Importing Electrics To Ph - Experiences

aabel

REFRIGERATORS. My friend and me found out that refrigerators/freezers to find in PH was not economic. Producing much heat - heat that had to be cooled down by more run by AC. So, after calculations and evaluations we ordered 2 marked AAAA+ from Norway, one to each of us. They arrived Cebu Harbor to a total cost of some PHP 50k. So far, so good. But getting them from harbor and the half hour drive to Mactan they asked for 75k PHP. After many negotiations with many companies, we managed to get them delivered for approx. 35k. Total cost for the two: 85k PHP as far as I remember. Expensive, yes, but when saving cost of aircon for some 5 years; No

Ok, finally we had them delivered outside door. Got them inside before inspection. Unwrapped we could see the buckles. Complaining to the irresponsible? Forget it in PH. Did someone knock them in anger for not fully payed? Mine is still running, my friends broke after approx. 4 years.

MY WAFFEL IRON I ordered from UK after 2 years searching all over Cebu. It was ordered in my wife Philippine name. I payed in advance. And waited. After some 7 months and no arrival, I complained to the UK company. The refund my payment. I was happy and forgot the whole UK waffle iron. I went to Norway and brought an waffle iron to PH.

One day, some 2 years after my order for the UK waffle iron, my asawa was working at BIR at City hall Lapu-Lapu. And she had an earend to the Post Office, presenting herself to the clerk behind the desk and bars. "Oh", the clerk said, "I saw your name somewhere lately". And the clerk down under the desk grabbed out the cartoon with the waffle iron from UK.

I tried to find the honest UK company for re refunding, but did not find them. May be they were bankerott. The levt over waffle iron, i gave as a gift to a friend with the story to a newcomer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Administrator
Dafey

Welcome to the Philippines

• Like 2
aabel
5 minutes ago, Dafey said:

Welcome to the Philippines

Thks. Again

Goetz1965

Never had any problem with my german 50Hz computing stuff.

I now reuse my old timer switch for the baygon vaporizer, noticed that as it is 50Hz it now runs 20% faster with the 60Hz here. Does it kill 20% faster - havn't noticed yet but maybe...

SkyMan
6 hours ago, Goetz1965 said:

Never had any problem with my german 50Hz computing stuff.

I now reuse my old timer switch for the baygon vaporizer, noticed that as it is 50Hz it now runs 20% faster with the 60Hz here. Does it kill 20% faster - havn't noticed yet but maybe...

For most items except motors/compressors, the supplied frequency doesn't matter.