laboratory
Philippine Red Cross – Cebu Chapter
University of Cebu Medical Center
Cebu Doctors University Hospital, Inc.
Chong Hua Hospital

Edited by cebu101
  • Like 1
Davaoeno
6 hours ago, cebu101 said:

Edited 6 hours ago by

Yeh- I miss Cebu too!!

• Haha 1
SkyMan

I hope this gets acceptance for arriving/departing passengers soon.  PRC in this article is the Philippine Red Cross.

https://newsinfo.inquirer.net/1388236/prc-saliva-test-as-accurate-as-nasal-swab-test

image.thumb.png.ff5a8e645e28dce57441596b3d126296.png

PRC: Saliva test as accurate as nasal swab test

By: Meg Adonis - Reporter / @MegINQ

Philippine Daily Inquirer / 05:12 AM January 26, 2021

CHEAPER TEST Philippine Red Cross chair and CEO Richard Gordon leads the saliva test launching in Mandaluyong City on Monday. —NINO JESUS ORBETA

MANILA, Philippines — Filipinos now have a choice to get accurately tested for the new coronavirus without fear of having to endure nasopharyngeal swab tests after the Philippine Red Cross (PRC) on Monday formally launched its saliva polymerase chain reaction (PCR) test.

Michael Tee, lead researcher for the saliva test, said the new procedure was 98.23-percent accurate compared with the RT-PCR swab test, which had a 99-percent accuracy rate.

This meant that 98.23 percent of those who underwent saliva and swab tests saw the same results in both, Tee explained.

Since the saliva test would also be processed by the same reverse transcription-PCR (RT-PCR) machines used in swab test samples, PRC chair and CEO Richard Gordon explained that the PRC could double the number of tests its molecular laboratories were processing daily.

“Testing is so important. After we conduct tests, we can immediately isolate those who are sick so we can prevent the spread of the virus. Then we can also treat [the patient], especially if the virus was detected early,” Gordon said.

Currently, the PRC has 13 molecular laboratories in the country that can process 9,000 tests daily, but Gordon clarified that this number could easily be doubled once Filipinos opt to undergo the saliva test.

Those interested in getting a saliva test must book an appointment through book.redcross1158.com, choose a location and date for the test.

But those who want to undergo the saliva test must not eat, drink, gargle or smoke cigarettes and e-cigarettes 30 minutes before they are tested.

At the testing sites, they would be given a sterilized container with a barcode and a funnel, which they can use to transfer about 1 to 2 milliliters of their saliva, unlike the “more invasive” swab test.

Experts added that the saliva test would be significantly cheaper at P2,000 compared with nasal swab tests that cost at least P3,800. INQ

For more news about the novel coronavirus click here.
What you need to know about Coronavirus.
For more information on COVID-19, call the DOH Hotline: (02) 86517800 local 1149/1150.

Edited by SkyMan
  • Like 3
SkyMan

I guess the difference in price is due to those dang 3000 pesos swabs?

• Like 3
  • Administrator
Dafey
3 hours ago, SkyMan said:

I guess the difference in price is due to those dang 3000 pesos swabs?

It's actually the extra long BBQ stick!

• Haha 3
  • 2 weeks later...
smokey

So i hear a rumor u can buy a pack of 25 swab test kits at walmart so 99  dollars  so 200 peso each humm wonder if they deliver

Davaoeno
1 hour ago, smokey said:

So i hear a rumor u can buy a pack of 25 swab test kits at walmart so 99  dollars  so 200 peso each humm wonder if they deliver

I think you misread the ad Smokey- they are ear swabs!

1612700503068.jpg

• Haha 1
smokey

Screenshot_20210208-193444_Google.jpg

• Like 1
mikecon3
18 minutes ago, smokey said:

Screenshot_20210208-193444_Google.jpg

Not FDA approved, and the customer reviews are terrible. Not available outside the US...because of shipping. Wonder how long it will be before UPS sues them...if I was one of their drivers, I wouldn't want to be handling envelopes that are containing possible positive results from people that did a test at home!

• Like 1