Dave the Rave

Can anyone shed any light on whether home quarantine (vs. 14 days in a hotel) is allowed and, if so, how is that arranged?  Is it necessary to get permission from the barangay office?   My dual citizen wife will be returning to Cebu hopefully in February.  Will she be allowed to stay in our house in Lapu Lapu City for her quarantine?  If she lands in Manila first will she be required to quarantine there before travelling to Cebu. Any advice would be appreciated.  

Daddle

Perhaps useless datapoint: I arrived MNL on a 9A visa mid-December. Accredited hotel with shite food for one night. Hotel printed some health paper for me which I nor anybody ever looked at. Free movement across town in taxi to van station. Half-filled double-price van for 5 hours to remote Quezon Province. Several checkpoints but only stopped at one. Uninterested in me. But some locals that had gone visiting in Manila wisely got off in the shadows a block before. Never showed any paper to anyone after hotel. 14 day at-home honor-system quarantine. I complied but likely did not need to. No officials contacted in any way.

...and at no point did I have COVID. :-) Glad to be here away from the lawless carnage in the USA.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
Soupeod
23 minutes ago, Daddle said:

Perhaps useless datapoint: I arrived MNL on a 9A visa mid-December. Accredited hotel with shite food for one night. Hotel printed some health paper for me which I nor anybody ever looked at. Free movement across town in taxi to van station. Half-filled double-price van for 5 hours to remote Quezon Province. Several checkpoints but only stopped at one. Uninterested in me. But some locals that had gone visiting in Manila wisely got off in the shadows a block before. Never showed any paper to anyone after hotel. 14 day at-home honor-system quarantine. I complied but likely did not need to. No officials contacted in any way.

...and at no point did I have COVID. :-) Glad to be here away from the lawless carnage in the USA.

It’s nice how they ignore their own rules depending on your location.

• Like 1