Feeling Bad for Wife

Jester

Been married for 14 years, living in the US.  Wife is doing ok for herself,  works as a hair stylist in an mens salon.  Now it seems like I am living alone,  she is going to school for nursing and working 2 days a week.  Except for work and classes she is always here,  with her nose in a book from 7 am to 10 pm.  I have no issue with that and glad she is bettering herself.  She recently got a B+ on a course and not an A, is very upset about only a B+  LOL.

We have returned to the P's about every 1 1/2 years for 2 months or so.  Now with the covid we are unable to go.  With the political non sense and the destruction of the US dollar I fear she may never get to go again.  This is what I feel bad about.

I mention to her that it was not that long ago that when she left home she would have only been able to write and not get a response for a couple months.   Now she has unlimited talk time.  Rather humorous in a car on the expressway talking to her mom in a car in the P's and the call drops, she gets upset.  I am in awe that it works!    She also has these computer thingys she can talk and see her family, 10,000 miles away.   They are not in a city, but live in a rural area,  no phone or internet lines.   They have some sort of jungle WiFi.  Brother has a computer degree (she paid for) and can keep the system in top condition.  By the way I do not believe this is technology,  but that it is sorcery that Bill Gates sold his soul to the devil for. 

Some of her friends have never been back to the P's to see family or scrimp and save for years to make a once in a lifetime trip.  She is very fortunate,  but I still feel bad.

Not looking for an answer,  I have taken a vow of isolation till this scourge is purged from our lands and have bit too much time on my hands.  Started this isolation needing to lose 8 lbs,  now I need to lose 13, most I have weighted in my life.   Out of the Marine Corps 50 years ago a little over 170 and now either 188 or 192 depending on which scale is right.

• Like 6
A_Simple_Man

Sounds like you miss your Philippine vacations.  I am not at that point yet.  My wife and I will go back next Christmas (for a visit) if all goes according to plan.

My wife also works.  She would work all the hours God sends if she could.  She has a son and I end up looking after him while she is working.  Maybe that is the answer for you.  Labs work miracles these days.  Get her knocked up and play Mr Mom while she is at work.  :biggrin_01:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
lamoe
9 hours ago, Jester said:

Been married for 14 years, living in the US.  Wife is doing ok for herself,  works as a hair stylist in an mens salon.  Now it seems like I am living alone,  she is going to school for nursing and working 2 days a week.  Except for work and classes she is always here,  with her nose in a book from 7 am to 10 pm.  I have no issue with that and glad she is bettering herself.  She recently got a B+ on a course and not an A, is very upset about only a B+  LOL.

We have returned to the P's about every 1 1/2 years for 2 months or so.  Now with the covid we are unable to go.  With the political non sense and the destruction of the US dollar I fear she may never get to go again.  This is what I feel bad about.

I mention to her that it was not that long ago that when she left home she would have only been able to write and not get a response for a couple months.   Now she has unlimited talk time.  Rather humorous in a car on the expressway talking to her mom in a car in the P's and the call drops, she gets upset.  I am in awe that it works!    She also has these computer thingys she can talk and see her family, 10,000 miles away.   They are not in a city, but live in a rural area,  no phone or internet lines.   They have some sort of jungle WiFi.  Brother has a computer degree (she paid for) and can keep the system in top condition.  By the way I do not believe this is technology,  but that it is sorcery that Bill Gates sold his soul to the devil for. 

Some of her friends have never been back to the P's to see family or scrimp and save for years to make a once in a lifetime trip.  She is very fortunate,  but I still feel bad.

Not looking for an answer,  I have taken a vow of isolation till this scourge is purged from our lands and have bit too much time on my hands.  Started this isolation needing to lose 8 lbs,  now I need to lose 13, most I have weighted in my life.   Out of the Marine Corps 50 years ago a little over 170 and now either 188 or 192 depending on which scale is right.

I understand completely - has been almost 10 months since we were in Bohol - would go for 10 days every month.

Actually more for me / us  to do there than here.

She can talk for hours, video chat and have cousin (+ 2 kids) visit daily but not the same.

50 for me this year also, 150 at discharge, 10 years ago 225, now 165, if no excess skin 150 again?:lamoe:

• Confused 1
crazygolfer

Talked to my ex some weeks ago. She had planned to visit her place in Negros this Christmas but can't because of the situation now.  Upset as the elderly there are slowly dying away and she wants to meet them a last time.

She said "Thanks God, there is Internet and cheap telephone calls these days, atleast a way to be in near touch".