Filipino Visa Attorneys

JeremyMcGeorge

Hi, 

i travel to the PI on a regular basis. Last year, i fell in love and I want to bring my girl to the US. Can i do that on my own or is it best to use an attorney. I was thinking about using Filipino Visa   

Has anyone else worked with this company or known someone who has. It's somewhat expensive, but worth it since I don't know anything about immigration. 

Please advise if it's something i can just do through the embassy with ease or i need the help of an attorney and if so, if you feel Filipino Visa is reputalbe and if not who is. 

Thanks 

• Like 1
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fresh

• Sibonga Simon

• SkyMan

• Dafey

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Are you referring to the visa application? Sure you can do it yourself, I did. Takes time but if you take reasonable care there is no reason why you would need to feed a lawyer. There are enough guide

So you can do it easily enough on your own without the use of an attorney? 

No, our Report of Marriage was accomplished in the Philippines after our marriage in the US. The online process seems a bit iffy because the lack of authentication with ID’s and the witnessing, oaths,

• Administrator
Dafey

If you are planning on marrying her one of the fastest cheapest ways is to get a fiance visa. 6 months and she comes to the US and has 30 days to wed, (pandemic willing)

Info on the US embassy site under visas

Sibonga Simon
1 hour ago, Dafey said:

If you are planning on marrying her one of the fastest cheapest ways is to get a fiance visa. 6 months and she comes to the US and has 30 days to wed, (pandemic willing)

If you want to wed, you can actually do it online in Utah.  That way you can move straight to the spouse type visa.  I did it - it was great actually - one in US, one IN PH - no problem.  Both not US citizens - no problem.

I am still getting hit up for a 'real' ceremony, but that can wait until Covid wanes.

Edited by Sibonga Simon
Typo
Davaoeno
3 hours ago, Dafey said:

Dafey-  do you have any info about the situation currently?  Is the US still giving out fiancé visas and how long is the required time these days?  ( asking for an American)   thank you

• Like 1
  • Administrator
Dafey
27 minutes ago, Davaoeno said:

do you have any info about the situation currently?

Oh, thats right!

Let me see if there is anything on the embassy news

• Administrator
Dafey

I guess this means nobody is allowed at the moment. At least that what it sounds like

Important Notice

The United States Embassy in the Philippines remains unable to resume routine immigrant and nonimmigrant visa services at this time. We will resume routine visa services as soon as possible but are unable to provide a specific date. The MRV fee is valid and may be used to schedule an interview appointment in the country where it was purchased within one year of the date of payment. If you have an urgent matter and need to travel immediately, please follow the guidance provided at (+632) 7792-8988 and (+632) 8548-8223, or through the online appointment system at ustraveldocs.com/ph to request an emergency appointment.

Applicants for H1B, H2B, H4, L and certain J categories covered by Presidential Proclamation 10052 should request an appointment only if you have reason to believe you may qualify for one of the exceptions listed in the Proclamation here:  https://www.whitehouse.gov/presidential-actions/proclamation-suspending-entry-aliens-present-risk-u-s-labor-market-following-coronavirus-outbreak

Davaoeno

Thank you for the info!

SkyMan
4 hours ago, Dafey said:

and she comes to the US and has 30 days to wed

It's actually 90 days but the embassy isn't doing visas now so I think it's on hold.

• Like 1
Fresh
3 hours ago, Sibonga Simon said:

If you want to wed, you can actually do it online in Utah.  That way you can move straight to the spouse type visa.  I did it - it was great actually - one in US, one IN PH - no problem.  Both not US citizens - no problem.

Are you saying a foreigner can marry a Filipina through that website, can you go into the details? How does that allow you to get a PSA marriage certificate in the PH? 

JeremyMcGeorge

• Like 2
wondersailor
2 hours ago, JeremyMcGeorge said:

Are you referring to the visa application? Sure you can do it yourself, I did. Takes time but if you take reasonable care there is no reason why you would need to feed a lawyer. There are enough guides online, just google it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Administrator
Salty Dog
5 hours ago, SkyMan said:

It's actually 90 days but the embassy isn't doing visas now so I think it's on hold.

I thought it was all done online and through the mail to the US, except for finger prints and the interview.

Of course the medical would be done there, but not at the Embassy.

SkyMan
6 hours ago, Salty Dog said:

I thought it was all done online and through the mail to the US, except for finger prints and the interview.

Of course the medical would be done there, but not at the Embassy.

The notice Dafey posted says they aren't doing routine visa services so I assume that would include interviews and biometrics so no visas to be issued now.

GwapoGuy
On 1/7/2021 at 1:53 PM, JeremyMcGeorge said:

i travel to the PI on a regular basis. Last year, i fell in love and I want to bring my girl to the US. Can i do that on my own or is it best to use an attorney. I was thinking about using Filipino Visa   

Has anyone else worked with this company or known someone who has. It's somewhat expensive, but worth it since I don't know anything about immigration. 

Please advise if it's something i can just do through the embassy with ease or i need the help of an attorney and if so, if you feel Filipino Visa is reputalbe and if not who is.

Decide whether you want a fiance or spousal VISA.

Make sure both your lady and you qualify.

If you have trouble filling out the application, seek a good immigration attorney in your hometown as they know the ins and outs of the VISA process.