Looking for a bit of local help from the forum please.

We are in the process of bringing my missus's  sister over to Dumaguete from Cebu. Getting a free swab Test seems to be all booked up well in advance so can anybody give some locations where we can get the swab Test done privately but also quickly. Tomorrow or Wednesday at the latest. I was thinking of the one at Mactan Airport but it seems as though that is for people exiting the country only. She will be making the journey by either fastcraft or ferry.

Many thanks in advance of any assistance. 

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lamoe

• Kreole

• SkyMan

• Irenicus

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This may be a new option. Who wants to be first to try it in the Philippines? The rest describes the process. It's worth going to the link to read it all but too much to post.  

Posted Images

to_dave007

Philippines Red Cross in Mandaue.. right on the highway.  By appointment. Not free.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
jaybee747

I was tested at Chong Hua Hospital by fuente osmena circle, got the results in 36 hours, paid 5,125 pesos.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Kreole
2 hours ago, jaybee747 said:

I was tested at Chong Hua Hospital by fuente osmena circle, got the results in 36 hours, paid 5,125 pesos.

Why is the test so expensive?  Is the price the same everywhere?  Does HP do the test?

jaybee747
11 minutes ago, Kreole said:

Why is the test so expensive?  Is the price the same everywhere?  Does HP do the test?

Prices are not the same everywhere, Vicente Soto hospital test was less expensive, it is public hospital and they could not guarantee 48 hours turn around. Chong Hua is private.

7 hours ago, Edd said:

can anybody give some locations where we can get the swab Test done privately but also quickly.

Same question, but for the blood test for antibodies, are they being done in Cebu?

jaybee747
5 minutes ago, Fresh said:

Same question, but for the blood test for antibodies, are they being done in Cebu?

100721514_1511263712378559_8768665812027310080_o.thumb.jpg.aadbcd64d280468c5ebcd69aa659d184.jpg

• Like 4
Dutch

Are there any swab test locations that can guarantee a 24 hour turnaround in Cebu?
The locations I looked at all conduct their testing in the morning, with a 48 hour turnaround, this is a problem because with an afternoon/evening flight back to Europe, the test would be older than 72 hours on arrival.

37 minutes ago, Dutch said:

Are there any swab test locations that can guarantee a 24 hour turnaround in Cebu?
The locations I looked at all conduct their testing in the morning, with a 48 hour turnaround, this is a problem because with an afternoon/evening flight back to Europe, the test would be older than 72 hours on arrival.

Is it 72 hours maximum from test to arrival at destination OR Is it 72 hours from test to boarding your flight? 

• Like 1
Dutch
3 minutes ago, Edd said:

Is it 72 hours maximum from test to arrival at destination OR Is it 72 hours from test to boarding your flight? 

arrival at destination, sadly.

5 minutes ago, Dutch said:

arrival at destination, sadly.

Dutch, Not doubting your word but do you have a link to that?  I have to travel to the UK in a few weeks time and I was under the impression that it was 72 hours from test to boarding the plane. Sadly, I cant find anything official to confirm either way. Very tight timeline, not going to be easy whatever it is, lol.  

• Like 1
Dutch
1 minute ago, Edd said:

Dutch, Not doubting your word but do you have a link to that?  I have to travel to the UK in a few weeks time and I was under the impression that it was 72 hours from test to boarding the plane. Sadly, I cant find anything official to confirm either way. Very tight timeline, not going to be easy whatever it is, lol.  

For the UK it seems okay, you must have a test taken 3 days before boarding your flight (https://www.emirates.com/nl/english/help/covid-19/travel-requirements-by-destination)
Backed up by: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-testing-for-people-travelling-to-england

Netherlands it has to be 72 hours prior to arrival, denied entry if no valid test is presented.
Germany it's 48 hours prior to boarding.
Denmark is even worse, the test must not be older than 24 hours prior to boarding.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Dutch said:

For the UK it seems okay, you must have a test taken 3 days before boarding your flight (https://www.emirates.com/nl/english/help/covid-19/travel-requirements-by-destination)
Backed up by: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-testing-for-people-travelling-to-england

Netherlands it has to be 72 hours prior to arrival, denied entry if no valid test is presented.
Germany it's 48 hours prior to boarding.
Denmark is even worse, the test must not be older than 24 hours prior to boarding.

Dutch, Thanks mate, appreciated.  Those timelines are crazy for the countries shown, I think the UK at 72 hours from departure is tight enough.

Dutch
3 minutes ago, Edd said:

Dutch, Thanks mate, appreciated.  Those timelines are crazy for the countries shown, I think the UK at 72 hours from departure is tight enough.

They really are, however, in lots of places they offer 24 hour tests, Dubai for example, also a lot cheaper (~30 euro for PCR test).

• Like 1
  • Administrator
Dafey

Maybe the clock starts when you receive your results?